To all the people saying “if Moira is nerfed I’ll quit”

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
I'm shocked that OP is a Tracer main, who would guess?!
02/20/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Edsoulman
I have no problem with counters. But why shouldn’t they have to aim? It’s bad game design to have low skill high reward heroes. It’s essentially a repeat of what was happened with Junkrat a couple of months ago.

The first step to countering a hero who relies on being hard to hit is not giving a damn if they jump around all over the place, aka a char (or an ability, like highly skilled flashbang) with lower aim restriction. If you don't like chars who have an easier time aiming, first you have to remove all chars with an easier time dodging.
We were basically promised that once the wicked witch Mercy was nerfed everything would be all happiness with rainbows and bunnies. Now be quiet and learn to deal with supports like supports need to learn to deal with gorillas, time traveling British people, Japanese ninjas, and Pacific Rim wannabe Koreans.
02/20/2018 04:03 AMPosted by PsychoPuff
02/20/2018 03:57 AMPosted by Clonedpickle

Oh.. Would you look at that your top hero played is Genji.. Man you Genji players sure know how to complain.. If you bum rush Moira in a small room you're asking to die but if you catch her in an open room, Genji has the advantage, maybe you should learn to counter her then spending your time being a keyboard warrior on the forums.

Maybe you should look my comp times I mostly plays Healer and Tanks.
I was a Moira otp during season 7 and got boosted from 2000 sr to 2400 sr but I just look qp times (that doesn't mean anything btw coz qp is just a !@#$fest) but not the comp times that really matter.
Try again butthurted mercy main

GASP! Boosted from 2000 to 2400, I change my mind Moira is flat out BROKEN! /s

Moira is weak to burst damage and/or range. Like I said above bum rushing her in a small room is asking for death since her orbs have smaller travel time. Get her in a bigger room when her orbs have more travel time and it's open season on her. God forbid DPS players have to use cation against someone.. I'm actually a tank/support player but I do take being a Mercy main as a compliment, thanks!
02/20/2018 03:41 AMPosted by Edsoulman
You’re really going to throw all your toys out of the pram and have a cry if an overtuned Hero is nerfed?
Why not? A lot of Mercy players did. There are Hanzo players swearing the same thing about Scatter. I'm sure Genji players would.

Actually, anyone would. Some people are just dramatic.
02/20/2018 04:28 AMPosted by AdunSaveMe
You’re really going to throw all your toys out of the pram and have a cry if an overtuned Hero is nerfed?
Why not? A lot of Mercy players did. There are Hanzo players swearing the same thing about Scatter. I'm sure Genji players would.

Actually, anyone would. Some people are just dramatic.

Hanzo is getting compensation, it's not a nerf.

Genji isn't overtuned or overpowered, there's no reason to change him.

Moira is overtuned and needs to be brought inline with Mercy.
02/20/2018 04:20 AMPosted by Tarshaid
02/20/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Edsoulman
I have no problem with counters. But why shouldn’t they have to aim? It’s bad game design to have low skill high reward heroes. It’s essentially a repeat of what was happened with Junkrat a couple of months ago.

The first step to countering a hero who relies on being hard to hit is not giving a damn if they jump around all over the place, aka a char (or an ability, like highly skilled flashbang) with lower aim restriction. If you don't like chars who have an easier time aiming, first you have to remove all chars with an easier time dodging.
this ^
Also, tracer is more powerful than Moira, especially on console
Enjoy another 12 months of playing and watching Dive meta if Moira gets nerfed.

Be careful what you wish for.
02/20/2018 03:42 AMPosted by SiROSTRiKE

Your going to have a hissy fit if your crutch is taken away?

That’s pretty sad. Infact that’s downright pathetic.

You know, we could make the same argument about Genji.

You know we we could make the same argument about Tracer
For the love of god moira is fine! just because you can't deflect her beam and get sucked to death doesn't mean she's op omfg. Try playing moira against a good mccree or soldier and see if your 30hp regen is gonna help you... try playing moira against a good widow, try playing moira against roadhog or reinhardt and see how well it goes...
Even when you play against Genji or D.VA you have to be very carrefull about what you do! You just can't throw your orb anytime you want, you have to be carefull not to have it deflected back at you or eaten by D.VA.
Then if Genji want to ult you, you also have to be really carefull about when to teleport away from him or else you are dead.
Also when you use her ult you are actually more vulnerable because you can't teleport and use your orb anymore, experienced player will wait for you to ult and take the opportunity to kill you (i hate playing moira against rein for that reason). And her ult is not THAT good at healing, most of the time if you are caught in a zarya ult your team will be dead.
jesus i swear people that complain about her have never played her.

