Overwatch has over 30million players!

General Discussion
but can't allow for more than 5 arcade modes because wait times would be too long
30 mil registered players, not neccessarily concurrent players. Have plenty of friends who own the game and haven’t touched it since last spring. I haven’t even played since summer games because of 2 certain characters.
02/13/2018 03:18 PMPosted by EdgiestName
30 mil registered players, not neccessarily concurrent players. Have plenty of friends who own the game and haven’t touched it since last spring. I haven’t even played since summer games because of 2 certain characters.
I haven't played in almost 4 months, possibly because of one of those characters you are referring to.

I could be wrong about that though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
30 million across all platforms, so pc xbox one and ps4, and that number includes inactive accounts, and all across the world
It's because the regular modes in the arcade (not counting CTF) are bad, for multiple reasons. People play them until they get their 9 wins and then go back to the main game.

However, if something like, oh I don't know, Uprising was in there year round, there would be more activity in arcade.
02/13/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Rivini

However, if something like, oh I don't know, Uprising was in there year round, there would be more activity in arcade.

People would get bored of Uprising after a time. There is only so many times you can repeat the same stage before it gets boring. Needs a campaign of some sort with multiple maps and variations to swap between.
02/13/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Elyssa
02/13/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Rivini

People would get bored of Uprising after a time. There is only so many times you can repeat the same stage before it gets boring. Needs a campaign of some sort with multiple maps and variations to swap between.

I get tired and bored of the other modes. I played Uprising and Junkenstein's Revenge to death when they were available, plus my friends also enjoy the PvE modes more than any of the PvP.

Not everyone is the same.
So assuming all 30 million are playing at the same time (They aren't) and the numbers are split across all three versions and regions evenly (They aren't) you'd get:

10 Million on Each Platform.
3 Million for each region on each Platform.

And that's assuming none of them are at work, stopped playing, sleeping, playing another game, spending time with family, etc. etc.

Basically, 5 is plenty.
02/13/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Titanium
02/13/2018 03:18 PMPosted by EdgiestName
I haven't played in almost 4 months, possibly because of one of those characters you are referring to.

I could be wrong about that though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey, good to see you Titanium.

Back on topic,

I don’t think 30 million play. I know for a fact that a lot of those people haven’t played in a long time.