Sombra and Mei buffs add needed counter play to D.va

General Discussion
Which is a good thing in my opinion look I love D.va I nearly have 100 hours on her but there is no denying her dominance right It's not because she's OP it's because she doesn't have really any viable counters besides maybe Roadhog.

D.va might actually have a viable counter in the meta the horror. This is needed D.va has had a +80% pickrate for a reason not because they're op but because most counters aren't exactly viable Sombra's and Mei's buffs are straight up hard counters to D.va which is pretty much needed.
Sombra for sure, but I'm not sure the Mei buffs are going to do much, it's a much less significant buff.

The only thing it does is make the slow time, not the freeze time, last a bit longer. D.Va doesn't tend to dip behind corners without her boosters, she's either all-in or totally gone in a fight with a Mei who's in primary fire range. This buff only really affects people who are trying to dip out of sight to get away from her, which after 60 hours on Mei I can safely say isn't one of your primary concerns. Even for DPS and squishies I see far more ability usage to gain distance than juking her out. Really I can only MAYBE see it being useful for chasing down Genjis who didn't dash far enough away.

Yes, there's the ammo count buff for Mei as well, which might help very slightly in her pick rate, but that won't really affect the outcome of a fight with D.Va in the first place so it's rather a moot point.
Mei at distance will be better against dva with more shots, freeze she should live long enough to thaw and boost away, with more than just mei though she will get ripped apart though. Sombra is going to be a nightmare in general against most heroes
02/14/2018 08:20 PMPosted by FrostAdept
Sombra for sure, but I'm not sure the Mei buffs are going to do much, it's a much less significant buff.

The only thing it does is make the slow time, not the freeze time, last a bit longer. D.Va doesn't tend to dip behind corners without her boosters, she's either all-in or totally gone in a fight with a Mei who's in primary fire range. This buff only really affects people who are trying to dip out of sight to get away from her, which after 60 hours on Mei I can safely say isn't one of your primary concerns. Even for DPS and squishies I see far more ability usage to gain distance than juking her out. Really I can only MAYBE see it being useful for chasing down Genjis who didn't dash far enough away.

Yes, there's the ammo count buff for Mei as well, which might help very slightly in her pick rate, but that won't really affect the outcome of a fight with D.Va in the first place so it's rather a moot point.

I agree with you on Mei I think she could use some more buffs nothing to big but she needs a buff to her Ultimate
02/14/2018 08:20 PMPosted by FrostAdept

This is basically the biggest issue. Mei buffs are small because any Mei buff affects inmobile/big hitbox heroes harder that they affect the hypermobile heroes she is supposed to counter. And in the end its not what she needs, generic buffs to make her fulfill her mobility counter role will just eventually make her OP against inmobile heroes.