And ultimately the reason why a lots of people say they will quit the game or stop playing healer altogether if moira is nerfed is because she counter genji and tracer who both needs to be nerfed/have more counters and it'll be so obvious that they are extremely biased toward these heroes and want the game to be DPSwatch if they do...
02/20/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Clonedpickle
02/20/2018 04:03 AMPosted by PsychoPuff

Maybe you should look my comp times I mostly plays Healer and Tanks.
I was a Moira otp during season 7 and got boosted from 2000 sr to 2400 sr but I just look qp times (that doesn't mean anything btw coz qp is just a !@#$fest) but not the comp times that really matter.
Try again butthurted mercy main

Moira is weak to burst damage and/or range. Like I said above bum rushing her in a small room is asking for death since her orbs have smaller travel time. Get her in a bigger room when her orbs have more travel time and it's open season on her. God forbid DPS players have to use cation against someone.. I'm actually a tank/support player but I do take being a Mercy main as a compliment, thanks!

She's not weak to burst damage.
If she were weak to burst damage she will be countered by Genji and surprise Genji doesn't counter her .
McCree gets !@#$ed by Moira on 1v1
Same for Zen
Only Junkrat can burst her easily
02/20/2018 04:31 AMPosted by Luca

Mercy has the second lowest win rate of all supports since her nerf.

How come "bringing someone in line" always seems to mean bringing them down?
02/20/2018 04:35 AMPosted by QuizzyBunny
02/20/2018 04:31 AMPosted by Luca

Mercy has the second lowest win rate of all supports since her nerf.

How come "bringing someone in line" always seems to mean bringing them down?

Mercy is struggling right now because Moira is overtuned.

Bring Moira inline with Mercy then bring Ana inline with them.

It doesn't mean bring them down, in Moira's case it does.
We've heard this with Dva, with Mercy, etc. They won't quit, they might even be annoyed enough that they don't play her(like some have done with Mercy) but most people won't stop playing the game over one character.

Moira also isn't polarizing like Mercy is. Some of the people who played Mercy could have been maining that character for two entire years so their personal frustration is understandable. Moira while even being a character that I love has been out for a couple months. While people may say they are concerned for a larger "nerf supports" narrative her being changed causing people to leave is just bluster. Look at the PTR Sombra changes and how they will screw over Lucio. There is a support who's truly seeing a nerf through a counter by another character and the forums are practically silent.

People don't actually care and the majority of complaints are from a specific forum group. I personally believe that Moira is another tier higher than all of the other supports but I don't feel she should be touched as long as Ana and Mercy remain in the state that they're in. Only after changes to them should we see if Moira is still overtuned and evaluate what small tweaks should be made. I can't envision anything other than a slight reduction in her self heal from biotic grasp or a slight reduction in her resource meter so she doesn't blow Ana and Mercy out of the water in healing.
God forbid DPS players have to switch to counter a healer rather than the other way round constantly
02/20/2018 04:25 AMPosted by Clonedpickle

She's not weak to burst damage.
If she were weak to burst damage she will be countered by Genji and surprise Genji doesn't counter her .
McCree gets !@#$ed by Moira on 1v1
Same for Zen
Only Junkrat can burst her easily

What the...
are you for real?
Tracer/Genji mains have no right to an opinion on Moira
02/20/2018 04:33 AMPosted by Stormrage101
Enjoy another 12 months of playing and watching Dive meta if Moira gets nerfed.

Be careful what you wish for.

Sombra will counters every dive hero and a deathball with Moira,Rein/Orisa,Zarya,Lucio and Junk can destroy easily dive add a hero that counters everything in dive and you got the ultimate dive destroyer.

And remember the real weak point of the dive is that it's based on a synergy between the 2 dive Tanks if one tanks get killed the dive become far much weaker and if you can kill the Genji with Dva or Winston you can win the teamfight
Well, I wouldn't quit if she is nerfed. Quitting the game over 1 hero getting nerfed seems silly to me.

It would just be wrong. Moira is fine. Maybe if you devoted your time into learning how to counter her instead of coming on here to make another useless post, she would no longer be an issue for you.
02/20/2018 04:36 AMPosted by Luca
Mercy is struggling right now because Moira is overtuned.

I can't believe this.

You all actually have the gall to use the exact same argument that people used to get Mercy nerfed to get another support gutted?

So what, Moira gets nerfed and when Mercy has 0,002 higher win rate she's nerfed again because she's better?

Meanwhile we let Ana stew in the bottom without any kinds of buffs so we can always point to her and say "If only the other supports sucked more people would play Ana!".

Come back when you have any actual fact based arguments to discuss, I'm done here.