That moment when...

General Discussion
I hate it more when we have 5 DPS and 1 healer, so I switch off DPS to healer and the original healer goes DPS or Road.

Bro...
02/15/2018 05:46 AMPosted by Skrimiche
I hate it more when we have 5 DPS and 1 healer, so I switch off DPS to healer and the original healer goes DPS or Road.

Bro...

This tbh.
probably becuase you run around with moira mindlessly chasing people and not healing :)
02/15/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Ninniq
probably becuase you run around with moira mindlessly chasing people and not healing :)

I get around average 6.5 k healing and damage respectivly so lol.
02/15/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Ninniq

it's almost as if.. if you really wanted a healer and this is the case... you could pick it yourself
Can we get a Tank?

Sure!

Beep Boop Beep
That's why I play support and don't give a !@#$ about the match. I heal and that's all, if I win ok, if not ok.
And I feel so much better, I talk with the other team , joke, be friendly.. A lot more fun when I dont care about winning and SR. I even give tips to the other team when they perform very poorly.

Zero madness and only joy!
02/15/2018 06:18 AMPosted by Musicxmp3
Can we get a Tank?

Sure!

Beep Boop Beep

I have a friend I queue with who does this. I laugh, but end up crying because typically I'm on Ana and it takes five years to earn ult off of DPS.
In response to the replies on this thread: support players get abused way too much, honestly.
02/15/2018 05:00 AMPosted by GoldenPants
You ask one of the 5 dps to switch to switch to healer or tank but then they reply "do it yourself" when you are a support... What.

Ugh been there. I hate that. I often make a compromise. You have to understand they are like the children and we are like the parents. You tell a child not to do something, most often they will do the opposite. So you have to either trick them or come up with a compromise.

Option 1: Trick them!

I often say, hey could you go D.va, Winston or Roadhog so you are still able to output the damage, but play a role that we really need to complete the comp.

Or I ask super kindly and don't make them feel pressured to switch, and make them think they have a choice, and they always fall for it.

Option 2: Compromise

If they dont want to heal, that is understandble. It really is not the most fun job in the game to some people. I will often say, "hey I am okay solo healing, as long as you tank. You won't be able to give me the protection I need without a tank." and often times they will go tank.
02/15/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Wraith
02/15/2018 05:00 AMPosted by GoldenPants
You ask one of the 5 dps to switch to switch to healer or tank but then they reply "do it yourself" when you are a support... What.

Ugh been there. I hate that. I often make a compromise. You have to understand they are like the children and we are like the parents. You tell a child not to do something, most often they will do the opposite. So you have to either trick them or come up with a compromise.

Option 1: Trick them!

I often say, hey could you go D.va, Winston or Roadhog so you are still able to output the damage, but play a role that we really need to complete the comp.

Or I ask super kindly and don't make them feel pressured to switch, and make them think they have a choice, and they always fall for it.

Option 2: Compromise

If they dont want to heal, that is understandble. It really is not the most fun job in the game to some people. I will often say, "hey I am okay solo healing, as long as you tank. You won't be able to give me the protection I need without a tank." and often times they will go tank.

I will try this, thanks.
02/15/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Amel
In response to the replies on this thread: support players get abused way too much, honestly.

to be fair, dps also catches a lot of grief in game. (I think I've seen toxicity against tanks enough to count on two hands-- it's usually just the ones who don't push.)

all in all, we should try not to blame so much-- but it's hard to be positive when you've got 5 highly mobile targets darting around out of range asking for heals.
That's when say Quickplay is dumb, and go play Comp.
Healers just need to be quiet and heal and stop complaining about 5 dps!
How about when you pick a healer like moira or lucio, and no one else picks a second healer. You ask for one and no one bothers. So you change to mercy cuz it's a bit more consistent and another guy switches to the healer you had in the first place-_-
02/15/2018 08:28 AMPosted by bls

Sure, if the 5 dps could also hit anything for once. XDDDDDDDD
02/15/2018 09:44 AMPosted by GoldenPants
02/15/2018 08:28 AMPosted by bls

Sure, if the 5 dps could also hit anything for once. XDDDDDDDD

Hahahaha yes so true.

That awkward moment when I glanced at my stats and I had Silver Elims as Mercy.......with 5 dps.

OMG, kept quiet and typed "Guys, let's go win this game!!!!"
02/15/2018 05:11 AMPosted by Amelissan
5 dps mains once said to me "Mercy you have to heal more because we only have 1 healer"

What the hell...
Happens to me all the time. I just sigh at the end of the game when I usually get a card from healing ~40% of the team damage. :/