Blizzard is openly inviting failure into this game

General Discussion
Or maybe they couldn't win because you dropped 2 new players into a team game playing with a level 500 nearly Gold rank player?

New players can typically play whatever the hell they want and be moderately successful because low ranked players don't know how or don't bother to properly counter anything and also most of them can't aim.

That goes out the window when you drop them in with people who aren't also new / bad though.
02/18/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Champ
One tricking shouldn't be inherently bannable, but one tricking in a competitive gamemode should be punishable by all accounts. Why not just tell one tricks to not play competitive and play literally any other gamemode?
Because they DID pay for this game and unless they are cheating, have the right to play who and what they want
Well, you can't exactly win a game the first time you play it, maybe they should quit being babies. We all had that point where we started the game, not being able to play any of the characters. It's not blizzard's fault that your friends rage quit because there not good at something instantly.
02/18/2018 06:00 PMPosted by JakuNonon
One tricking shouldn't be inherently bannable, but one tricking in a competitive gamemode should be punishable by all accounts. Why not just tell one tricks to not play competitive and play literally any other gamemode?
Because they DID pay for this game and unless they are cheating, have the right to play who and what they want

The 5 other people that are getting their game ruined by the one trick also paid for the game. One tricks are just selfish !@#$%^-s i guess.
I just failed to get 2 people into this game during free weekend, because they couldn't even play half the heroes and effectively win.

failed to get 2 people into this game during free weekend

they couldn't even play half the heroes

What were you expecting, Champ?
If someone's never played something before, be it for console or PC, they're going to bomb on all their attempts. That's how you learn :/
And I'm sure the 5 teammates didn't pay to get a teammate who intentionally handicaps themselves in the competitive gamemode.

But I guess the enjoyment of 1 is more important than the enjoyment of others
02/18/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Scopzy
... Because they DID pay for this game and unless they are cheating, have the right to play who and what they want

The 5 other people that are getting their game ruined by the one trick also paid for the game. One tricks are just selfish !@#$%^-s i guess.
Just because you're good at comp doesn't make your money worth more than theirs. Go through the round get over it and play another one to raise your score back up.

Okay, so I have the right to play attack sym on every game regardless of how it's going to cost 5 other players a win, and make them tilt in their future games and ruin it for 5 new players each time? All because I paid for the game?

Oh man, I should get right to that!
... Because they DID pay for this game and unless they are cheating, have the right to play who and what they want

Okay, so I have the right to play attack sym on every game regardless of how it's going to cost 5 other players a win, and make them tilt in their future games and ruin it for 5 new players each time? All because I paid for the game?

After 10 matches, they only get put with people who do the same kind of crap. That's how the ranking system works.
If you grouped up with them on your main account, you basically killed it for them because they will have gone into games with high level players. Level doesn't mean skill, but it does mean they are a lot more familiar with the game.

Ironically, free weekend is not the time you want to be introducing people to the game. A lot of people will smurf over the weekend. New players get grouped with other new players normally (low levels) to prevent this exact kind of frustration, but on free weekend they could be playing against GM and top 500s for all anyone knows.

Finally, on one tricking, get over yourself. People should be free to play what and how they like. They are at that same rank presumably doing what they always do. It's not really any of your business to make a big deal over it. If it bothers you so much, make some effort and find a group to play with.

Yes, that is exactly how it works
2 1/2 years ago, as I bought the game, I knew absolutely nothing, ecxept that there was an beautiful angel and two old men fighting and loving each other (Soldier and Reaper, lol). I started OW, and I was totally overwhelmed. I did not know about the different abilities, Ults and characters. I didn't know that Zarya existed for a long time because noone played her and I was afraid of Zenyatta, because I did not understand how he worked.
It's funny to think about it, and I would do anything to feel that sensation again.
I learned about smurfs here on the forums and that was probably 6 or 8 months after I bought the game. Before I didn't care.
My first ranked game was on Hanamura and I played McCree. We lost - and boy, how we lost that game. I didn't played ranked for a long time.

I did not care about losing or winning, as long as I had fun. And to be honest, I could play that game all day long and I still love that game.

So if your friends won't buy that game because of smurfs, then that's their fault. If they only want to win every match, you should told them that this is impossible. Maybe they should practice in qp, a lot, before playing ranked. What do they expect? Getting to diamond without even knowing the game?
02/18/2018 06:12 PMPosted by AkatsukiSwag
After 10 matches, they only get put with people who do the same kind of crap. That's how the ranking system works.
No it doesn't, the system can't tell whether you one trick Sym or main Tanks, so even after 10 games, you're still causing frustration and tilting to undeserving players because they have to deal with a teammate who decided they're gonna play only play a situational Hero and nobody else
02/18/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Scopzy

The simple fact is that everyone paid for the game, but not everyone has fun in the same way, you can't make everyone happy
So the 5 players who insta lock dps are fine but I cannot play who I want
02/18/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Kyaw
02/18/2018 06:12 PMPosted by AkatsukiSwag
No it doesn't, the system can't tell whether you one trick Sym or main Tanks, so even after 10 games, you're still causing frustration and tilting to undeserving players because they have to deal with a teammate who decided they're gonna play only play a situational Hero and nobody else
But if theyre good at that character does it really even matter? I don't think anybody has the right to tell someone who they have to play. and furthermore it usually only matters if they're bad at the character or they don't stay with the team/dont cooperate.
Oh, but I forgot if a team loses then it's basically the widowmakers fault for not being a healer even though she hasn't died, she's had shot 5 people, how dare she pick a defense character when there's already 2? Did you know it still has to be her fault even if the rest of the team isn't cooperating?
You have to remember in most cases when one tricking is accused it might not necessarily be that person's fault that the team lost.
02/18/2018 06:50 PMPosted by AkatsukiSwag
<span class="truncated">...</span> No it doesn't, the system can't tell whether you one trick Sym or main Tanks, so even after 10 games, you're still causing frustration and tilting to undeserving players because they have to deal with a teammate who decided they're gonna play only play a situational Hero and nobody else
But if theyre good at that character does it really even matter? I don't think anybody has the right to tell someone who they have to play. and furthermore it usually only matters if they're bad at the character or they don't stay with the team/dont cooperate.
Team composition matters. The game's design is around NOT USING ONE CHARACTER and ADAPTING to the situation. The Main-Mentality had no place in this game, especially considering there's no role-queue. Getting stuck with 5 DPS mains, while not impossible, is an extremely painful experience. People can play what they want, but they can also be stupid/stubborn about it. The mentality of "someone else should switch" should be replaced with "what can I do personally to better our team?". I personally fill and play whatever role is needed because I didn't condemn myself to only enjoying one thing. Its a team game, and it can't function without considerations beyond being a massive me-monster. There are 5 other people, and if they matter less than 1 person, that 1 person doesn't belong on any team-based game.