Auto-aim heroes don't make sense

Competitive Discussion
What's the point of making an *shooting* game and then make heroes that don't have to *aim*?
It's not fun to play as, with, and against those heroes.
it allows baddies to play the game

actually skilled players aren't the target audience here in case you haven't noticed
/r/gatekeeping
Heroes that don't require gamesense, just pure mechanics, don't make any sense either :D
I think it’s messed up that Winston can hard counter hard to use Heroes like Widowmaker and Hanzo. And this is coming from a Winston main.
02/20/2018 10:28 AMPosted by PlayerX
it allows baddies to play the game

actually skilled players aren't the target audience here in case you haven't noticed

What's your rank buddy, why not post on your account? Calling others baddies, you better at least be masters.

02/20/2018 10:45 AMPosted by iNeedHugsNow
I think it’s messed up that Winston can hard counter hard to use Heroes like Widowmaker and Hanzo. And this is coming from a Winston main.

Notice how pro's never complain about Winston "hard countering" the snipers? To start with he doesn't "hard counter" them, though he does have an advantage. But a scatter arrow when he lands or one head shot while he is leaping in means both Hanzo/Widow can kill him.

And while Winston might not need precision aim, he's a hard hero to master, with plenty of game sense and mechanical skill required (particularly in his ultimate).

The game's not a pure shooter, there are many other factors that matter. Aim is a big advantage, but you won't win games on it alone, and that's a good thing.

I also notice it's rarely the high ranks complaining about this. Almost always the slightly-above-average players who are mad about it.
The game is about more than pointing and clicking better that the enemy team.\

As an example, targeted damage serves as a reliable way to deal with high mobility characters who would be ridiculously annoying to deal with otherwise. A genji should not be able to freely dive 1v6 and get around ok just because it's so hard to aim at him while hes dashing around being a nuisance. That autolock damage also punches right through his deflect should make it very clear that autolock damage is the intended way to reliably deal with this type of character.
Hero's aside. Even the most difficult hero's mechanically are no where near as complex, difficult, challenging, and more then the average gun in a normal FPS that has a professional scene.

This game isn't about being the best mechanically, infact you do not need a very high level of mechanical skill to advance pretty far in the ranks. I see so many players in lower tiers with mechanical skill at or higher than players several tiers higher then them. The reason they are where they are has nothing to do with their ability to shoot, but when, where, who, and all the game sense that is required to be good at THIS game.

If you want a mechanically challenging FPS you might want to check out any of the other FPS games except this one and the Team Fortress series. They are all going to be much more to your liking.
02/20/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Djinn
Heroes that don't require gamesense, just pure mechanics, don't make any sense either :D

Name any hero that fits your description.
02/20/2018 10:26 AMPosted by d4rkwizo

what do you mean, I love playing with them and as them. Especially winston. I feel like winston is SUPER meta

Winston and enemy snipers don't exist in a vacuum - unless there's some serious positioning issues going on. It's a team game that's more about coordinating cheese better than the enemy team can rather than precision and flick shots.

What's the point of making an *shooting* game and then make heroes that don't have to *aim*?

The game isn't for everyone I guess.

Then why play it?

There are plenty of shooting only games, and few games like this.

You don't like games like this? Go play shooting games.
The point is that this game requires more skills than just mechanics. If all it required was good aim, it wouldn’t bring anything new to the genre.

Shooting across the map while almost no one can engage with you isn't skill