Any advice for a console gold player?

Competitive Discussion
Hello, I made this post to ask for any advice to get out of gold. I play on the PS4 and with Season 9 approaching, I wanted advice to see how to get out of it.

Here are some questions I have.
1. What heroes should I consider playing for competitive?
2. Should I solo queue or play with friends?
3. Which heroes are strongly not recommended for competitive.
4. What heroes are best for certain maps?
5. Which hero should I consider maining for Season 9?

Thank you for reading my post, all advice will be taken. Hope I can become a better player.
I was going to answer the questions... then I just smh.

Comp... where blood boils over.

Prepare to fall to bronze. If you don’t trigger after that, you have a hard climb back to Gold. Then once you get close to your initial rank, prepare for another loss streak. This yo-yo effect will be your life in console comp. Flex, don’t flex. Try hard, learn the maps, kill more efficiently.

Best advice.
02/16/2018 02:04 AMPosted by FoxtrotXIII
Hello, I made this post to ask for any advice to get out of gold. I play on the PS4 and with Season 9 approaching, I wanted advice to see how to get out of it.

Thank you for reading my post, all advice will be taken. Hope I can become a better player.

Add me to PSN. I will help you. I started my own team ages ago and they were all golds, now everyone is platinum and diamond. Do you have a headset and where are you from?
02/16/2018 02:04 AMPosted by FoxtrotXIII

Let me just give you a better piece of advice. Find several players who share a mentality of team play and listen well. Ask a friend who is a bit higher rank to be your shotcaller. Play 6 stack after practicing several times in quick play.

You can likely, if you do that, get to Platinum within a week.

6 stacking on console with good players is so ridiculously much easier than playing solo. It's because many good players on console are toxic and therefore do not six stack. Therefore when you six stack on console, you're often not facing as crazy of players, and also have a great ability to match up with them.