Make SR Mean Something

Competitive Discussion
Please. It's the only representation we, as your fans and customers, have to represent our "Skill".

"Skill Rating".

At any given SR there is a HUGE range of actual skill. Anyone will more then 50 hours in the game can see it. People automatically assume smurfs or throwers, but it's not. It's just the natural fallout from a hidden MMR being used to group us instead of simply relying on our visible SR.

This is to make money. This is to make sure casuals get a carry and hardcore players carry. It's obvious to people who play a lot of games. It's just what happens when someone's MMR gets too high in the current system. Loss streaks are real.

When can we do away with the hidden MMR? Can't we get a separate 'boring' SR-only queue where there are no hidden metrics, a scoreboard and a majority of serious competitive minded players? Keep current competitive mode as a 'unranked' competitive mode and let gold gun farmers play there instead.
Dropped to 1912 as of this post due to yet another thrower. What's the point of comp when the SR rollercoaster is broken BS

There is NO skill tied to this mode when it's all dumb blind luck you get a team of people who actually want to play. This game is increasingly less fun each BS match up I have to waste my time playing.
Yep, I agree
02/16/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Bridge4
Can't we get a separate 'boring' SR-only queue where there are no hidden metrics, a scoreboard and a majority of serious competitive minded players?

Sounds great!
02/16/2018 10:52 PMPosted by HornOfPlenty
02/16/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Bridge4
Can't we get a separate 'boring' SR-only queue where there are no hidden metrics, a scoreboard and a majority of serious competitive minded players?

Sounds great!

I mean, it's almost a tragedy that this doesn't exist in a game that wants to become an eSport. The current state of competitive makes anything serious seem unobtainable. The streaky nature of matchmaker and the enormous range of skill at any particular SR makes it clear that we're not getting fair matches. Make matches based on SR alone. Skill will sort itself out and SR will actually mean something.