Breaking down why Moira is Overpowered

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 25 Next
02/15/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Ph4yte
Sorry thats winston your describing. Its quite a bit tighter than that

It really isn't, I have played plenty of Moira in competitive and FFA, you CANNOT call that aim, the hitbox is less forgiving than Winston or Symmetra? Yes, it's still not aim, aim is what you do with Zarya, Ana, Zen, Soldier, that's AIMING.
02/15/2018 04:03 PMPosted by Noblessings
Most of this if not all is spot on but will be overlooked and downvoted without being read into because people would rather ignore the fact she far exceeds other healers and her 1v1 potential is insane

It's silly how the majority defending her are support or tank mains who don't know how much effort is required to actually beat her in a 1v1 or how she excels over the other healers

but obviously, Kragie is just bad and should get better aim if a top 10 tracer can't win against a moira /s

Looking at your top two characters, I don't see how you have trouble with Moira? Widowmaker counters her and Tracer has more mobility and range. Instead of bum rushing her try to go in when you know she used her cooldowns, while pick and choosing when to go in.

Nobody wants her to be a punching bag, we want her to actually be on par and not be thousands of times better than any other support in a 1v1 situation
Since you clearly did not read, a top 10 tracer(Kragie) recommends to avoid fighting moiras because of how stupid her self healing is

So you want her to be a punching bag cause that's where the healers are currently.. How about we start buffing healers to Moira's level instead of complaining about how 'OP' Moira is..

Maybe Kragie and everyone complaining need to get good, Moira is better in smaller rooms cause of orbs having less travel time and lowering Tracer's mobility. If you were to fight in bigger rooms Tracer and even Genji has the advantage. Also you guys need to stop thinking on a 1v1 level since this is a team game..
02/15/2018 04:15 PMPosted by PharahHǝntoi
Exactly. I’m getting the “Pharah main” treatment about how the Sombra buffs are just nerfs to currently balanced heros.

“No healer can fight back against Pharah.”

- Ana can

“But we need a noskill counter to her.”

- enter Moria.

Now that Sombra is getting buffed Pharah is going to be even worse since Pharah herself is Balanced, but Pharmercy is what’s causing people problems.
I'm a Bastion main, and not even I complain about the Sombra buffs.

Seriously, you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.
02/15/2018 04:16 PMPosted by CuddlyFlower
02/15/2018 04:10 PMPosted by pooch

Genji/Tracer and dps in general should have the advantage in a duel against support because support can provide advantage to the team better than a dps can.

Nothing in the game states that a support has to be worse against flankers/dps. Just because it might be the case in other games doesn't mean it has to be the same for Overwatch.

Yeah, gonna have to disagree here. Flankers are literally designed to kill supports, it’s their job. Of course, supports have tools to deal with them, but they are harder to use because yes, Flankers are supposed to kill Supports. If Supports consistently won 1v1s versus dps, why would anyone pick dps? DPS would be worse at doing their job than Supports and wouldn’t be able to heal.
OP doesn't seem to understand that you can change character in this game, the video linked even says not to bother fighting Moira with Tracer.

McCree will destroy Moira with good aim, he does burst damage so he will basically end her rather fast.
Soldier may have a bit of trouble if his heal is on cooldown and in a position where Moira can bounce her orb in a close area so he takes full damage.
Pharah can just stay in the sky and take her out from above.
Reaper will wreck her if he gets in close, no contest.
Genji can kill her if he goes full spike mode, so right click dash and hit again kind of thing, outside of that, deal with the fact that you can't just run her over like other supports.
Doomfist, don't know.
Sombra, much like with Tracer, don't bother, go in for harrass damage to distract her and port back if you really want to attack her.

Fact of the matter is, there's other DPS characters that players can pick, the problem is that the community seems to forget that you can change characters and have instead got too focused on the meta, but now a new healer has entered the meta scene, DPS mains seem to be getting all up in arms and are screaming for a nerf because Tracer and Genji especially can't run over her.
So I’m new to this forum and I play mostly on console, but this whole “grr low skill characters” discussion keeps popping up, and it seems kinda dumb? Maybe I don’t get it, but if your argument is that your hero takes so much skill to play, and that your skill is being infringed upon, maybe just swap? Like Moira kinda sucks against every tank, so if she’s such an issue, there are plenty of “low skill” tanks that can deal with her. Like they already nerfed a support into the ground.
My main concern is that I don’t want moira to become a must pick. Like, I dig her kit, but I’m worried she’s going to be in the position where people throw if you have two other supports besides her.
Hm, majority of the dps roster?

She is strong against Tracer, Genji and Sombra if she knows they are coming for her. The rest of the DPS can easily deal with her.

And if those three choose to fight smart, Moira is not going to win.

I am not a fantastic DPS player, just about 20 hours on Sombra and 12 or so on Tracer. If I am dumb and try to engage a Moira by myself and know she has all her cooldowns up? I deserve to lose against a hero countering me.
02/15/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Pulse

It really isn't, I have played plenty of Moira in competitive and FFA, you CANNOT call that aim, the hitbox is less forgiving than Winston or Symmetra? Yes, it's still not aim, aim is what you do with Zarya, Ana, Zen, Soldier, that's AIMING.

