Thank You Genji & Tracer Players

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
I'm a support main but I flex a lot. I literally play half of the roster (including Genji and Tracer, who for me are a ton of fun) and I do it because I love them, I love these heroes and honestly, I want the hate, these "main-wars", to stop. It's heartbreaking.

So thank you for the positivity and good vibes, and thanks to everyone who gives their best to move forward as a team!
02/14/2018 05:14 PMPosted by DragonSlayer
Case *in* point is the proper phrasing, I believe.

Also,
This is a positive thread, please don't come here and try to justify your hatred and spread your negativity.

So it is.

Ahh yes just ignore and dismiss evidence. That quote supports my point that they are not deserving of praise and constantly ask for support nerfs and in this instance a Tracer main wants Moira nerfed.

Yeah keep spreading that positivity. Looks like they can't hear it.
I'm officially calling it here boys, Tracer's pick rate and win rate is going to plummet after the Sombra and Hanzo changes go through. No one will want to play her as it's already difficult enough as it is avoiding all the intsagibs in the game.

Hanzo's new ability 6 shots each dealing 80 damage with a rate of fire of 3 per second. Oh this lasts for 6 sec by the way.

Sombra can now see her flanking at anything under 100% health. Her near insta cast hacks lets her be able to hack Tracer so consistently it'll be unfair and that spread buff too just the cherry on top.

If I start to see Hanzo or Sombra in every game I know I won't be which is a real shame.
First time I've ever actually made a post on these forums. Never wanted to before because of the overwhelming bias on here against my main. So thanks for the kind words :)
02/14/2018 05:39 PMPosted by IxREQUIEMx

Also,
This is a positive thread, please don't come here and try to justify your hatred and spread your negativity.

So it is.

Ahh yes just ignore and dismiss evidence. That quote supports my point that they are not deserving of praise and constantly ask for support nerfs and in this instance a Tracer main wants Moira nerfed.

Some of them are "not deserving of praise and constantly ask for support nerfs."

I believe the phrase is "vocal minority."
02/14/2018 01:41 PMPosted by EpsilonKey14
(Note: I do not play Genji or Tracer. I am an Ana-Main/Flex player)

Yeah I know, this is probably the LAST thing that you expected to hear from someone who plays Support & flexes...but honestly thank you.

The amount of unabashed hatred you receive on the forums is staggering to me.

The worst part is that the majority of people who see the bashing are more apt to go against you rather than try and defend you, and when you try to make a statement...they are immediately dismissed or spat upon.

But I'm not going to do that.

You two do your jobs and you do it well and I can't blame you two for that. I mean, a team is only as good as its parts and when you guys are performing well, it makes the game so much easier for the team.

I can't tell you how many times I've felt pleased whenever I gave Genji a Nano Boost and he went HAM with his ult.

...or the countless times I've seen Tracers make vital picks or multi-kills with Pulse Bomb that allowed my team to clutch a point that was being heavily contested by the enemy team.

The point that I'm trying to make is that, regardless of what happens, or what the forums might say, you guys do your job, you do it well and I want you to KEEP on doing your job well.

Sure things might be a little rough in the upcoming future but don't let that get to you. Keep on doing you and don't let the others get to you...

After all, we all have to support each other and that's all that matters at the end of the day.
[quote]I mainly made this thread because for the past year or so that I've been on the forums I've seen nothing but various derogatory statements and threads made towards these players...with little to no people coming to their defense.

I understand there are bad seeds in the Genji/Tracer community (mainly because the two of them are very popular), but this does NOT justify calling all of them idiots, purposely bashing anyone who plays them and demanding that Blizzard gut the characters.

It's extremely childish and makes you look just as bad as the toxic individual.

^^
What a breath of fresh air. Thank you for this, OP.

And also thank you to all the fellow DPS who get enemies low enough for me to snowball my resets off of; the tanks who give me breathing room to work with; and the supports who keep me alive during fights. Being enabled as Genji is the best.
02/14/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Skrimiche
What a breath of fresh air. Thank you for this, OP.

And also thank you to all the fellow DPS who get enemies low enough for me to snowball my resets off of; the tanks who give me breathing room to work with; and the supports who keep me alive during fights. Being enabled as Genji is the best.
Skirmiche!

I see you on the forums a lot trying to also diminish the negativity but I've never gotten a chance to actively tell you good job.

Anyway, keep on going out and Supporting/DPSing!
Thank you <3 we appreciate those willin. TJ heal us, you’re the ones who allow us to fight!
Positivity may start off as a small seed but will soon grow into a beautiful and mighty tree that can withstand everything and anything thrown at it

Thank you for planting the seed for more positivity to come :D
I love this so much. As a Genji and Tracer player (coincidentally enough) I'm glad someone actually came out and said this. All of my posts about this just get trashed on so it's good to see this.
As someone who flex and plays all the possible rols in Overwatch I really feel the love here. Sometimes you want to go healer (I have tons of fun with Lúcio or Moira), sometimes being a tank to protect/harrass the enemy (like Winston/D.Va or Hog) and sometimes I really enjoy playing dps (like Junk, Genji or 76) but it infuriates me that even if I do much more in a game with a dps/healer that what I did maybe two games ago with a tank I'd rarely be the one reciving the insults but the healer or dps. So ye, this is such a positive message that it made my day, everyone fills the roll it needs to be filled and no one should get a hard treatment just for playing a diferent character as long as they really try and cooperate with the team. Have a nice day mate! :)
02/14/2018 05:39 PMPosted by IxREQUIEMx

Also,

So it is.

ah yes, this one person is clearly the spokesperson of everyone who mains a hero, and his opinions are the opinions of everyone who happens to play the same hero he does. we are borg, after all

are you done dude? like is this fun for you? i'm genuinely curious. because, like, feel free to stop any time. we won't mind.

anyway since i've snarked in this thread a bit but haven't actually posted in it for reals: as someone who started out as a support main and made the switch over to playing a lot of tracer primarily threads like these are what we need more of. keep on keepin' on, op
I knew some people would troll this thread because they're !@#$%^-*!@ of hating Tracer and Genji is being interrupted. But these are the kinds of threads we need. Not promoting anger and hate, but friendship and peace. That's what Zen and Lucio would want.
Just now saw this, so giving it a well deserved bump because I honestly needed this.

Seriously, I was getting pretty fed up with the forums because of the massive Tracer hate. It seems like every other thread is either asking for a nerf, or making mocking statements about how she's finally gonna be dead with the Sombra and Hanzo changes.

It really gets disheartening after awhile, so for real ... thanks!

I felt sorry for the Mercy mains having to deal with this kind of crap recently too. It really is disgusting how awful people can be. >.<

But again, ty for being awesome. :)
<3
02/14/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Brutalistica
I don't mind the players I just don't like those are the only two heroes to count on when it comes to flanking. The game could use another hero that's similar to them so they don't always have to be the spotlight. That's why I don't watch OWL often because it's mostly the same comp.

I'm not sure who truly counters them besides a really good 1% ratio Widow or Hanzo. I know Symmetra was suppose to be that exact hero, but due to circumstances that's not happening. Nevertheless I appreciate them when they're on my team and I dislike it when they're on the enemy, but that's a pretty common statement.
I have a feeling your wish of third flanker will come true if these sombra changes go live
Thanks for speaking for us.
Bumpity bump, this thread should go on. Just because some people (not naming names, but they made a Moira is OP thread recently) who are not good at the game are asking for nerfs to a hero does not mean that everyone feels that way.
is this some kind of a joke thread? sarcasm or what?