Symmetra in Capture the Flag

General Discussion
Symmetra needs a nerf in capture the flag. She can set up her turrets and nobody but winston can take the flag. Winston however, is fat and slow and cannot use his rocket jump ability so he isn't very viable for flag carrying.

I propose that maybe symmetra should only has 3 or 4 turrets in capture the flag simply because of the style where you must quickly get in and out you don't have enough time to plan for the turrets. The turrets also slow you down when they lock on for some reason. Not quite sure why that is but the point is it's really annoying to have to play against symmetra in ctf.

Please nerf sym. She's fine everywhere else play ctf plays way too much into her strengths.
CTF is ok, but they need to do something about turrets in that mode, for sure. I had fun for a few games, but don't see myself playing any more. IMO
It takes a single Winston maybe two seconds to destroy all the turrets. A single flanker can destroy them all from outside of their range. The turret cooldown is 10 seconds each.

How is this a problem?

Turrets can't even interrupt flag pickup anymore
02/13/2018 10:04 PMPosted by CoGLucifer
It takes a single Winston maybe two seconds to destroy all the turrets. A single flanker can destroy them all from outside of their range. The turret cooldown is 10 seconds each.

How is this a problem?

Turrets can't even interrupt flag pickup anymore

because of how obese winston is, the chances of him getting near the flag are slim because of how easy he is to shoot. in addition, he's slow and can't use his jump pack to carry the flag. winston is not very viable..
Wow you can instantly pick up the flag this time and you still complaining about the character.
Considering Symm is trash tier to a point of unplayable in normal comp - i say leave it be and let her shine for a seasonal event.

Also, she pretty much sucks in sudden death.
02/13/2018 10:08 PMPosted by GreenMatius
Considering Symm is trash tier to a point of unplayable in normal comp - i say leave it be and let her shine for a seasonal event.

you're saying that because sym is "trash" everywhere else that she should be a perma-pick in ctf? no offense but that's kinda stupid.
02/13/2018 10:07 PMPosted by Syirine
Wow you can instantly pick up the flag this time and you still complaining about the character.

... uh... yeah...?
i don't see what point you're trying to make... winston's weaknesses in ctf out way his one good trait (killing sym turrets)
02/13/2018 10:09 PMPosted by HiddenGolden

you're saying that because sym is "trash" everywhere else that she should be a perma-pick in ctf? no offense but that's kinda stupid.

I do not see why she is a perma pick... i think torb is more op. Symm is just a tickle effect.
02/13/2018 10:11 PMPosted by GreenMatius

I do not see why she is a perma pick... i think torb is more op. Symm is just a tickle effect.

how is she a tickle?!?!?!?!?
her 6 turrets combined not only slow you way down for no reason, but also deal insane amount of damage!?!?! dude!?!?!?!
You can EMP with Sombra to disable the turrets so that your team can take the flag and run out of the enemy team's base like giddy schoolchildren who TP'd their principal's house during Halloween.
Sym sentries only have one health each and there's countless ways to counter them. Winston, Pharah with her splash damage, using a Zarya bubble to not only charge yourself but get in to destroy them, Lucio's boop, Ana's nade, D.Va's infinite ammo and large spread, throwing a shield or trap down first so they'll target those while you take them out, punching them... I've even played games as Mercy where I could go in and take our three of them in one punch. I also believe that Torb's turret will automatically target them so you could just throw a turret down and it will kill even ones you can't see immediately.

They're extremely weak unless you walk directly into all of them at once. And, in capture the flag, it's usually a lot easier to take them out since they tend to be on the flag in the open.

My best suggestion would have a tank and a healer go in together to clean them out before you try to grab the flag.
Symmetra does not need a nerf. Lucio needed one cause he was using his wall ride speed to get the flag while everyone else could not use speed abilities and he was the only one that could. That wasn't fair.

Symmetra is finally "meta" in a game mode and now people are calling for nerfs lmao... wow.
02/13/2018 10:48 PMPosted by CucoMonster
Symmetra does not need a nerf. Lucio needed one cause he was using his wall ride speed to get the flag while everyone else could not use speed abilities and he was the only one that could. That wasn't fair.

Symmetra is finally "meta" in a game mode and now people are calling for nerfs lmao... wow.

Only the weak complain. The strong overcome.
This is pointless. I play both Winston and Sym. I use Sym for defense and Winston for tanking and flag carrier.

Is all reall comes down to creativity and control for both characters. If a sym is giving you a hard time then well you fell into her mind game trap.
Of a Winston doesn't give a second thought about his movements where to aim and what to focus he's just a walking ball of flubber ready for anyone to be taken out.

Combine both aspects and you should be able to sweep Sym's turrents from under her. Winston's shield is strong enough to keep the senteies at bay while you destroy the sentries and his jump can be used to avoid the sentries. A decebt sym will group their sentries thusly wasting them against an aware Winston. A good Sym will scatter and spread her sentries using creative hiding places to maximise dps and avoid easy destruction.

If anything use an aoe type hero to spam the zone to get a good chance at clearing these turrents before diving in of course.
Its called, and hear me out here, working with your team. I realize that can be hard, but that is how you make capturing trivial. (Lucio + Orisa makes turrets, and junk traps a non issue)
Very few people know how to properly play CTF. If Symmetra is your problem, pick Winston and move as a team. This is incredibly hard to do in this mode though, as it seems no one uses a mic.

How dare Blizz make a game mode that has a different meta than quickplay/comp so that different characters can be picked and appreciated for their skill set!! I mean it is like they did it on purpose or something!!!!
I kinda have to agree, I don't she needs a specific ctf nerf, the issue I have is both her and Torb are an incredibly strong combo in ctf and lead to boring matches a solution that'd be great is only allowing one builder on your team in ctf so people would have to choose which one they think would better fit the situation
Maybe Winston should not be trying to get the flag alone....?