SR gain unfair

Competitive Discussion
Wow, I actually had to think to remember performance based SR still exists.
So used to nonperformance based SR by now. They should just remove it for lower ranks too. It's not like there aren't other ways to recognzie and boost smurfs. If someone stomps 7 or 8 out of 10 games with insane stats just give them like 100 SR or so. Problem solved.
02/17/2018 01:53 PMPosted by VenteNegra
So used to nonperformance based SR by now. They should just remove it for lower ranks too. It's not like there aren't other ways to recognzie and boost smurfs. If someone stomps 7 or 8 out of 10 games with insane stats just give them like 100 SR or so. Problem solved.

This is why I think CSGO's ranking system is better because it bases it on how many rounds you've won and K/D/A doesn't exactly do much other than serve as a bonus (not even significant). In DotA2, though I'm not sure if there's been any changes to how calibration/placement matches work in giving someone their rank (because I haven't played that game in years), but it gave flat SR gains and losses. Yes, you still get people who refuse to play support, but still, atleast the system doesn't mess them over and just tells them "Just try to win, I don't care if you go 0/16/4" and despite that one can get boosted... it takes a long !@# time to get that person to his/her desired rank anyways.

A flat SR gain and loss in Overwatch honestly works because, mechanically, this game caters to casuals first and competitive/pros maybe dead-last. It'd fit here...
02/17/2018 01:53 PMPosted by VenteNegra

Trust me in low ranks you want it.. I had an account for example that was in plat a few seasons back.. I then used it to play when I was drinking and chilling. I dropped to low silver on it.. When I was sober and decieded I wanted to rank back up I destroyed down there, and due to performance based SR I was out of silver/gold/low plat really qucik becuase of it. If you had malicious people that just wanted to have fun at other expense with no performance SR they'd have a field day down there. Perfomance based SR does have its place even though it may seem like its agaisnt you.. besides unless your smurfing down there or have someone who really knows how to exploit it (even then if they do why are they still silver/gold), it doesn't make a huge difference with people who belong in said rank.. put it this way if your a gold player performance based SR isn't going to make or break ya. Your solution wont work as good.
It's easier to get trash stats with dps. Because you don't have a specific job and doing damage is a pretty easy thing to do. Also most dps are more inline with traditional fps ideas so people are more accustomed to playing soldier based off of past experience then rein or winston.
02/17/2018 07:57 PMPosted by TurningDrop
It's easier to get trash stats with dps. Because you don't have a specific job and doing damage is a pretty easy thing to do. Also most dps are more inline with traditional fps ideas so people are more accustomed to playing soldier based off of past experience then rein or winston.

It doesn't work that way. It's easy to get good stats and rank up in lower teirs if you're a good DPS. Thats why good DPS players aren't bronze/silver/gold. Its easy to do damage by spraying and praying, but you're not going to get anywhere unless you actually make a big impact. Which is why you have DPS players blaming the world but are still stuck in low elo.. and suprise it's not due to performance based SR or their teamates.. its them.
02/17/2018 08:02 PMPosted by denouement
02/17/2018 07:57 PMPosted by TurningDrop

It doesn't work that way. It's easy to get good stats and rank up in lower teirs if you're a good DPS. Thats why good DPS players aren't bronze/silver/gold. Its easy to do damage by spraying and praying, but you're not going to get anywhere unless you actually make a big impact. Which is why you have DPS players blaming the world but are still stuck in low elo.. and suprise it's not due to performance based SR or their teamates.. its them.
So your saying good players aren't bad thanks for this information. If someone is in low elo they are just bad no other way around it.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

So your saying good players aren't bad thanks for this information. If someone is in low elo they are just bad no other way around it.

not saying that.. there are good players who lack in another department for instance, they may be good at aiming but bad at positioning/ may be good at positioning and game sense but lack in aiming.. etc.. not everyone in low elo is bad, they are just lacking one thing or another getting them out.. and once they find that, they'll get out.. thats just it... it just means there is something to work on.. i'm a high plat/diamond player.. i suck as well, thats becuase I lack in certain aspects in the game as well. Once you realize that, you can grow and improve. End of the day a decent well rounded player is not stuck in low elo...
02/16/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Kaawumba
02/16/2018 08:03 PMPosted by iamhappyso
Why do you gain more sr for playing dps. At least that’s what I’ve gathered.

Don't believe everything you read on the forums.

Didn’t read it on the forums. It’s what I’ve seen from my own gameplay. I won more games than my cousin, but he played dps and had about 100 more sr than me.
Not in my experience. I went 2-1 with Rein yesterday and gained 45 SR (-19, +30, +36). Not sure what I'm doing right, but my guess is PBSR wants to see Rein frag out- I had gold elims and hero damage the game I gained 36 SR. Pretty much as soon as your team has numbers advantage you're going to want to charge an enemy tank- usually a D.va or a Rein is the best choice, Orisa if you know her Fortify is down, Zarya if her bubble is down. Charging Hog might be problematic if the Hog is competent.
Performance based SR was removed. Your SR is now calculated purely through if you win or lose.
Skye, it was removed for diamond and above- that means that if you are below 3000 SR PBSR is still applied to your games.