Your First Post?

General Discussion
10/31/2016 02:14 AMPosted by SteveyHooves
10/29/2016 09:25 AMPosted by Freakjob

Just a reminder for folks like me who are still struggling to get all the Halloween items in loot boxes!

https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/overwatch-loot-box-seasonal
this man just answered every question I had with one link. He knows how to get a job done
This is my first ever post... it just asking about how about when the event ends
Beyblade was back when Ana's boost gave a speed boost, so people would nanoboost an ulting reaper and turn him into a super tornado of death that could move from the the first choke on Volskaya to the point during his ult. To this day nano boosted reaper ult is still called Beyblade.

Triple Tank was when Ana had had her speed boost on ultimate targets taken away but her raw healing was still super good. Meanwhile because of the way the DPS meta looked, only Soldier really had the raw damage to burst through tanks that had an Ana behind them. So team would run three tanks and an Ana and no one would die unless you had a Soldier/Roadhog to deal with the incoming damage. The point and square counters, like Pharah, Tracer, and Bastion, didn't work very well because Soldier and Roadhog were in almost every game.

That was my first post.
Nerf widowmaker was my first post.

And now I'm a widow main.
my first post was asking for a sombra buff
02/19/2018 07:04 PMPosted by SputnikGT
Beyblade was back when Ana's boost gave a speed boost, so people would nanoboost an ulting reaper and turn him into a super tornado of death that could move from the the first choke on Volskaya to the point during his ult. To this day nano boosted reaper ult is still called Beyblade.

Triple Tank was when Ana had had her speed boost on ultimate targets taken away but her raw healing was still super good. Meanwhile because of the way the DPS meta looked, only Soldier really had the raw damage to burst through tanks that had an Ana behind them. So team would run three tanks and an Ana and no one would die unless you had a Soldier/Roadhog to deal with the incoming damage. The point and square counters, like Pharah, Tracer, and Bastion, didn't work very well because Soldier and Roadhog were in almost every game.

That was my first post.
Triple tank meta was the best meta!
This makes related trophies harder as well. Less Symmetra means it will be harder to get Winston's trophy and "The Path is Closed," because there she is less used. And the Path is Closed trophy is broken on PS4. I got it on D.Va one night, pre-nerf, but it didn't register. So I didn't receive the trophy. And now I never see her, so GL getting it again.

That's me making a prediction about the overly harsh turret nerf on Symmetra for console. They ended up having to dial this one back from 30% to 15%.

And yes, I do have the Path is Closed as a trophy now, despite her being rare.
02/19/2018 07:09 PMPosted by SteveyHooves
02/19/2018 07:04 PMPosted by SputnikGT

That was my first post.
Triple tank meta was the best meta!

Agreed, that was fun...

My first post was actually in the Mercy Megathread. I just wanted to put my two cents in before I left and now here I am... Funny how that worked out in the end.
11/14/2017 12:33 AMPosted by Crusher55
That's what separates her from Rein. It's a stationary barrier on a cool down that can block damage for longer. Wanting it to be nerf would be like asking or Rein to be unable to move while using his shield.
This was from a post asking for Orisa nerfs.
04/29/2017 12:21 AMPosted by Neopets
*"I need healling! I need healing" - said as I was respawning, and I watched him run further and further away from spawn. :I Wow, aren't you helpful!

*So you know how sometimes the characters say lines about what is happening? Like about how we need to get the enemy off the point? Well, apparently one kid din't know that. I had just respawned, and my character said one of the lines. He got very angry and started shouting at me ):

*"This team sucks!" or "Am I the only one who is actually killing anyone??" - Ugh. Had several people like these, and they were always the worst player. Kept running straight in, instead of staying with the team and ended up dying more than the rest of us combined. Sure, we died sometimes, but we stuck together and were able to kill a lot of people. (The second person never answered me when I asked him how I managed to get PoG without killing anyone :/)

--

There was also one time I was playing Genji and kept spamming 'not yet'.
And a guy yelled 'to stop that annoying sound'.
So I kept doing it.
Because I am very matture :3

mada mada

From a 'Stupidest Thing a Player has Said to You' board, back on April 29, 2017.

Also I would like to go back and punch myself, because that last part is stupid. WTF me.
What One Thing Angers You The Most?

10/30/2016 08:42 PMPosted by Seb
When no one protects the healer, so the flankers pick them off and then they !@#$% that they weren't doing their job.

Also when I call out there are people flanking, but literally everyone's ignores them (and ofc we wind up getting team wiped or something because no one spent two seconds to go get rid of the reaper or mccree.)

Mmm, this all still stands.
It was back when the game first launched and I confused two abilities and made an incredibly moronic post that you shouldn't shoot D.Va's (original) defence matrix because it boosted her damage.

Will never know how I confused D.Va with Zarya.
03/02/2017 12:50 PMPosted by Ingvar
Jeff, baby, we all really love you, your developer updates and that smug face of yours. But we might have come to a misunderstanding. As you may have noticed the new hero is not Doomfist. And it isn't even voiced by Terry Crews. Don't get me wrong, Orisa is fine too. But she seems to be lacking POOOWEEER!!! We might need to fix this issue as soon as possible, otherwise there may be some complications in our further relationships. I have a fever. And the only cure is a certain gauntlet with an ability to level a skyscraper, and a certain person strapped to it. Please consider releasing Doomfist tomorrow. Or in an hour. Otherwise I will pretend that Orisa is Doomfist and will play her accordingly. Meaning I will rush straight into my enemies with a fierce battlecry. And if it results in the whole thing not working out, the blame is on you Jeff. The blame is on you!

03/02/2017 01:07 PMPosted by NightKnight
We already agreed that the Doomfist was the powerglove found on Numbani I thought, thats why posts like this are making me cringe
First post on the forums was about Lucio's Andes skin being "racist or not"
12/16/2016 12:41 PMPosted by Rosen
the skin isnt racist, its clever. since christmas has a lot of candy involved, why not make a candy-based skin for someone?

Naturally, I got downvoted
I was asking why everybody put so much hate into Torb in Quick Play if the other 5 are just dps. I mean, is not like they were trying to win or anything.
My first post was a dumb topic about a bug that Ana had when she had Captain Amari/ Horus skin on her sleep dart gun wasn’t Golden it would do this glimmer as if it were golden
02/19/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Rosen
First post on the forums was about Lucio's Andes skin being "racist or not"
12/16/2016 12:41 PMPosted by Rosen
the skin isnt racist, its clever. since christmas has a lot of candy involved, why not make a candy-based skin for someone?

Naturally, I got downvoted
I love this because for reason just because he's a black guy they have to make or think something is racist about them. its just why do that?
My first post was asking how to find old content off the battle.net front page. Then I bumped it months later and still nobody responded.
From a "How to Fix Symmetra" thread:

Undo the Nerf for her on consoles and move her into the defense catagory and she's fine.

(this was pre-rework)
02/19/2018 07:50 PMPosted by SgtTin
My first post was asking how to find old content off the battle.net front page. Then I bumped it months later and still nobody responded.
i feel your pain. i have asked some questions and just no one responded to them.