Why overwatch will never be a true competive game

Competitive Discussion
because nothing is done about underperformence. i am 100% allowed to play doomfist, my worst hero ever, in comp and lose 20 games i a row as long as i try and swap when asked too. ill just swap to sym, my next worst hero. i can derank to bronze and i wont be banned because altough i was clearly underperforming, i was "trying". Anyone can play any hero they want and techincally, you arent doing anything wrong. Nothing is being done about stats, how a dps can have no medals and a tank can have no damage blocked and a support can have less than 10% healing and nothing can be done about. no "scoreboard" or "pbsr based on team not character across the rank" or "team vote system".

I will never play doomfist only in comp and derank, i love this game. but no one is stopping me, and no one is stopping anyone from playing something they suck at or trying new heroes in comp because this comunity and developers want overwatch to be a more casual game for all types of people, which is fine with me. plenty of people take the game seriously, and the ones who take it casually either play low skill heroes. and then the very small percentage of people throw.
But you clearly weren't trying in that situation. You even put it in quotes lol.
So you played your worse hero "Doomfist" and lost 20 games for 5 other people -_-..Or was that just a example....I hope.
02/19/2018 08:35 PMPosted by RekkaWave
But you clearly weren't trying in that situation. You even put it in quotes lol.
well if i were to do this action. i would play domfist and every time i would dive in and try to do some combo i saw in the latest chipsa stream, and miserably fail. i would repeat this process. i am not activly throwing and im trying to get kills and win. im underperforming because i am unprepared and bad at the character, especially at the rank im playing him at. when i drop to maybe high silver i will be decent at doomfist. sad this game could allow this. like i said though, i would never do this because i love the game.
02/19/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Atlanta
So you played your worse hero "Doomfist" and lost 20 games for 5 other people -_-..Or was that just a example....I hope.
example of course. i could easily do this without a punishment, which is the point of the arguement.
02/19/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Topher
02/19/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Atlanta
example of course. i could easily do this without a punishment, which is the point of the arguement.

People can still report you for throwing technically even if you aren't according to the rules. With enough of those reports you could get auto banned I suppose.

But yes it's a silly gray area. Since you said you know you are unprepared and you know you will perform poorly, id call it throwing even if it isn't according to the rules. Anyway you'd be intentionally lowering your SR and I'm p. sure that's against the rules because of how it affects other people's games.
02/19/2018 08:58 PMPosted by RekkaWave
02/19/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Topher
...example of course. i could easily do this without a punishment, which is the point of the arguement.

People can still report you for throwing technically even if you aren't according to the rules. With enough of those reports you could get auto banned I suppose.

But yes it's a silly gray area. Since you said you know you are unprepared and you know you will perform poorly, id call it throwing even if it isn't according to the rules. Anyway you'd be intentionally lowering your SR and I'm p. sure that's against the rules because of how it affects other people's games.
nope i did extensive research. it doesnt count as throwing. most normal people would call it throwing(i do to) but according to blizzard, its not. the most common example of this is during the mercy meta, alot of mercy 1 tricks climbed ranks. sometimes, they played other heroes that required different skillsets. i friended a "throwing" mercy main who played doomfist and mccree and lost us the game for sure. right now he dropped from 3500 peak to 2800 right now. my entire team reported for greifing, but nothing has happened. he wasnt throwing, he still shot as mccree and dove as doomfist, but his aim wasnt at a diamond level as his mercy was.
??? so throwing purposefully doesnt make a game competitive???
02/19/2018 09:05 PMPosted by John
i mean you tell me. if it competitive when some people arent trying? if people in the nfl do laterals and reverse sweep every play for fun is nfl competitve? extreme example, my bad, but you get the point.
I think the reason there are sym one tricks in high gm not banned yet is because the overwatch team doesnt want to ban players because they are playing a hero made by blizzard and if they do ban them its pretty much insulting their balance team that cannot make heroes worth picking
well then i guess then no comp games are actually comp because what you describe happens in all of them... league, dota, csgo, yup, all of em. not esports now, someone tell the pros.

02/19/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Topher
02/19/2018 09:05 PMPosted by John
i mean you tell me. if it competitive when some people arent trying? if people in the nfl do laterals and reverse sweep every play for fun is nfl competitve? extreme example, my bad, but you get the point.

ranked ladder is not the same thing as playing in the nfl lol, at ALL, overwatch is a GAME, as long as people are trying they can play whatever hero they want, they can play in a way that aims to improve a certain aspect, thats fine, please chill.

Forum Moderator Note: Thread locked for discussion/advocation of Throwing, which is against the Blizzard Code of Conduct and can lead to suspensions.