Breaking down why Moira is Overpowered

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 25 Next
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You dont need 100% accuracy.

You dont even need 75% accuracy.

You dont even need 50% accuracy.

With 45% accuracy and a peripheral hit with Helix rockets (i.e. 80 damage), you deal 80+213-75 > 200 in 1 of soldier's clips. And you have a lot more leeway than that. Against Moira you basicaly have roughly 1.7 clips of shooting time before you die.

Are you forgetting orb+ Fade + hp drain ?

All of it is in there.

Thats what the -75 is, Moira's hp drain.

Moira cant deal damage or heal when Fading, while you can still heal. So thats a net win for you.

1.7 clips of shooting time includes the orb and biotic field.
Anyone who thinks Moira beats tracer needs to leave rn
OP, why you no respond to my earlier comments? I promise I won't name call, I just want to have civilized debate to prove against your theory using logic. Instead of getting mad at people for not agreeing, actually have a real argument to any responses that negate your opinion. Promise I won't just call you a poop DPS ._. Just want to help you see Moira is fine. I'll even take everything you respond into consideration (>._.)>
02/15/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Pulse
02/15/2018 05:18 PMPosted by FrostFallFox
After 3800 SR the DPS seem good enough to kill Moira as she lifesteals them. In my experience.

Did you forget to watch the video from a 4650 SR player tho?

The moira playing was also near that rank, so why shouldn't she be able to hold her own against a character she soft counters?
Moira's skill ceiling can actually be quite high. People underestimate the extra value you can get out of your orbs if you're not lazy with them
someone is afraid of a support character lul

Support = free kill no more aye
Can we be honest here... how often does anyone 1v1 a healer unless they’re flanking? If you’re losing to Moira you’re overstaying your welcome as a flanker. You don’t accept a failed flank because you think a healer is an insta-kill. You need to start respecting Moira’s damage output when you flank or you’re going to keep triggering yourself by putting yourself in the situation of constantly dying to her. It takes her a full 4 seconds of right click to kill someone. Yeah there’s damage orb but flankers are mobile and there’s no excuse for not backing out when you see you’ll take lethal damage. It’s part of flanking
02/15/2018 05:43 PMPosted by go123452

Are you forgetting orb+ Fade + hp drain ?

All of it is in there.

Moira cant deal damage or heal when Fading, while you can still heal. So thats a net win for you.

That assuming moira commits to fighting a soldier with heal station

1.7 clips is still pretty low considering her hitbox, and her ability to adadad while still being locked on you

Fighting a moira as a dps is pretty much wasted time and youre in a huge disadvantage, if you dont see that, then idk what to tell you
Healing already does not require skill (except for Ana).

Healing does not require mechanical skill, but it does involve keeping track of 5 people and making sure said people don't just go Rambo into a Rip-Tire.

If you think that mechanical skill=only skill in the game, then you have a very hard learning curve ahead of you, bud.
Stopped at “Moira has ALL the advantages.” Seriously, form a real argument.

All of it is in there.

1.7 clips is still pretty low considering her hitbox, and her ability to adadad while still being locked on you

Fighting a moira as a dps is pretty much wasted time and youre in a huge disadvantage, if you dont see that, then idk what to tell you
I mean tracer one clips her so fast though
02/15/2018 05:51 PMPosted by momo
Can we be honest here... how often does anyone 1v1 a healer unless they’re flanking? If you’re losing to Moira you’re overstaying your welcome as a flanker. You don’t accept a failed flank because you think a healer is an insta-kill. You need to start respecting Moira’s damage output when you flank or you’re going to keep triggering yourself by putting yourself in the situation of constantly dying to her. It takes her a full 4 seconds of right click to kill someone. Yeah there’s damage orb but flankers are mobile and there’s no excuse for not backing out when you see you’ll take lethal damage. It’s part of flanking

In what part did I say I die to moira?

