A + D Crouch Spam

General Discussion
Do you guys think that it's fair or belongs in a game like Overwatch?

I basically want to hear your thoughts and feelings of how it feels to fight someone using A +D crouch spam, and how it feels in a game like Overwatch.
Its annoying but its fine in my opinion.
I see no issue whatsoever with it.
I didn't even realize there were people who saw it as a problem.
They're going to get stiff knees, that's for sure. Geez, Soldier may be on his 5th knee replacement if he's been doing that since he enlisted.

But as far as being a thing in Overwatch, it's a common fps mechanic, I really don't see a reason to take it out.
02/17/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Shepling
I see no issue whatsoever with it.
I didn't even realize there were people who saw it as a problem.

When I first started playing OW, it felt like a problem to me, because of how annoying and different it was from other games like tf2.

Over time, I feel like it's not an issue, but it just kinda annoys me. :P
I dont think it has a place, there have been other fps that have done away with it post release, battlefield i think?
It's a cheap way to try to counter certain heroes such as Widowmaker. But it's more of a gimmick than anything and doesn't make up for bad positioning or tactics.

Besides, crouch spamming was far worse before they put a throttle on it.
02/17/2018 05:07 PMPosted by Zefiris
It's a cheap way to try to counter certain heroes such as Widowmaker. But it's more of a gimmick than anything and doesn't make up for bad positioning or tactics.

Besides, crouch spamming was far worse before they put a throttle on it.

I remember people would bind crouch to their scroll and just bounce around the whole place. It was funny but extremely annoying, so I'm glad they put that limit on crouch spamming.
I think it should be removed it doesn't look natural and it's almost an RNG element when the person uses it they don't know if they're gonna survive they're just trusting they'll crouch spam doege their shot somehow.

It also promotes the use of aoe damage heroes like pharah and junkrat.
It's fair. It's a way to confuse your opponent
It's only annoying when baby dva does it......that bish.....

Seriously though, it doesn't bother me and I do it while I'm playing.
It's annoying but fine. There are far more annoying combinations with A+D, like alternating A+D randomly (ie. ADDADAADAADD) and rotating your camera.
If strafing wasnt as instant as is now, hitscan heroes would need huge nerfs, most notable being widowmaker.
Sniping is extremely easy in call of duty due to movement acceleration..
It’s hilarious to watch when you start aiming for a crouched head. Because a missed head is still a body shot.
lol they already nerfed crouch, so according to OW team it was unfair. They say it breaks hitbox.
02/17/2018 05:04 PMPosted by PoshDiggory
I dont think it has a place, there have been other fps that have done away with it post release, battlefield i think?

Battlefield didn't do away with it, they made a movement update first tested on the BF CTE to minimize its effect which was a welcomed patch by the majority of our player base.
How dare people use their keyboards to avoid taking damage!
If you are spraying at their body with soldier it means free headshots...
02/19/2018 07:21 AMPosted by trintrin
How dare people use their keyboards to avoid taking damage!

Pretty much exactly this actual thing.
i dont think its too bad..

ppl complain about adad spam.. when you ever played a real shooter you know that the worst thing is dropshot and we can really be happy that there isnt any dropshot mechanic in ow.