Buffing Reapers mobility without making him OP.

General Discussion
Lets be real here. Reaper mobility is a joke. He has 2 mobility based abilities, yet he isnt really considered a mobile hero. Unlike other heroes he has no true escape and his engage options are very limited and predictable as well. Thats why Reaper is only really effective if the fight comes to him.
Here are some suggestions which would make Reaper a better all around pick, without making him straight up better than anyone else.

1. Let him cancel wraith form early.
Suggested probably about a 1000 times already by the community. Its not OP. Mei can also come out of cryo freeze early and it heals her as well. Is that OP? I dont think so.

2. Give Reaper wall climb while in wraith form only
Not meant as a meme. He transforms into some kind of smoke, so it kind of fits the theme and makes it more applicable in more situations. Reaper needs the high ground to get into positions to do domething and shadow step is horrible, which can lead to suizide very often.

3. Let Reaper use shadow step while in wraith form.
This allows Reaper to use Shadow step safely as an escape or engage for the cost of burning 2 cooldowns. If he uses it as an engage he is fully commited because he wont have any escape anymore. But it could be a life safer to get away with shadow step and dont make it completely useless.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
'Are you mad?! Reaper is INSANE! He can destroy ENTIRE teams in a second. He is ridiculously strong! You are the problem here, period.'

- Silver Roadhog main

02/19/2018 05:36 AMPosted by Deykar
Suggested probably about a 1000 times already by the community. Its not OP. Mei can also come out of cryo freeze early and it heals her as well. Is that OP? I dont think so.

The developers also stated that it's not out of the question.

This allows Reaper to use Shadow step safely as an escape or engage for the cost of burning 2 cooldowns. If he uses it as an engage he is fully commited because he wont have any escape anymore. But it could be a life safer to get away with shadow step and dont make it completely useless.

A very creative idea, I like it.
I'd rather they replace Shadow Step with literally anything else

SS is slow, clunky, and flashy enough that you will attract attention if they see you, it's one of the weakest flanking tools in the game
My biggest issue with Reaper is currently his Shadow-Step.
Posted this a coupe of days ago, here's how I'd buff Reaper:
02/17/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Bendubz11
Shadow Step:
- Removal of decast time, as soon as Reaper appears in his new position he has free use of all his remaining kit
- During initial cast, there is a standardised decay in damage taken (ie pre-cast = 100% damage, half way through cast = 50% damage and so on)

Wraith form:
Build 1
- Wraith is now a cancelable ability
- Reaper can now move in any direction during Wraith, including vertically
- Wraith now lasts 2 seconds longer
- Reaper moves 5% faster during Wraith

Build 2
- Wraith is now cancelable
- During Wraith, a 3m radius black cloud obscures the enemy's view of Reaper and his teammates
- Reaper moves 10% faster during Wraith

Other changes:
- Reaper's spread is unchanged, but made more consistent
02/19/2018 05:43 AMPosted by Nox

Yeah i dont know why they made it this bad. Its like they are super scared that Reaper becomes too good, if his abilities arent bad. lol
02/19/2018 05:55 AMPosted by Deykar
02/19/2018 05:43 AMPosted by Nox

Yeah i dont know why they made it this bad. Its like they are super scared that Reaper becomes too good, if his abilities arent bad. lol

It really seems so, Reaper with Moira's Fade, would be pretty scary and probably OP.
But his Shadow-Step is way to clunky and wonky...
I rarely play Reaper and yes SS feels rather clunky. It is ok if you are already behind enemy flanks or before match but in actual combats it is suicidal.

Problem i see, if they did decide to buff his mobility, is that they would nerf his HP.
02/19/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Reitanna
I rarely play Reaper and yes SS feels rather clunky. It is ok if you are already behind enemy flanks or before match but in actual combats it is suicidal.

Problem i see, if they did decide to buff his mobility, is that they would nerf his HP.

Well, he also got a really big hitbox, so I think 250 hp will still be fine.
Lets be real here. Reaper mobility is a joke. He has 2 mobility based abilities, yet he isnt really considered a mobile hero. Unlike other heroes he has no true escape and his engage options are very limited and predictable as well. Thats why Reaper is only really effective if the fight comes to him.
Here are some suggestions which would make Reaper a better all around pick, without making him straight up better than anyone else.

2. Give Reaper wall climb while in wraith form only
Not meant as a meme. He transforms into some kind of smoke, so it kind of fits the theme and makes it more applicable in more situations. Reaper needs the high ground to get into positions to do domething and shadow step is horrible, which can lead to suizide very often.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I like the idea of him being able to SS while in Wraith. I don't think every hero needs mobility though as the game is getting more mobile with every new hero release.

Contrary to what a lot of people are saying, I find SS to be really useful. There are some helpful reaper mains on youtube with good tips for using the ability to its fullest potential but I a lot of players underestimate how impactful being able to teleport like 40 meters without any trace is. It's not meant to be an escape tool (because he's not a flanker), it's meant for repositioning.

