Can we nerf Moira already?

General Discussion
02/18/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Luca
02/18/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Foxxer544
You have a whole 1 hour of game time, and clearly didn't spend that hour learning anything.

Alt account.

Even if I only had 1 hour in the game it wouldn't invalidate my statement that Moira is overtuned while Mercy and Ana are balanced.

It'd just be embarrassing for you that a person with only 1 hour in the game understands more about the state of support balance than you.

And nobody believes you're on an alt account, and you clearly don't know anything about the state of support if you can't kill Moira as Zen as well.
02/18/2018 08:45 AMPosted by Luca
02/18/2018 08:38 AMPosted by RichC
Well that's it guys, we can't have supports with no utility that actually defend themselves. Nope, can't have it. God forbid it, supports are just dps fodder for the team fight.

The issue isn't she can defend herself, the issue is that she's overtuned.

Mercy could never defend herself yet she was a must pick and got nerfed.

Moira simply needs to have her M1 spray toned down, her fade duration decreased from 0.8 seconds to 0.6 seconds but the speed increased by 25% to compensate and her ultimate changed from a constant passive regenerative ability to vampyrism like her M2.

None of these will directly affect her ability to defend herself, if anything her issue is the fact she can take a duel with whoever she wants, it's fine for a support to be able to defend themselves, but a support like Moira shouldn't have the freedom to just take a duel with whatever squishy hero she wants, it should be defence, a way to get people off her, not a way for her to get onto people.

She's not Overturned, you just feel like she is.
She is a fresh new kind of support that blizzard intended to roll out. It's a solid direction they want to take a support into. You compare her to other supports. Stop that, she was designed to be entirely different.

No, it's simply that Moira is too good, if she was on the level of Ana and Mercy (Which is balanced) this wouldn't be an issue, instead of powercreeping the game by buffing 2 supports into OP status because 1 already is, nerf the 1 down to a balanced level.

Question. Do you even PLAY Mercy or Ana to begin with? You saying Moira should be on the level of Ana and Mercy is saying that a trophy should be in the garbage can along with the rest of the others instead of all of them being on the same pedestal.

Fun won't be relevant, if they're played in OWL and are an A+ tier pick then it'll be obvious she's overtuned, nothing to do with fun, people in the OWL won't go "Oh, muh fun" and not pick a boring hero because they're boring.

Look at Mercy meta, every pro found her boring to play, yet they still did it because she was required for the win, if she ends up being picked as much as she's set to in the OWL then you won't be able to use the "People only pick her because she's fun to play and the others aren't" argument.

Actually FUN is relevant even with balancing in mind. Whats the point of making another hero if said hero is balanced but not fun at all? Just look at Mercy? Shes balanced in a way sure, but she is hella boring to play. Her pickrates dropped a lot if you look at overbuff; the higher the ranks, the lower she drops.

Just another bland healbot with nothing to add or unique to the game. They reworked D.va and Lucio because they were boring to play to something more fun and active.

The difference between Mercy and Moira is that one WAS a must pick and unless you had her, it was a win especially since Rez was on a 30s cd ability. Does Moira have rez? Nope, she doesnt even have much utility besides her healing and damage.
02/18/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Minerrow
02/18/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Luca
She will be nerfed, numbers show she's too strong right now, when a hero outperforms balanced heroes that should fill the same role that means one thing. She's broken.

But people are too used to playing with atleast one broken main healer constantly that they can't understand the level supports are balanced at and the level they're too strong at.

Ana was TOO strong

Mercy was TOO strong.

They're both BALANCED now, guess who is too strong.

They're the baseline for a balanced support, not Moira.

Is Moira enabling annoying meta? No.
Is Moira a must pick? No.

Moira enable quad/triple tank meta
02/18/2018 08:48 AMPosted by Foxxer544
02/18/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Luca

Alt account.

Even if I only had 1 hour in the game it wouldn't invalidate my statement that Moira is overtuned while Mercy and Ana are balanced.

It'd just be embarrassing for you that a person with only 1 hour in the game understands more about the state of support balance than you.

And nobody believes you're on an alt account, and you clearly don't know anything about the state of support if you can't kill Moira as Zen as well.

That's like me saying "You can't kill Bastion as Winston so you're obviously a noob"... It's just stupid.

Main console acc

xboxdvr.com/gamer/Hybrid M3T4/screenshot/6726123

Don't have a screenshot of my main PC account.
She will be nerfed, numbers show she's too strong right now, when a hero outperforms balanced heroes that should fill the same role that means one thing. She's broken.

But people are too used to playing with atleast one broken main healer constantly that they can't understand the level supports are balanced at and the level they're too strong at.

Ana was TOO strong

Mercy was TOO strong.

LvL10 talking about balance.... hm... that doesn't feel right...

Before you point out*
If this is not your "primary" account, why are you using this one?
02/18/2018 09:00 AMPosted by andrezovisk
If this is not your "primary" account, why are you using this one?

Main account was suspended for calling someone a "delusional prick" after they bumped a thread for almost an hour straight simply saying "#RevertMercy" and arguing for her revert.
i see what you did there OP you baited all those genji \ tracer mains into this thread so you could put them on ignore to keep your forum clean ? what a smart idea !! :3
Oh hi, META.
02/18/2018 08:45 AMPosted by TheMelon
02/18/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Luca
She's edging on it, I feel like once the OWL's second stage starts and people have a true meta to follow (Which will most likely be 4 tanks or 3 tank Junkrat) she'll see an ever higher pickrate.

02/18/2018 08:39 AMPosted by AkiraHim
time to make lucio main healer again if you nerf moira

And when his pickrate picks up you'll see an influx of "Lucio is OP" posts, before his eventual devastating nerf
Nah ,I feel like lucio and zen are the supports nobody complains about, besides the occasional ''buff lucio'' thread every now and then.

(Maybe a ''I can't hit lucio'' thread too, but I've only ever seen one)

Ana was TOO strong

Mercy was TOO strong.

And let's look at those 'balanced' heroes shall we?

Ana is in a bad spot, Mercy while viable, she is unfun as hell to play, Lucio/Zen are decent.

Maybe instead of nerfing every god damn healer cause of this false notion that they're 'OP', how about we buff all the other healers up to or near Moira's level?
02/18/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Alhaitham
Nah ,I feel like lucio and zen are the supports nobody complains about, besides the occasional ''buff lucio'' thread every now and then.

This is probably because they feel fair.

Lucio doesn't have a kit that lets him defend himself against whoever dives on him and let him dive on whoever he wants to dive at any given time while also having an inherent advantage after diving them.

I'm all for a support defending themselves, but why should that support also be able to dive ontop of whoever they want to, they're supposed to be good at not being jumped themselves, not jumping on others.

Take Winston for example, he's great at diving on enemies, but when he gets jumped by the enemy Roadhog or forced into a duel with Reaper, he dies. Moira is great at duelling enemies who jump her AND good at jumping enemies for whatever reason, while also being the strongest healer in the game.
02/18/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Clonedpickle
Maybe instead of nerfing every god damn healer cause of this false notion that they're 'OP', how about we buff all the other healers up to or near Moira's level?

Because it isn't a false notion.

Buffing all the healers up to Moira's level would be terrible.

Instead of having 3 balanced supports by nerfing her we'd have 3 OP supports and due to the support powercreep Zenyatta and Lucio would be left in the dirt while we endure a 3 main healer meta which would probably be 3 tank, 3 healer all over again. Then if you buff Zenyatta and Lucio you get the issue of 5 OP supports rather than 5 balanced supports. Effectively turning this game into Supportwatch. But I guess you would love that.