SR gain unfair

Competitive Discussion
Why do you gain more sr for playing dps. At least that’s what I’ve gathered.
Nobody reply it doesn’t say nerf genji
Because this game is called DPSWatch in secret. :c
I used to gain like 30+ SR as a tank/healer each win. Now I only gain like 23-25 SR each win. I don't know why.
you gathered wrong. do you think blizzard wouldnt notice ifa particular class was gainig more sr after 1.5 years? And if it was the case the community would figure it out as well.
02/16/2018 09:01 PMPosted by aflyguy
you gathered wrong. do you think blizzard wouldnt notice ifa particular class was gainig more sr after 1.5 years? And if it was the case the community would figure it out as well.

Tanks are getting screwed by Pbsr. Was an interview with a pro tank player on this topic. But as he's over diamond he's alright Jack now.
02/16/2018 08:03 PMPosted by iamhappyso

Don't believe everything you read on the forums.

Performance based SR with absolutely no explanation on what kind of performance the system wants in general.
02/16/2018 09:01 PMPosted by aflyguy

cant tell if you are actually trolling or not. because we did notice, it was brought up at the beginning of season 1 when pro team did placements and healer was way behind. then season two they said ok ok we fixed it. then season three they said oh that fix didn't work we got it now... and it still has not been fully fixed. because it is a bad system

edit:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748606456?page=16#post-308
there found that for ya to read some of blizzards, its hard to actually find stuff on these forums from previous seasons, i wager to try to bury and hide some of the mistakes.
02/16/2018 09:20 PMPosted by Paul

Performance based SR with absolutely no explanation on what kind of performance the system wants in general.

Why is it that people are so ignorant and prefer to not look up public information? DPS does not get more SR for a win, it's PBSR so it depends on the hero you pick and whether you perform above average at your current rank with said hero.
02/16/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Hun

Why is it that people are so ignorant and prefer to not look up public information? DPS does not get more SR for a win, it's PBSR so it depends on the hero you pick and whether you perform above average at your current rank with said hero.

Actually there's very little public information concerning PBSR. And this causes all kinds of speculation, much more harmful than if it actually were an open system that people were intentionally gaming.
02/16/2018 10:02 PMPosted by Hun

The public information is vague at best, and convoluted at worst in terms of explanation on how it works.
I spent a good amount of time tracking SR gain and loss in Season 7 and I noticed when Mercy was nerfed after her peak, I would gain less SR for wins and lose more SR for losses. I think that the pre-nerf stats set such a high bar that anything post-nerf would imply that my performance was sub-par relative to old Mercy. It made me start playing other heroes instead of her, despite the fact that I think Mercy is still the best healer in the game today.
I've been gaining fine as Orisa. Remember performance under diamond rank is based on your skills vs other players using the same hero.

This is where players need to face the unfortunate truth that whilst they won a match, they may have been carried...
Because it is harder to measure healer performance than dps performance and Blizz chooses to err on the conservative side.

Not always, though, rez was rewarded too heavily for a while. Problem is that every solution to the problem would be exploitable. Like a system where you compare Mercy deaths with teammate deaths would make people play her cowardly.
I've gained 4 SR as Winston and 4 SR as mercy, it's garbage
Below 3k SR personal performance is important tanks cannot perform well without good healers, healers cannot perform well without good tanks, dps can get by with mediocre tanks and supports as long as they get some heals and the tanks create some space it's enough to do your job it's easier to do a good job on dps than tank or healer because they require less of their teammates, in solo queue this makes a world of difference since the competence of your team is random.

If you are good at all roles equally pick whatever is lacking on your team is the best way to climb if you can't pick dps you don't gain more SR but you gain it more consistently because it's the role that requires the least amount of cooperation.
02/16/2018 10:49 PMPosted by HornOfPlenty

Actually there's very little public information concerning PBSR. And this causes all kinds of speculation, much more harmful than if it actually were an open system that people were intentionally gaming.

PBSR = performance based skill rating. This performance is based on the heroes you pick and how well you played those heroes at your current ranked compared to the average.

If you play better than the average player with said hero you gain more SR. It doesn't matter what the selected stats are for the heroes you selected because everyone is playing under the same parameter.

It's very simple logic to understand, so don't blame the system for your lack of skill. PBSR is literally your best friend if you're an above average player. If you're not, then it's going to be hell for you.
02/17/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Hun
02/16/2018 10:49 PMPosted by HornOfPlenty

PBSR = performance based skill rating. This performance is based on the heroes you pick and how well you played those heroes at your current ranked compared to the average.

If you play better than the average player with said hero you gain more SR. It doesn't matter what the selected stats are for the heroes you selected because everyone is playing under the same parameter.

It's very simple logic to understand, so don't blame the system for your lack of skill. PBSR is literally your best friend if you're an above average player. If you're not, then it's going to be hell for you.

You gain more if you win and obviously if you're losing your PBSR is not going to favor you.

Because you are likely better at DPS and are having more of an impact on them. You are also maining Lucio at an Elo where players don't understand how powerful his speed aura is.