Support Witch Hunts?

General Discussion
Highly Rated
Yo... seriously what is this sudden influx of support witch hunts? After you got your wish with Mercy's wings being mutilated why are people after Moira and there a low key whispers for Zenyatta nerfs too...

Be careful what you ask for, with other heroes getting buffs, if support is just going to be annoying to play them support mains will go dps or tank. You risk a meta with no support heroes being viable... and yes that can happen if you piss off enough of the support main populous.

Lets focus on other heroes getting buffed then we can revisit supports so they can get a much need balance. Namely Ana and Mercy. They are the main healers and should have some impact (not OP levels my god no) but a healthy impact, nonetheless.

Thoughts below...
Uhhhhh what witch hunt

I’ve just seen the usual anti Genji topics today
Highly Rated
02/15/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Eggcelsior
Uhhhhh what witch hunt

The hilarious nerf Moira threads that you find here everyday.
Highly Rated
I am getting a little aggravated with all the nerf Moira threads.
Had figured it out prior to Mercy's rap... I mean consecutive nerfs.

Actually called out that the next would be Lucio, then Moira and lastly Zen...

Overwatch team don't even give a s... about supports, and they won't stop killing the joy of playing them, unless the game turns out to be a complete failure with sales dropping hard or some prick from the so called "pro scene" cries Wolf.

Disgusting lies have been told, and we believed.
It's backlash from the Mercy rework that sent her past OP for several months. It took so long to get her dialed back to reasonable levels, that people are panicking at the thought that another support might be OP, and require their use to win games.
Uhhhhh what witch hunt

Genji is fine other than his hitbox. I have learned his tells that its a lot easier to predict a Genji with ult or hear his soft foot falls in the back line. He's like a panther in the way he attacks.

@righthere
I can understand that but this isn't anything new. Every time a support gets gutted another takes its place. This is why most support mains have been telling folks that they need to all be on an even playing feild. You cant gut one support without risking another dominating the meta. Put them all in the same light and no one gets UP or OP.
02/15/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Zwei
Uhhhhh what witch hunt

The hilarious nerf Moira threads that you find here everyday.

I see about 2x as many "DON'T NERF MOIRA" threads and 5x as many "Does anyone else think that Genji is OVERTUNED???" threads.
I've seen more "nerf Genji" threads than threads asking for Moira and D.va threads.
lol i play mostly support and i dont see what y'all are so angry about... it's still necessary to have at least 2 supports if you want to win games
Very few things I have a problem with in this game hanzo scatter arrow people playing heroes in comp that they can't play at all and the beam range of Moira and sym. That is the only problem IMHO wrong with Moira I love the hero to death but I personally thin her beam range is a bit stupid when you can take out a flying phara without any real difficulty
The D.va threads are ridiculous just like the Genji threads. We needed the heroes that are getting looked at now buffed a long time ago. Proper counters to the Genji, Tracers and D.va

But instead of waiting for these heroes to get their buffs I've seen a sprinkle of nerf Moira threads. They got more rampant after Mercy's nerf.

I'll admit maybe I'm worried but I've watch support get hit with nerfs too often while half of the heroes remained useless for more than a year. Is that even fair?

Fix your heroes and leave support alone for now. Let's see what these heroes can do when viable before we go on another support witch hunt. Besides Moira does not have Res, when something dies it stays dead.
Still dont see the support witch hunts for Moira? Lolz... seriously can we focus on buffing other heroes before we ask for easy support kills because god forbid dps get good.
02/15/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Kuuppon
Be careful what you ask for, with other heroes getting buffs, if support is just going to be annoying to play them support mains will go dps or tank. You risk a meta with no support heroes being viable... and yes that can happen if you piss off enough of the support main populous.

I think a significant portion of the overwatch community actually wish there were no healers in Overwatch... so if the support category stops being viable then they will finally have their new Call of Duty clone that they have been longing for... but with other types of missions...
02/15/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Qwazi
02/15/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Kuuppon

I think a significant portion of the overwatch community actually wish there were no healers in Overwatch... so if the support category stops being viable then they will finally have their new Call of Duty clone that they have been longing for... but with other types of missions...

This game will die shortly after. It is NOT meant to be played that way. Dps would not capture a point, they would not push a payload. While they are out killing each other the objective is forgotten. Games would last too long or end too quick with teams who have better dps steam rolling other teams that lack.

Idk but it just seems boring but if that's what they want... more power to them.
I don’t think you’ll ever hear a nerf Ana because even DPS mains know she’s in a bad place she needs another buff
Only thing ppl witch hunt is xqc
02/15/2018 04:23 PMPosted by FideWolf
I don’t think you’ll ever hear a nerf Ana because even DPS mains know she’s in a bad place she needs another buff

Oh don't worry, the moment she's back to be even viable people will complain. I play custom games with her and some people have complained about "she has too much damage, she's better than McCree"..... but then again I'd be happy that she was buffed and not give a flying f about those complaints until Bliz nerfs her into the ground again.
I am getting annoyed with all "NERF SUPPORT" because they can do their job and heal or because they can defend themselves. It is not our fault that DPS are sh** and cannot kill a Support. So we get blamed and requested nerf.

Like do DPS not understand that all DPS are annoying for supports, but we don't go crying for their nerfs.
the DPS ppl dont understand that without the supports they are nothing...but most of this ppl think they can carry if you pocket then all the time. Mostly this dps ppl are selfish and dont even want to try something else and when goes not on their way they throw.