Is Zenyatta bad?

General Discussion
No. Zenyatta is an excellent secondary healer, and pairs with Moira, Mercy and Ana very well.
He's like the best or second best support depending on who you ask.
Zen is probably the best off-heal right now, unless you're running a 3-or-4 tank comp.
02/13/2018 05:18 PMPosted by GreyFalcon
Zen is probably the best off-heal right now, unless you're running a 3-or-4 tank comp.
Pretty much yeah. Quad tank is a deathball comp, which you really need a Lucio for instead.
The only reason people struggle with zen is because of their aim and their positioning. Zens are not supposed to be in the front lines. Zen is not meant to get gold healing. He's supposed to "support" (see what i did there :P) the other healer.
Zenyatta is a great healer to use in conjunction with another healer, however he relies heavily on teamwork and call outs. Using his discord led you should be calling out to team mates who is discorded, a lot of zens don’t do this.
If you have a Zen on your team, be on the lookout for the purple balls above people's heads, as these people are easily melted. You can largely tell whether your Zen is good or not by whether or not you see his Discord placed on the right targets. If he is putting them on the right targets, help encourage your team to focus fire.
Imagine that you can shave 200HP off a tank by pressing E without really aiming, at medium-long range, or get your team out trouble 70% of the time by mashing Q.

Zen's normal heals don't really matter all that much by themselves; their best use is for allowing people to have about an extra second during duels.

And while this is unrealistic for most, NYXL in OWL uses a damage boosted Zen as their main DPS.
Zen is a great hero but you need good positioning and for your team to look out for you. Maybe duo with a Roadhog, McCree or Moira and you deal with flankers together.
No Zen's one of the strongest characters in the game, believe me. It's just his strength is balanced by having a few weaknesses, and the quad tank meta forming now doesn't suit him, Lucio with either Ana or Moira is the strongest setup for that team build.
Man, I hate it when OPs delete their posts.
Thanks to the people who actually answered my question instead of down voting it and leaving for some odd reason. As I said, I do not play Zen. That’s why I asked. I never said Zen was bad.
Not sure what he's doing wrong to you :( He's normally well employed in maps where he can help shred tanks and flankers without moving much from the back because he is such a glass cannon. I think the last 3 map releases haven't been good for zen as he's good at sneaky angles.
02/13/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Thrillho
I deleted it because half he people stopped answering and just downvoted I like it better as people can just read he topic answer it or leave. Sorry bout that though.
02/13/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Jinx
02/13/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Thrillho
I deleted it because half he people stopped answering and just downvoted I like it better as people can just read he topic answer it or leave.
You're going to get downvoted on this forum. The community is awful. It's just numbers, let it roll off you.
zen can get gold on healing but it really is a question on what your team comp wants to do? Wanna barrier the !@#$ out of a bastion? get rein and rissa and dva and just sit on him,

Zen imho is meant as the "burst damage healer"

Pros
-Burstiest ranged attack of the supports at any range x2 headshot dmg wrecks
- Pre set heal ( putting it on your divehappy monkey and dva will get you mass value
- Dmg debuff makes him really good with organized teams
cons
-Low hp
-No Mobility
-abilities semi useless without team coordination
Yes but I can't play him for !@#$ so he can
HIPPITY HOPPITY GET OFF MY PROPERTY