I am the senate.
Not yet!
02/18/2018 06:20 PMPosted by TheJediCats
02/18/2018 06:17 PMPosted by JellyandJam
I have an important announcement.....

I am the senate.
Not yet!

It’s Treason then;)

The force is strong with Star Wars memes.
Back in early 2016, I was really into Destiny and kept hearing about this up and coming game called Overwatch. I completely despised it up until a month after launch.

Then I saw a popular Destiny YouTuber I watched a lot, Mr. Fruit, play Overwatch.

So I decided to look into the game, took one look at the characters and got kind of hooked.

So I decided to buy the game on PC and the download took all night, but I woke up to see it complete and I played it all day just in time for Summer Games and, as a Brazilian, fell in love with Lucioball.

Many of my friends had this game on PS4, so I bought it on PS4 and now I’m a Platinum Tracer main who’s had my life rocked my this game. Looking past it’s flaws, this game is great.
As other people have said, I’ve made some really good friends since I started playing Overwatch. They’re the sweetest people, and I love playing with them. Of course we tend to win more when it’s the three of us, too.

It’s funny how the Overwatch community is so toxic, and yet you can still make some genuine connections with amazing people, simply because they like the way you play.
02/18/2018 06:35 PMPosted by noodlebleps
As other people have said, I’ve made some really good friends since I started playing Overwatch. They’re the sweetest people, and I love playing with them. Of course we tend to win more when it’s the three of us, too.

It’s funny how the Overwatch community is so toxic, and yet you can still make some genuine connections with amazing people, simply because they like the way you play.

Agreed;)
02/18/2018 03:33 PMPosted by CoolBiz125
Oh wait, I just realized you’re also an XBL Player JellyandJam. If you ever want to play, I’ll be in competitive dropping in SR because that’s what happens to the man named CoolBiz125.

Waitwaitwait both of you are xb1 players too?

Small world.
02/18/2018 08:32 PMPosted by spacecowboy
02/18/2018 03:33 PMPosted by CoolBiz125
Oh wait, I just realized you’re also an XBL Player JellyandJam. If you ever want to play, I’ll be in competitive dropping in SR because that’s what happens to the man named CoolBiz125.

Small world.

I see you play on Xbox as well;)
02/18/2018 08:37 PMPosted by JellyandJam
02/18/2018 08:32 PMPosted by spacecowboy

Small world.

hey...don't forget me
02/18/2018 08:37 PMPosted by SunsetHippo

hey...don't forget me

Never my friend;)
1st (and one of the last) times posting on these forums.

Anyway, one of my favourite memories from Overwatch was in Quick Play. I was using Roadhog, however doing pretty woefully at him (enemy had an Orisa, and my hooks were often just bouncing off). Eventually, I decided to try out a surprise attack, and just let loose with Whole Hog from behind them. Alongside a couple of other Ultimates (I think I was Nanoboosed, and our Genji did his Dragonblade as well), managed to wreck them. Even got Play of the Game (destroyed a Supercharger, Shield Generator, and one or two enemy Heroes). Shows that even if you are doing badly at a Hero, it can be worthwhile sticking with them.

Anyway, may pop up on the new ones when they drop. Also nice to see a bunch of positivity here when the game is becoming toxic. :)

As I started watching the cinematic trailer, it was love at first sight. The only other game I had fallen for like this was Lego Universe back in 2010, (which remains my first and only game that I participated in a closed beta for), that sadly, closed after a single year. But the time I spent in LU had a remarkable and lasting impact, and a huge part of why I picked up Overwatch is because I saw a lot of LU's old themes in it. Teamwork, fighting the good fight, exploring, creating, and so on.

[/quote]

Hey, I played LU as well in Closed Beta (started before they even brought in Pirate Cove, the specific armour for the factions, and pets)!
Interesting connection between LU and Overwatch. Never picked up on it myself, but those are definitely similarities.
i did a quad boop on pharah that won us the game before
Forums never die
02/18/2018 08:49 PMPosted by Joe
i did a quad boop on pharah that won us the game before

Now That’s what I’m talking about;)
Oh man, my favourite memory was of my first sextuple kill. It was on Oasis, and the score was 99-99. I had died, and had just respawned, when the enemy team wiped my team. That left me as the only person alive on my team. Just as they captured the point, and the overtime timer started ticking down, I dragonbladed, and leaped onto them. They were all low because of the teamfight, and I ended up killing them all with like 20 health remaining. Then I proceeded to capture the point and win the game. Felt really damn good.
02/18/2018 08:47 PMPosted by Brakes

As I started watching the cinematic trailer, it was love at first sight. The only other game I had fallen for like this was Lego Universe back in 2010, (which remains my first and only game that I participated in a closed beta for), that sadly, closed after a single year. But the time I spent in LU had a remarkable and lasting impact, and a huge part of why I picked up Overwatch is because I saw a lot of LU's old themes in it. Teamwork, fighting the good fight, exploring, creating, and so on.

Hey, I played LU as well in Closed Beta (started before they even brought in Pirate Cove, the specific armour for the factions, and pets)!
Interesting connection between LU and Overwatch. Never picked up on it myself, but those are definitely similarities.

What are the odds! I remember playing the beta build where they had all three specialties for each faction, before the third ones were removed for the later update.

Which faction did you main? I favored Assembly.
Be sure to save all vital discussion or issue raising threads to repost and keep alive.
02/18/2018 08:37 PMPosted by SunsetHippo

hey...don't forget me

Or me!

The past few months on here have been a pleasure and an honor. I admit, I'll miss this place, the café, pub, and bar by Nerdgurl720, all of JellyandJams and Sunsethippos helpful and positive posts, all the hero concepts, and all the questions and opinions. We have one more day, let's make it count. The final countdown begins now! ♫IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN♫
I will never forget the Sombra ARG and the amomentincrime countdown. I’m sure nobody can forget that.
02/18/2018 09:21 PMPosted by SunDragon
<span class="truncated">...</span>
hey...don't forget me

Or me!

The past few months on here have been a pleasure and an honor. I admit, I'll miss this place, the café, pub, and bar by Nerdgurl720, all of JellyandJams and Sunsethippos helpful and positive posts, all the hero concepts, and all the questions and opinions. We have one more day, let's make it count. The final countdown begins now! ♫IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN♫

You got it SunDragon;)

You all have a good night;)