New forums coming, are YOU trustworthy enough?

General Discussion
So the new forums are coming around tomorrow, and a big defining feature is the existence of trust levels. We don't know how exactly this works, but basically some posters will be deemed "more trustworthy" than others and be granted permissions such as attaching video files and images to threads.

Do you think you're trustworthy enough to warrant those permissions? I can only say that I think I'm trustworthy. None of my posts have ever been outright toxic or belittling. Maybe a tad sarcastic now and then, but I've never told outright lies - I've just stated my opinion on various topics

What do you think will be the case for you?
Well, I AM the President.
I can be a bit cynical, but not a bad person.
I try to help.
I mean, I don't send photo links very often on here as is. I dare say I'd be trustworthy in that department. Like, I'm just snarky 24/7 and nice when I feel like it's deserved. The worst I've been suspended/banned on here for is !@#$posts and my...sometimes obsessive amount of cussing.
MrTickles for Trusted 2018.
Yeah, the only times I've been suspended have been from having an unpopular political opinion and calling out someone for being stupid (not related to politics)

Edit: hit 2400 posts before the new forums come out!!
If it works based on number of likes/dislikes you get, it's gonna fail spectacularly.

You can already see how biased this forums can get sometimes, marking someone untrustworthy because they have a different opinion is a surefire way of ruining the new forums

But I'm guessing there's gonna be new staff to peruse around the forums to actually mark users with the privilege.
It's kind of one of those things if it happens, then awesome! But if it doesn't, then it will be nice to try and work towards it. Should be nice either way.
02/19/2018 10:45 PMPosted by Kyaw
If it works based on number of likes/dislikes you get, it's gonna fail spectacularly.

You can already see how biased this forums can get sometimes, marking someone untrustworthy because they have a different opinion is a surefire way of ruining the new forums

But I'm guessing there's gonna be new staff to peruse around the forums to actually mark users with the privilege.
Oh god that scares me
I would be deemed entirely untrustworthy just because I like the Mercy rework. let alone the fact that I'm also a Symmetra Main
I'd only use such powers to post Overwatch Related Content if i use it at all
then again if i have content that i want to show i'd probably just link it anyway

honestly i fear the potential of "playing Favorites" it's one of those things that should be given to everyone and then Taken away after they abuse it
i mean, I wouldn't trust me. This isn't even my real account!
I find this here so funny:
In line with our priority to minimize toxicity in Overwatch, players who are silenced or suspended in-game will not be able to post on the new forums.

Meaning all the banned one tricks that got mass reported for playing one single hero but never throwing and always giving their best, will no longer be able to create threads about their ban and will have to live with the standard ticket answer "umm ya we didn't look into it but the ban was justified goodbye".

Ridiculous.
NOONE who has been banned/suspended ingame has ever been toxic/flaming/trolling on the forums, unless pointing out getting auto banned for one tricking now is trolling the poor Blizzard staff.

And they are already starting to delete such threads:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761856606

This one was made by a player who got banned for playing Doomfist only and BAM the thread is no more.
Silencing their infallable auto-ban system, no more appeals as tickets will be answered with what I said above "carefully investigated your bans, all your reports were even before the match started or when the game was lost because you're a one trick, but still we say it's justified xP"
02/19/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Bard
In line with our priority to minimize toxicity in Overwatch, players who are silenced or suspended in-game will not be able to post on the new forums.

Meaning all the banned one tricks that got mass reported for playing one single hero but never throwing and always giving their best, will no longer be able to create threads about their ban and will have to live with the standard ticket answer "umm ya we didn't look into it but the ban was justified goodbye".

Ridiculous.
NOONE who has been banned/suspended ingame has ever been toxic/flaming/trolling on the forums, unless pointing out getting auto banned for one tricking now is trolling the poor Blizzard staff.

This one was made by a player who got banned for playing Doomfist only and BAM the thread is no more.
Silencing their infallable auto-ban system, no more appeals as tickets will be answered with what I said above "carefully investigated your bans, all your reports were even before the match started or when the game was lost because you're a one trick, but still we say it's justified xP"

Sounds like a lot of room for abuse...
/shrug I'm usually pretty good but I made a political joke about the president one time that got me banned for 3 days.
Really hit a nerve I guess.
Otherwise though.... I don't have like 6 thousand posts. I think I'm ok.
I might not be trustworthy, but I am the senate;)
02/19/2018 10:57 PMPosted by BigProf
/shrug I'm usually pretty good but I made a political joke about the president one time that got me banned for 3 days.
Really hit a nerve I guess.
Otherwise though.... I don't have like 6 thousand posts. I think I'm ok.

I made a tiddy joke and got banned for a month so its ok man
I'll change my name into - Unbreakable Patches, oh wait i have one smurf xD
EDIT: of course if trust level will exist.
It will be like Reddit and how they can control things.

So basically if you get down voted a ton of times your going to have a higher restriction on how many times you post and what your post are allowdd to have.

Posted a few times on a subreddit for hunters x hunter and the reddittors downvoted it to hell(I forget what post I was probably oblivious to information) I have a 10 minute restriction for post. Never gotten out of it never asked if that is on purpose but I assume not
I truly and honestly believe Blizzard is getting their act together. They revamped the report system., They made the rules clear, they've made a point out of 2 popular streams for false reporting one tricks, and Jeff himself has said on the forums that throwing is reportable and one tricking is not, and that reporting one tricks is bannable.

While there's definitely room for this implementation of silenced users not being able to post on the forums to be dangerous, account silences are never permanent the first time. So if it happens once you will most definitely get to speak up when the chat ban runs out. if it happens again, well.... Idk man I can only say it's most likely your own fault.

And there's always blizzard customer support (like actually contacting them instead of just responding with a ticket)
02/19/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Bard

Ridiculous.

Jeff has posted on multiple threads that describe like you have just stated and usually it isn’t “their main account” or it has “not history of any bans” so clearly he wants to force people into the ticket process so that he can get a real satistic on amount of false reports and auto bans that were not appropriate.

It is like the bigger picture is there right over your head