Remember when the Venom mine damaged widowmaker

General Discussion
What were they thinking with that?
Remember when d.va ult damaged d.va
Indeed. So broken. It was already a bad ability anyway.

02/20/2018 06:47 AMPosted by ExxusNum1Fan

Phara can still die of her own ult.. Not a big deal.
02/20/2018 06:47 AMPosted by KlaytoN

it was a big deal. it was freakfracketing hilarious to both watch and play. overwatch was less competitive so everyone was just happy to have a good laugh back them. simpler times, simpler times
Was she still not in danger of dying to it just like her enemies?
02/20/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Xian396

it was a big deal. it was freakfracketing hilarious to both watch and play. overwatch was less competitive so everyone was just happy to have a good laugh back them. simpler times, simpler times

I remember starting out OW and picking up D.va at the practise range. I didnt look up any of the heroes info and just tested it out myself when I first played them.

But holy balls, I was confused every time I died to my ult in the practise range, then I just realized Im dying to my ult. Glad it was changed, but honestly what were they thinking, a hero who shoots a explosive mecha and needs to get away or she dies but she doesnt even have the mobility to get away in the first place.
02/20/2018 06:58 AMPosted by Crestren
I remember starting out OW and picking up D.va at the practise range. I didnt look up any of the heroes info and just tested it out myself when I first played them.

But holy balls, I was confused every time I died to my ult in the practise range, then I just realized Im dying to my ult. Glad it was changed, but honestly what were they thinking, a hero who shoots a explosive mecha and needs to get away or she dies but she doesnt even have the mobility to get away in the first place.
it's even funnier when you consider that during launch, the time when everyone was new and learning heroes, a lot of people didn't know they could shoot the nuke. most just placed the ult then started emoting before being blasted off like team rocket. god those were so funny. ESPECIALLY since majority that emoted would indicated sort of an air that you were sure you;d get to kill funny, so it was even funnier when you emoted but no one died

Pharah can also fly and her ult isn't a blast radius. It was a big deal for Dva because in her baby pilot form her options for NOT getting caught in her own explosion were very limited since she has no mobility.

Pilot D.va has no mobility so even when you used Boosters to launch it you would have risked your life most of the time. It was a Self destruct indeed for both you and your mech.

Pharah has a great range, and you gotta be stupid to die to your own ult. You are supposed to use it from a certain distance not melee range.
I was about to say it still does, but I went to the practice range and you're right. When was that changed?