I have quit Overwatch...

General Discussion
I really did love this game. I couldn’t stop playing it. This was most definitely my favorite game through both 2016 and 2017.
I did think think was gonna happen eventually though, because in my eyes, this game has been in a downwards spiral for almost ever.
So let’s talk about our issues.

Mercy - Though balanced, she remains a boring character that nobody really ever fills as.
You remember having a really awesome Resurrect and your whole team was applauding you? Well you just play Mercy and don’t really get any respect or attention now. Even when getting a good Rez off, nobody will really even acknowledge you because, honestly, who cares. You sat at a corner, pressed a button/key and boom, somebody came back to life.

Competitive - Do I even have to say anything? The game mode is literally a gamble on your sanity. For instance, I play Support, but it really does suck when EVERYBODY ELSE DOES TOO! Your win to loss ratio doesn’t even matter if you did well sometimes. It matters if you got a smurf, got a troll, got 400 dps, 9000 Supports, no tanks, etc.

New Heroes - Most have been cool but not as good as other heroes. Doomfist is really bad, Ana is really bad, and Orisa is getting better but still has some things left to be desired. When so many new heroes become so bad or op, it makes people get disappointed, if this character sucks then oh well. Gotta wait for the devs to take 1 year to buff them or 3 months to release another one.

OWL - Blizzard has spent so much time on OWL that the balance of the game itself has gone downhill. They may be balancing certain heroes but they ain’t doing it fast or well.

So it does really suck but at this point I really do think Overwatch is becoming a “spectator sport” like Stylosa said. I’m not playing this game anymore. Do you guys still plan too?
I still have angry birds on my phone.
02/19/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Cobanat
I’m so confused. How does that tie in? Lol

I'd be more impressed with still having Flappy Bird
See you tomorrow.
02/19/2018 10:22 PMPosted by Jinx
I’m so confused. How does that tie in? Lol

Kiwi is a bird.
These post are so random. Ima just go...
Sob sob look what you made me do Blizzard.
02/19/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Jinx
For instance, I play Support, but it really does suck when EVERYBODY ELSE DOES TOO! Your win to loss ratio doesn’t even matter if you did well sometimes. It matters if you got a smurf, got a troll, got 400 dps, 9000 Supports, no tanks, etc.

Do you really play supports? Or just another only mercy, now moira player?
02/19/2018 11:05 PMPosted by Fullmetal
02/19/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Jinx
For instance, I play Support, but it really does suck when EVERYBODY ELSE DOES TOO! Your win to loss ratio doesn’t even matter if you did well sometimes. It matters if you got a smurf, got a troll, got 400 dps, 9000 Supports, no tanks, etc.

I play Mercy and Moira. If I need to be secondary support, I’ve also been practicing my Lucio and Zen. A Mercy to Moira player is still technically a support player.
I still have flappy birds
Most of your issues with the game can really be narrowed down to "im a casual player and i miss casual overwatch" and while i agree with you on that, i doubt its a worthy enough reason to be dramatic and make a post about leaving overwatch forever imo
% of "i quit" posts that are actually followed by poster quitting game

I'm putting the number at 10%.....too high?
02/20/2018 05:35 AMPosted by Jinx
02/19/2018 11:05 PMPosted by Fullmetal
I play Mercy and Moira. If I need to be secondary support, I’ve also been practicing my Lucio and Zen. A Mercy to Moira player is still technically a support player.

Yes but only Moira and Mercy mains says they are quitting
02/20/2018 05:43 AMPosted by PsychoPuff
02/20/2018 05:35 AMPosted by Jinx
...I play Mercy and Moira. If I need to be secondary support, I’ve also been practicing my Lucio and Zen. A Mercy to Moira player is still technically a support player.

Yes but only Moira and Mercy mains says they are quitting
Who I play only plays a small role. I’m not a Mercy main saying “OMG MY HERO IS NERFED I’M QUITTING!”
02/20/2018 05:41 AMPosted by EvilSJW
Most of your issues with the game can really be narrowed down to "im a casual player and i miss casual overwatch" and while i agree with you on that, i doubt its a worthy enough reason to be dramatic and make a post about leaving overwatch forever imo
I did play comp a lot. I didn’t always play casually. My love for a competitive game is one of the reasons I quit. This competitive is too much and I can’t deal with it. That’s just a small role. When stacked together it becomes one big issue.
Don’t get me wrong. I’ll play a couple games a week or so. I’m not throwing the game away. I’m just taking a large margin of OW out of my life. To me, it’s not enjoyable enough.
I really like the game but my reason i maybe stop playing it in the future, is the horrible aimsystem Overwatch have. I played Monster Hunter the last 3 weeks and came back to Overwatch and the first thing i reconized again, is how !@#$ the aimsystem is. I play shooters since forever and never played a game where it is so hard to aim. Aim assist/window e.t.c are so broken since release on console and it dont looks like they care about it anymore. Maybe my reason to stop playing it.
02/20/2018 05:50 AMPosted by Jinx
02/20/2018 05:41 AMPosted by EvilSJW
I did play comp a lot. I didn’t always play casually. My love for a competitive game is one of the reasons I quit. This competitive is too much and I can’t deal with it. That’s just a small role. When stacked together it becomes one big issue.

i dont think playing qp =/= playing casually. Like i meant that u miss the game being easy to pick up and play without needing to be a hardcore gamer pro. Like mercys rez didnt feel op when i first played overwatch, it only started to feel op when i played around extremely competitive people, because they abused this ability rather than having fun with it. Thats why overwatch has a divide between casual players and competative players, and they focus on competative more

look at all new heroes they added, they are all high skill ceiling and really hard to pick up if youre a casual gamer.

mean while the opposite of this is a hero you can have fun with and also do go with in your 1st-3rd match playing them (Like lucio, junkrat, rein for me)

so i feel what you're saying is you miss more of this "for fun" overwatch rather than "i only play this game to rank up in comp"
You be you but thinking OWL has any tie in to the balancing of the game is a weird complaint. In what way would a game designer have anything to do with OWL?