Let’s go out with a bang;)

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
All the positive people on here. RichC, Nerdgurl720, Kryptsm, PyroPanda, Nevermore, JellyandJam (hey that's you :P) and many others here that make this place a little more enjoyable. Also all the random things that get brought up.

I still feel proud from RichC's tank appreciation thread. I felt joy in knowing that people agreed with me on the Mercy changes and even liked some of my ideas. Telling a player who was salty about Moira to 'surrender to her will' becoming my most upvoted post.

I've felt devastated when Doomfist got sledgehammered and Roadhog lost his one shot. I felt ignore when there's so much evidence on how bs Genji's deflect is being ignored (and still is)

But I've also felt the air of excitement when a new character got announced, a new game mode or map. I nearly gotten all the trophies for this game (proudest ones are Zens pixel, Lucio pixel and the path is closed) and I'm aiming to platinum it.

02/18/2018 04:02 PMPosted by MeiDei
02/18/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Macedolago
Wonderful weather is op, plz nerf.
Buff winter, it can't effectively counter climate change.

Instead of Buffing winter why don't we nerf the Sun? (Like this ;)
02/18/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Terx2
All the positive people on here. RichC, Nerdgurl720, Kryptsm, PyroPanda, Nevermore, JellyandJam (hey that's you :P) and many others here that make this place a little more enjoyable. Also all the random things that get brought up.

I still feel proud from RichC's tank appreciation thread. I felt joy in knowing that people agreed with me on the Mercy changes and even liked some of my ideas. Telling a player who was salty about Moira to 'surrender to her will' becoming my most upvoted post.

I've felt devastated when Doomfist got sledgehammered and Roadhog lost his one shot. I felt ignore when there's so much evidence on how bs Genji's deflect is being ignored (and still is)

But I've also felt the air of excitement when a new character got announced, a new game mode or map. I nearly gotten all the trophies for this game (proudest ones are Zens pixel, Lucio pixel and the path is closed) and I'm aiming to platinum it.

02/18/2018 04:02 PMPosted by MeiDei
...Buff winter, it can't effectively counter climate change.

Instead of Buffing winter why don't we nerf the Sun? (Like this ;)
I think we've had enough nerf's. Besides, winter has always been underpowered, even before the sun became meta.
I think we've had enough nerf's. Besides, winter has always been underpowered, even before the sun became meta.

The Sun will always be in the meta though. Until it gets extinguished and all life in the meta ends and it get overbuffed and goes Super nova resulting in the same thing. Either way the Sun is mandatory in any comp.

Winter has it's time in the meta and it'll come around again depending on the region your in.
Perhaps a little bit corny here but since you said to talk about people we've met,

I made a friend playing Overwatch last April by complete chance because it's one of the only times I've ever used mic (I'm very shy) We spoke pretty much every day ever since, exhanging phone numbers etc. we both fell for each other and even though we live a a couple of hours distance away we travel to see each other once every single week. We've just spent valentines together :)
I'm going to be very grateful to this game because it's bought me something so wonderful!

(Sorry for being soppy it just feels like a nice post to share before this particular forum disappears)
02/18/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Terx2

The Sun will always be in the meta though. Until it gets extinguished and all life in the meta ends and it get overbuffed and goes Super nova resulting in the same thing. Either way the Sun is mandatory in any comp.

Winter has it's time in the meta and it'll come around again depending on the region your in.

In my region, winter is never meta :/ Please buff winter so it can be used in any situation!
Just learning all the characters for the first time with my friends was the funnest. Side note, I'm gonna low key throw a few games on my smurf so I can have a chance to play with Jelly.
02/18/2018 03:33 PMPosted by CoolBiz125
Oh wait, I just realized you’re also an XBL Player JellyandJam. If you ever want to play, I’ll be in competitive dropping in SR because that’s what happens to the man named CoolBiz125.

Im friending you, thats for sure;)

Great job everyone. It’s great seeing everyone have a good time.
my biggest regret is not having sprayed the pillow spray when i put someone to sleep as Ana.....
02/18/2018 04:38 PMPosted by SophieLuna
Perhaps a little bit corny here but since you said to talk about people we've met,

I made a friend playing Overwatch last April by complete chance because it's one of the only times I've ever used mic (I'm very shy) We spoke pretty much every day ever since, exhanging phone numbers etc. we both fell for each other and even though we live a a couple of hours distance away we travel to see each other once every single week. We've just spent valentines together :)
I'm going to be very grateful to this game because it's bought me something so wonderful!

(Sorry for being soppy it just feels like a nice post to share before this particular forum disappears)

i've met some people that have turned into some of my best friends IRL in this game. not sappy at all.
I remember the first time I had heard of Overwatch, I was watching TF2 gameplay on YouTube. While I no longer watch his videos (or anything on his channel, for that matter), I had stumbled across a Muselk video addressing the TF2 vs Overwatch debate. I listened for a while, heard how similar it was to TF2, and decided to do a little research myself.

As I started watching the cinematic trailer, it was love at first sight. The only other game I had fallen for like this was Lego Universe back in 2010, (which remains my first and only game that I participated in a closed beta for), that sadly, closed after a single year. But the time I spent in LU had a remarkable and lasting impact, and a huge part of why I picked up Overwatch is because I saw a lot of LU's old themes in it. Teamwork, fighting the good fight, exploring, creating, and so on.

After that, I consumed any bit of Overwatch media and information I thought would help. I took to hero guides and gameplay, learning everything I could about what to do and what not to do. I watched every hero gameplay video, to see which playstyle would resonate.

Eventually, I came across Zenyatta. Everyone's favorite robo-Buddha. The minute I finished his gameplay trailer, I knew I had found my main. And he's been one of the core characters of my lineup ever since.

After that, it was months of excruciating waiting until the game was released. And even then, finals got in the way of purchasing the game as soon as it hit shelves. In the end, I finally got it. Hard-copy of Origins Edition with the promo-codes and the baby Winston figurine. Though I've gone on hiatus in favor of one of my older stomping grounds, PlanetSide 2, until competitive mode gets much-needed fixes, Overwatch will always be one of my go-to games.
02/18/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Bendubz11
02/18/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Macedolago
Wonderful weather is op, plz nerf.
Where's Nevermore when we need him?

The Weather- It’s Nerf or Nothing
Isn't tomorrow the last day tho?

And yeah, all of you are Amazing: Jelly, RichC, Nevermore the blue Mercy and many others...

We shall meet again! ...In another life
fades away
02/18/2018 04:51 PMPosted by WhiteRabbit
Isn't tomorrow the last day tho?

And yeah, all of you are Amazing: Jelly, RichC, Nevermore the blue Mercy and many others...

We shall meet again! ...In another life
fades away

Our paths will cross again, I swear;)

See you then.
I remember and really miss being able to get 5 man rezz potgs in the game. I never hid to do it either, hide and rez is a myth.

I only wish I would have kept my youtube highlights from back then as well.
“Send me out, with a bang”
- Srgt Johnson

Oh man, now I’m going to start crying.
02/18/2018 05:33 PMPosted by JellyandJam
“Send me out, with a bang”
- Srgt Johnson

Oh man, now I’m going to start crying.

Still, is not ending but upgrading or so...
Not like Miiverse that disappeared forever. Damn I miss my Miiverse buddies :(
11/14/2017 06:32 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Live with Honor, RichC!

I have 240+ hours on Tank Heroes. I'll be your shield!

this^^
02/18/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Nevermore
02/18/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Bendubz11
...Where's Nevermore when we need him?

The Weather- It’s Nerf or Nothing

Coming to theaters near you
I have an important announcement.....

I am the senate.