Ana needs to not be awful in leagues under GM

General Discussion
As the title states, Ana should not be designed so awful for the lower leagues.

If Tracer or McCree is viable in Gold, then Ana shouldn't be so sub-par in that league either.
she is still awful in gm
Basically this:

02/19/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Pulse
Probably 100% of the matches in GM where someone picks Ana

Somebody in the team asks if he can go Moira

Tldr: still bad in GM

And tracer is terrible in gold, infact tracer is statistically bad until Masters

The rundown:

Tracer dominates GM. Ana suffers from dive (and the likes of Tracer). Moria counters Tracer. Pulse wants Moira nerfed.

----

I don't get it. People want high-skill heros but demand that they require low skill to play?

I can understand consoles since aiming is hard, but no. QoL changes I can get behind, but not making her easier just so you don't have to put in the extra time to learn and master her.

02/19/2018 12:30 PMPosted by SPGG
she is still awful in gm

Tracer and Dive still dominate GM. That's why, despite quad-tank meta speculation which I have yet to see. Probably because Junk farms off quad tank, and thus if Junk gets nerfed we'd see it everywhere as Reaper and Bastion are too niche since they are fragile.

But Tracer having the least counters of any hero that I've seen in this game, and Genji synergizing with her, is what keeps Ana down. Plus Dva and Winston are still used and so Ana's only defense is a sleepdart that may or may not connect with the enemy dive tank, and her only self-heal is a nade that heals for 100 which may or may not be eaten by DM.

Her offense capabilities don't surpass her fellow support's defense capabilities.

She has a sleepdart on a 12s cooldown, when Mercy had a 3 second escape card when she was used.

Zen is a dualist god if mastered, and Ana's scoping cannot compare to what he can do.

Lucio has mobility + a knockback.

Moria. Hybrid of Mercy and Zen. Gots the ecape and gots the damage (low, but enough to scare Genji and Tracer's to these here forums asking for nerfs).
she is still awful in gm

why awful?

she has a winrate of 52%, lucio has 52,4% in gm.

or are you talking about console?
02/19/2018 12:40 PMPosted by keeeyt
she is still awful in gm

why awful?

GM’s winrates should be around 54% Lucio and Ana are struggling there
Probably 100% of the matches in GM where someone picks Ana

Somebody in the team asks if he can go Moira

Tldr: still bad in GM

And tracer is terrible in gold, infact tracer is statistically bad until Masters
I actually have no problem with certain heroes being so hard that they are only effective in the highest ranks but those heroes better be dominating in those ranks as well.
02/19/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Dragon

If Tracer or McCree is viable in Gold, then Ana shouldn't be so sub-par in that league either.

yea.. that was exactly my fear when they announced anas nerfs.

all the nerfs hurt low elos a lot.

i do think the same about lucio. in season 1-2 i could pick lucio as solohealer when no one wanted to play support.
then they nerfed him because he was dominating pro play.
now you rarely can run lucio as solo healer anymore. also this nerf hurt ana.

his healing wasnt an issue in high elo games.. lucio was mostly picked for his great speed boost, lower elos dont really rely on speed boost.. sometimes ppl even would start screaming at you "wtf lucio your speed boost is messing my aim up".

i wish they wouldnt have nerfed his healing radius.
02/19/2018 12:42 PMPosted by ClaritySoul
02/19/2018 12:40 PMPosted by keeeyt

why awful?

GM’s winrates should be around 54% Lucio and Ana are struggling there

says who?

so you want zen to be nerfed?
02/19/2018 12:49 PMPosted by keeeyt
says who?

It's a well known fact Overbuff statistics are not the most reliable source
02/19/2018 12:42 PMPosted by ClaritySoul
... GM’s winrates should be around 54% Lucio and Ana are struggling there

says who?

That's the general ranking.

If you look across any rank, they have roughly the same average winrates.

That's because of how the MMR system works.

Bronze are suppose to lose to Silver, SIlver loses to Gold, etc all the way up till Masters are suppose to lose to GM.

That's why it's roughly 54% for GM. In bronze, it's like 45% so it doesn't add up since all bronze heros have a sub-50% winrate, which is why you have to factor in the other ranks.
02/19/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Dva
says who?

Neither is the Genji main/OT who comes here to complain about Moira. But in that case I'd take Overbuff over personal experiences any day of the week.
I don't get it. People want high-skill heros but demand that they require low skill to play?

The two aren't mutually exclusive. For your mains both Pharah and Junkrat are useable at low levels due to the splash mechanic making them usuable for noobs but don't improve them much for the top 0.5%
02/19/2018 12:57 PMPosted by Point

The two aren't mutually exclusive. For your mains both Pharah and Junkrat are useable at low levels due to the splash mechanic making them usuable for noobs but don't improve them much for the top 0.5%

They would be classified as low-skill then, not high skill.

Tracer is an example of high-skill, which is what makes her scary in higher ranks since she has no skill cap. Pharah and Junk do, which is why they are limited, plus the higher in elo they go the better their counters get.

But Ana is nowhere near those 2, and so asking that she gets lowered to become more accessible doesn't need to happen. Easier options exist and if you mechanically can't play Ana then you either practice to become better or you accept that you'll never be good with her.

I have the same feeling towards Widow, I suck with her but I try and get better but know that I might never be good with her. Thus I don't ask that she becomes easier to use.
I think the point of this post is to more or less say that even though Ana is a high skill character, there should be more of a reward for taking the risk (similar to Widowmaker, as someone pointed out).

Ana needs some major qol changes (and/or buffs) so she can be a primary healer again.

I hope that at some point (after the 100 buff Ana/look at Ana threads) we get some kind of response from the dev team.
02/19/2018 01:07 PMPosted by PharahHǝntoi
They would be classified as low-skill then, not high skill.

No it would be classified as higher skill floor without a lower skill ceiling. That's different.

Increasing Widowmaker's body damage by 5 damage doesn't make her easier for pros, it solely gives her a little more viability for the lower skilled player. She's still a high skilled hero.

Increasing the splash of Pharah's rockets to 15 yards makes Pharah a low skill hero while also buffing her for pros.
The point of the post is to say that Ana probably shouldn't have the highest skill floor in the entire game, but she does. She's so hard, she's ineffective even in GM.

Tracer, Genji, McCree, etc can all be good at Gold or Plat, Ana is not. Ana doesn't even start to get good until at GM level.

That's the problem.
02/19/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Dragon

Why?
02/19/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Dva
says who?

yeah, since they dont agree with what you say.
No. This would RUIN Ana. She is meant to be high skill floor. DEAL with it. Ana is viable in GM, btw. You just need to adapt.