I simply avoid the matchup as I dont pick fights where I dont have the edge, thats also part of flanking and knowing when to engage

Does that make her less OP or rest of my points not valid? No
02/15/2018 05:53 PMPosted by DrFate

I mean tracer one clips her so fast though

If you think Tracer has the edge fighting a Moira, come ingame ill 1v1 you

You on Tracer Me on Moira, I guarantee you I will win 90% of the fights, if not 100%

All of it is in there.

1.7 clips is 807 damage before headshots. Think about that for a second. Really. THINK about that. 807 damage before headshots. 927 if you include rockets. I can solo break an Orisa shield in that time. Now think about the fact that Moira had to use her fade AND biotic orb in that battle, meaning she is now out of position and unable to heal her team. Which means you won and did your job of putting the enemy healer out of commission.

You dont need to kill Moira to render her useless. Just force her out of position. She has a 5m heal and a 10s cd orb. If you make her pop her orb and fade then she is out of the fight. She has no other contribution to the fight other than that.

In no way is forcing Moira to burn both cds to stay alive and retreat a waste of time. In fact it is basically enemy healer incapacitated. You seem fixated on the fact that apparently DPS cant hit Moira, at all, like ever. You are only at a disadvantage if you either A) suck at aiming, or B) make things hard for yourself by trying to dodge. As Ana I can 1v1 her half the time. Ana. And her fade removes my anti heal.

A great Ana is a much harder 1v1 target to kill than Moira because

1) Ana does more damage
2) Ana has more self heal in the time that it matters
3) Ana has a back up sleep dart

Yet Ana is one of the most fragile characters in the game.
02/15/2018 05:57 PMPosted by go123452

1.7 clips is 807 damage before headshots. Think about that for a second. Really. THINK about that. 807 damage before headshots. 927 if you include rockets. I can solo break an Orisa shield in that time. Now think about the fact that Moira had to use her fade AND biotic orb in that battle, meaning she is now out of position and unable to heal her team. Which means you won and did your job of putting the enemy healer out of commission.

You dont need to kill Moira to render her useless. Just force her out of position. She has a 5m heal and a 10s cd orb. If you make her pop her orb and fade then she is out of the fight. She has no other contribution to the fight other than that.

In no way is forcing Moira to burn both cds to stay alive and retreat a waste of time. In fact it is basically enemy healer incapacitated.

" I dont need people with half my SR trying to tell me how to play, I think Im fine being GM playing mechanically demanding heroes, thanks though "
02/15/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Pulse
02/15/2018 05:18 PMPosted by FrostFallFox
After 3800 SR the DPS seem good enough to kill Moira as she lifesteals them. In my experience.

Did you forget to watch the video from a 4650 SR player tho?

"After"

In no way is forcing Moira to burn both cds to stay alive and retreat a waste of time. In fact it is basically enemy healer incapacitated.

" I dont need people with half my SR trying to tell me how to play, I think Im fine being GM playing mechanically demanding heroes, thanks though "

Its not like Seagull didnt say that Genji's nerf in Season 1 would make him unplayable... oh wait. Or when he claimed that Mercy 2.0.0 was balanced after rework.

Oops.

Seems like GM players can be wrong after all.

Also please, play Ana before you start talking about mechanically demanding.
I agree with OP's sentiment, I think Moira just needs to be harder to aim with.
02/15/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Skaine
I agree with OP's sentiment, I think Moira just needs to be harder to aim with.

Only if you buff her damage output.

Except then that would be a net buff to Moira... because people actually have better aim than you think?
02/15/2018 06:03 PMPosted by go123452

Its not like Seagull didnt say that Genji's nerf in Season 1 would make him unplayable... oh wait. Or when he claimed that Mercy 2.0.0 was balanced after rework.

Oops.

Seems like GM players can be wrong after all.

Also please, play Ana before you start talking about mechanically demanding.

In No universe Ana is harder to 1v1 than Moira btw, literally the most ridiculous statement ive read for a while

I do play ana though, 4th most played hero in comp

Still think Tracer or genji require much better mechanics

Ps: sick 1,4 elims per life on tracer in QP there, Im sure its not very demanding