Can you guys please take a look at ultimates

General Discussion
Ever since the ultimate changes, has the game become somewhat more unbalanced and inconsistent.

Losing an already thrown projectile ultimate with heroes like Mei and Tracer shouldn't be erased out of existence:
https://streamable.com/kpw7z

And not to mention that there are heroes who has to their ultimate in the team fight.
Heroes like Lucio and Reinhardt.

Please reconsider the changes from the Junkenstein 2017 event. They're not really doing much good for this game because of how inconsistent and unfair they are for some heroes. Not all heroes are alike.

Edit:
My suggestions to fix this:
  • Have projectile ultimates act like a Grenade. Once stunned, will it drop on the ground.
  • or reduce the cast time on projectile ultimates. I'm talking about the cast time and NOT the cast animation.
    If you can reduce the cast to the point when the projectile is thrown, will it feel less consistent.
  • Make ultimates like Reinhardt's and Lucio's ultimate invulnerable to stuns.
Mei and Tracer don’t lose their ultimates after they are out. It’s latency, and nothing else. Lucio or Reinhardt messing up their Ultimate cast is a mistake, and should be treated as such. Instead of complaining about dying while casting Sound Barrier, maybe learn how to get it off without dying. Not all heroes are alike, sure. So what? The change wasn’t supposed to effect all heroes the same way. Instead of complaining about dying during your Ultimate’s cast time, maybe you should learn how to use it without dying.
The reason why quite a few of players wanted this nerf was for having to counter genj's ultimate 3-4 times, but what happened? He's one of the few not effected by it and SPECIFICALLY changed to not get nerfed. Also one of the few that doesn't need to be in the middle of the team fight to use his ult unlike Lucio or rein.

Turns out that nerfing already under powered, unused heroes like Mei was more important.
the change is really terrible for lucio, mei, reinhardt players.

i agree that they need to rebalance the whole thing.
02/19/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Bloggerman
Losing an already thrown projectile ultimate with heroes like Mei and Tracer shouldn't be erased out of existence:
https://streamable.com/kpw7z

Stunned during cast animation. Yes, it disappears here.

Make a video where the animation fully completes and then get stunned. See what happens.
02/19/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Miscanadian
He's one of the few not effected by it and SPECIFICALLY changed to not get nerfed
JUST STOP THE FREAKING GENJI HATE TRAIN. He didn't get "special treatment" he got his ultimate fixed. All other transformations didn't stop when stunned but his did. So they fixed it. He still loses ult the second he pushes the button. If you kill him right then, he loses it. Before, he would just respawn with it ready.
02/19/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Terranguard
02/19/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Miscanadian
He's one of the few not effected by it and SPECIFICALLY changed to not get nerfed
JUST STOP THE FREAKING GENJI HATE TRAIN. He didn't get "special treatment" he got his ultimate fixed. All other transformations didn't stop when stunned but his did. So they fixed it. He still loses ult the second he pushes the button. If you kill him right then, he loses it. Before, he would just respawn with it ready.
But why should transformation ultimates get a special treatment?
They are already considered the most powerful type of ultimates because they buff the character's kit.
  • Genji becomes faster and can use all of his abilities. On top of that has he gained a melee attack that does 120 damage.
  • Soldier can aimbot safely from a distance and when in danger can he heal himself.
  • Bastion shoot rockets instead of bullets and can constantly heal himself.
    (This is weakest transformation ultimate btw.)

Won't you agree with me that projectiles, an independent object in the game, should be the one that remains active when the caster was stunned? Or act like a grenade at least?
Yeah I look at them constantly. Specially auto-destruct, it's hard to miss.
02/19/2018 10:08 AMPosted by ZekeShining
I'm sorry, but auto-destruct?