Why is your winrate with Moira <50%? I thought she was super OP and easy.
02/15/2018 04:21 PMPosted by SquidKD
Flankers are literally designed to kill supports,
Are you ready?

Where's that written?
Get over it. Omg, you don't think Genji or Tracer or annoying for me when I play my supports?! I hate them, they are annoying, but guess what?! I don't go asking for their nerfs. I think overall Tracer and Genji are not in a bad place, just because they are good and have high mobility does not mean they are op.

Here is the thing DPS players will not understand. Moira has the most versatile kit in the game. The thing that DPS players are getting mad at is the fact that she is the only support in the game, that can defend herself without the help of her team. That is why people is saying she is op, but she isn't. They just are not used to a support being able to defend themselves without the help of the team. Zen, Ana, Lucio, and Mercy still needs help from his team most of the time unless you are master or above.

You cannot go on a nerf train because for once you don't always have the upper hand in 1v1's anymore. No, Moira does not have the upper hand. She has equal playing field which not a single support has ever had. Get over it, they have said they like where she is at and the insane amount of down votes on the forums say most of the community agrees she is in a good spot

Not only that, but Moira has a pretty bad ult. It is easily stopped by any stun and it literally blinds your team mates if you are trying to heal them with it.
02/15/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Titanium
02/15/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Pulse
Massive downvotes inc as this forum love low skill ceiling heroes being able to have massive impact, like Mercy& Junkrat.
Stopped reading there, as the first sentence alone was elitist on top of subtly attempting to insult players who disagree with you.

That and pulse has a track record of being a troll and a hypocrite.
you missed out the fact of you being a genji/tracer main
I get you're trying to create a reasonable argument to have people agree with you and see your logic, but. . .

You make it seem more like she's unstoppable and that Kragie's (however you spell it) word is the Gospel truth. He may be top tier, but actually kind of sucks. He's just a bland Tracer player with high mechanics and that's it. I kill Moira's on Tracer easy on my alt account because I am a natural duelist. I don't have the best accuracy, but neither does Saybeolbe (WHO IS THE SUPERIOR TRACER BTW) and he takes out the likes of Sinatraaa easily because he's a duelist.

If you want a nerf on Moira, have more concrete evidence and actually recommend proper tweaks over straight up nerfs. And have your argument's basis be something that is more universally true than the word of a !@#$ player who only hit the elite because he has great muscle memory and reaction timing.

Just sayin. . .
02/15/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Pulse
02/15/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Ph4yte
Sorry thats winston your describing. Its quite a bit tighter than that

Did you even watch that short video? its nothing like sym or winston. Its slight smaller than zaryas...The animation starts to cancel almost immediately after leaving the model.
02/15/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Wraith
No, Moira does not have the upper hand. She has equal playing field which not a single support has ever had. Get over it

Extremely wrong and biased

https://youtu.be/lgL0Er3UAQg?t=382

This is not equal playing field.
Lol no.
02/15/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Pulse

Extremely wrong and biased

https://youtu.be/lgL0Er3UAQg?t=382

This is not equal playing field.

Why exactly do you think this video is proof that Moira is OP? "Oh look, rock can beat scissors! OP!"

He himself doesn't even say she is OP.
What would have happened if he played Roadhog instead of Tracer?
This is kind of over exaggerated... my only problem with Moira is her orbs. I'm not sure how much damage her damage orb does but it feels like one of them can kill me if im in a room as widowmaker or something..
As a Zen main it's incredibly frustrating to see people hail "Finally a support who can fight back!"

I've been knocking Genji's metal head and kicking Tracers to death since launch. Moira is not the first Support capable of handling herself in a fight. I've played Moira. She's too easy to succeed with, she isn't easy to hit, her Fade cooldown is too short, and she has the upper hand in fights against everyone except tanks. Even then, lock a tank in a tiny room with you and you've got the upper hand.

Moira is incredibly viable, useful, and carry-capable. But her damage needs to be toned down. She can keep the same regen rate for all I care, I just don't want to die in three seconds because I'm in a hallway with her orb bouncing around.
02/15/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Pierrito
"Wrong, it's not the fact that Moira can fight back, it's the fact that Moira has ALL the advantages and her kit sets her to win the fight vs the majority of the DPS Roster"

You know that Tracer and Genji for example normally have ALL the advantages against the support characters? Don't cry just because a Support can fight back now.

Stop nerfing supports into punchbags for DPS. Git gud
There need to be different roles. If healers are better DPS than DPS, DPS are redundant. The issue with Moira is that exception from the requirement to aim is undervalued. Only 50 DPS with soft aim and medium range is powerful. Add another 50 and it's unplayabe for some heroes. Other thing is damage orbs add nothing to the game. Spam with 100% uptime.
02/15/2018 04:29 PMPosted by spoon
This is kind of over exaggerated... my only problem with Moira is her orbs. I'm not sure how much damage her damage orb does but it feels like one of them can kill me if im in a room as widowmaker or something..
200 @ 50DPS, so yes it can.