I use reaper so obviously I'd welcome any buffs but I honestly don't think he's far off.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BitterEncouragingEggDAESuppy
02/19/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Reitanna

It's not meant to be used in combat. That's what his highest dps in the game is for (technically only lower than bastions). Reaper isn't a flanking hero he's more of a hide and pounce hero. Lurking around corners, using the map to tank for you, etc.. One of the most position based heroes. A lot of people like to play him like mccree or soldier and just shoot mindlessly from behind a rein shield.
Read the title and before opening the thread I thought how could Reaper's movement be easily improved without much change and I came up with what you suggested in point 3. I think it would help a lot (though I have little time on Reaper so what do I know?).
I say this since at least a year or more, and i will say it again.

- Wraith form: Literally useless. Theoretically it gives a speed boost, but technically, it doesn't give shet, and it is very predictable when will Reaper leave wraith form. (you just have to count). So it is only an ability which is postponing your death. It is even useless to go into the enemy team for an ult, since nowadays everyone knows what a Reaper has in mind if he is heading into the middle of your team.

Solution:
a.) Give Wraith form a bigger speed boost.
or
b.) Let Wraith form to be cancelled manually
c.) Make the wraith form more transparent. He isn't a wraith or ghost....he is a freaking huge black cloud of smoke. He is (should be) a flanker. Let him disappear from enemy eyes.

- Make the footsteps more silent. I can hear Reapers stalking around from the other side of the map.

02/19/2018 05:53 AMPosted by Bendubz11
Posted this a coupe of days ago, here's how I'd buff Reaper:
02/17/2018 10:17 AMPosted by Bendubz11
Shadow Step:
- Removal of decast time, as soon as Reaper appears in his new position he has free use of all his remaining kit
- During initial cast, there is a standardised decay in damage taken (ie pre-cast = 100% damage, half way through cast = 50% damage and so on)

Wraith form:
Build 1
- Wraith is now a cancelable ability
- Reaper can now move in any direction during Wraith, including vertically
- Wraith now lasts 2 seconds longer
- Reaper moves 5% faster during Wraith

Build 2
- Wraith is now cancelable
- During Wraith, a 3m radius black cloud obscures the enemy's view of Reaper and his teammates
- Reaper moves 10% faster during Wraith

Other changes:
- Reaper's spread is unchanged, but made more consistent

I like this! Nice job :)
02/19/2018 05:43 AMPosted by Flustered

SS is slow, clunky, and flashy enough that you will attract attention if they see you, it's one of the weakest flanking tools in the game

Gotta know how to use it, homie. His damage is devastating, so the ss is well balanced. I've never seen the best reapers using ss, cuz they're so sneaky with it.
you guys realize a more mobile reaper literally broke the game during the ana meta
02/19/2018 07:28 AMPosted by DBDchefdog
02/19/2018 05:43 AMPosted by Flustered

Gotta know how to use it, homie. His damage is devastating, so the ss is well balanced. I've never seen the best reapers using ss, cuz they're so sneaky with it.

Are you sarcastic or something?
...to go into the enemy team for an ult, since nowadays everyone knows what a Reaper has in mind if he is heading into the middle of your team.

I love exploiting this to pull out panic ults by bluffing an incoming death blossom. Pull out an enemy transcendence them come back and blossom for real :-)

Reaper feels too slow in wraith form. He is massless (floating) so he should be hauling !@# during it. Shadow step gets "caught" on map geometry all the time, can't even go downslope with it half the time because it just sticks to the nearby top edge! Allowing it to be aimed like Meteor Strike would fix all its problems. Change the animation from a smoke cloud to rising out of the ground as well so it isn't like shooting a flare off announcing your position.
You can't make Wraith Form a cancel-able, that would make him OP, plus I would imagine if you did that then one could argue that it should be more easily countered, i.e. knocking him out of wraith form should be possible.

1. Instead, give him a speed buff while in Wraith Form, not as fast as Moira but maybe +50% for the duration. That would allow him to drop in and out of ganking people much easier.

2. Shadow Step - what should be amazing is a suck-y skill. It take way too long to execute and more importantly, Reaper is vulnerable while going into and coming out of it. Decrease the cast time and that should also increase his survivability.

3. Reduce the sound of his footsteps to near zero. Even better, there should be some change to the ambient sound when he's approaching or nearby that would be a clue but this too should be quite soft. His kit is built on ganking, you can't gank when they hear you coming.
Reaper is like never mentioned by the devs.
i think wraith form would be pretty cool if it was more similar to moiras fade, allowing him to zip around combat and hard disengage if he needs to. maybe put it on a resource meter that he can cancel with a 4-5 second cooldown between usages so that he cant blink and reload constantly. also let him go through people when he wraith forms.
not sure what to do with teleport tho it needs something but dont know what