Do you mean Dva's ultimate?
it affect genji negatively in any way? no? no changed needed then.

yeah it was sarcasm, still sound so true when the dev's stance about ults keeps this way.
02/19/2018 10:21 AMPosted by MadSkull

yeah it was sarcasm, still sound so true when the dev's stance about ults keeps this way.
It's weird how transformation ultimates got a free pass, but other more weaker and slower ultimates don't.
02/19/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Bloggerman
02/19/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Terranguard
...JUST STOP THE FREAKING GENJI HATE TRAIN. He didn't get "special treatment" he got his ultimate fixed. All other transformations didn't stop when stunned but his did. So they fixed it. He still loses ult the second he pushes the button. If you kill him right then, he loses it. Before, he would just respawn with it ready.
But why should transformation ultimates get a special treatment?
They are already considered the most powerful type of ultimates because they buff the character's kit.
  • Genji becomes faster and can use all of his abilities. On top of that has he gained a melee attack that does 120 damage.
  • Soldier can aimbot safely from a distance and when in danger can he heal himself.
  • Bastion shoot rockets instead of bullets and can constantly heal himself.
    (This is weakest transformation ultimate btw.)

Won't you agree with me that projectiles, an independent object in the game, should be the one that remains active when the caster was stunned? Or act like a grenade at least?
If you haven't noticed they last 6 to 15 seconds. The only channeled ults I can think of that last that long are Roadhog's and Moira's. If you could stun them at any point in the middle they would immediately not see use ever. If you mean during the transformation, expect Bastion to disappear. His transformation is already incredibly long, don't make it worse.

and as for the projectile thing, that's an entirely different issue than transformation ults. They shouldn't disappear once thrown, that is my opinion.
02/19/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Bloggerman

It's weird how transformation ultimates got a free pass, but other more weaker and slower ultimates don't.
they last 6 to 15 seconds. the only channeled ults I can think of that are that long is Roadhog's and Moira's. If you could stun them anywhere in the middle they would be super underpowered. And if you mean in the transformation phase, expect tankmode to never be used. It has the longest transform time and it makes him unable to move.

If you kill him the second he pushes the button he doesn't respawn with it. All transformations but his didn't get canceled by a stun so they fixed it. It isn't special treatment it's normal treatment. You like consistency don't you? Well there it is.
02/19/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Bloggerman
02/19/2018 10:08 AMPosted by ZekeShining
I'm sorry, but auto-destruct?

Do you mean Dva's ultimate?
He might be using google translate. I see a ton of those on the forums.
02/19/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Terranguard
If you kill him the second he pushes the button he doesn't respawn with it. All transformations but his didn't get canceled by a stun so they fixed it. It isn't special treatment it's normal treatment. You like consistency don't you? Well there it is.

There isnt problem there, if you kill some hero when he is starting to ult, he lose his ult charge, everyone has the same treatment, the issue is when certain ults (curiously popular heroes) they are stunned, froze, interruped, hacked etc.. in the first sec of casting and can still using them after that and continue the rampage, while others ults with a super slow cast time (Mei/Lucio) or when the ult was deployed already and stuck on the hero or ground (Mei/Tracer) totally dissapear out of existence with no effect.
02/19/2018 10:47 AMPosted by MadSkull
02/19/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Terranguard

There isnt problem there, if you kill some hero when he is starting to ult, he lose his ult charge, everyone has the same treatment, the issue is when certain ults (curiously popular heroes) they are stunned, froze, interruped, hacked etc.. in the first sec of casting and can still using them after that and continue the rampage, while others ults with a super slow cast time (Mei/Lucio) or when the ult was deployed already and stuck on the hero or ground (Mei/Tracer) totally dissapear out of existence with no effect.
Transformation ults last 6 to 15 seconds. the only channeled ults I can think of that are that long is Roadhog's and Moira's. If you could stun them anywhere in the middle and have them stop they would be super underpowered. And if you mean in the transformation phase, expect tankmode to never be used. It has the longest transform time and it makes him unable to move.

and as I said before, the whole projectile disappearing thing is an entirely different problem. It needs fixing.