Blizzard is openly inviting failure into this game

General Discussion
What did the OP say? He deleted the post.
Yeah, but the point is if someone is really good at the character. They're going to help a lot more than if they pick. Another character because the team pressures them into it and they are bad. Additionally, you can't tell them what they can and can't play as far as modes go because they still paid for the game. So asking someone to not play a character they are excellent at in competitive is the same thing is asking them to play a s***** character and not do any work for the team. I would rather have a God level widow maker on my team then someone who has never touched mercy in their entire life.
02/18/2018 07:07 PMPosted by AkatsukiSwag
Yeah, but the point is if someone is really good at the character. They're going to help a lot more than if they pick. Another character because the team pressures them into it and they are bad. Additionally, you can't tell them what they can and can't play as far as modes go because they still paid for the game. So asking someone to not play a character they are excellent at in competitive is the same thing is asking them to play a s***** character and not do any work for the team. I would rather have a God level widow maker on my team then someone who has never touched mercy in their entire life.
No, they won't help more just playing that one character they're good at . In fact, they handicapped the team the moment they queue'd having no experience in anything else. The whole game is based around switching/adapting, being flexible. Why is this so hard to understand? Queue prepared to be a team player, or go play death match on an endless loop where the pick only impacts the individual. It's called not being selfish. I don't give a damn if they paid for the game. Its not all about them, it never will be, and if this was a single player game, It would be fine, but its not.
02/18/2018 07:07 PMPosted by AkatsukiSwag
Theres a reason why the phrase "Dont put all your eggs in one basket" exists, and OTs are doing the opposite of it. So what happens when there's another OT or the enemy hard counters the OT? Is the team supposed to just accept the loss like that? This game is about adaptation and OTs are doing the opposite of that and are implicating their teammates as well.

And please, that argument of "I paid for the game therefore I do whatever I want" is irrelevant and pointless when everyone else also paid as well. "I paid to enter the swimming complex, but you can't kick me out for disturbing the other swimmers because I paid for it!"
Yall have no idea how confused I was because OP deleted the post.

This thread is a mess.
I just failed to get 2 people into this game during free weekend, because they couldn't even play half the heroes and effectively win.

Another post deleted out of shame I see.

I'm sorry your friends didn't immediately feel like gods when matched against other players. If you don't know the maps, how to play each hero and how to play against each hero then that's because you need practice. Crazy suggestion (bear with me) but maybe try training in co-op bot matches until you understand the basics of the game and are familiar with the hero roster.