To all the people saying “if Moira is nerfed I’ll quit”

General Discussion
02/20/2018 04:45 AMPosted by QuizzyBunny
You all actually have the gall to use the exact same argument that people used to get Mercy nerfed to get another support gutted?

Ah yes, since unless a support is overtuned or overpowered they're useless and when they stop being overtuned or overpowered they're gutted.
Awwww poor Tracer main. Moira giving you a hard time? =(

Well, you know...if you're being countered....you could always.....

swap off Tracer
02/20/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Edsoulman

I have no problem with counters. But why shouldn’t they have to aim? It’s bad game design to have low skill high reward heroes. It’s essentially a repeat of what was happened with Junkrat a couple of months ago.
If you have a problem with auto locking characters Symetra is a lot lot worse. Once she latches onto you unless you have mobility you're done.
OP, show me where someone said they are going to quit game if Moira gets nerfed.

Realistically what would happen is that less people are going to pick support.
I want to see you, OP, when nobody heals you anymore.
02/20/2018 03:41 AMPosted by Edsoulman
You’re really going to throw all your toys out of the pram and have a cry if an overtuned Hero is nerfed?

I have never seen a “if Moira is nerfed I’ll quit” thread.
+ she isn't overtuned. But it's funny, every time I see someone saying that Moira is "overtuned" or OP, I just look at their profile and see that they have zero experience with her.
02/20/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Crestren
02/20/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Edsoulman

I have no problem with counters. But why shouldn’t they have to aim? It’s bad game design to have low skill high reward heroes. It’s essentially a repeat of what was happened with Junkrat a couple of months ago.

So by your logic, how about winston. So when is Winstons nerf coming then? I mean, he doesnt need aim at all because he doesnt need aim at all, its AoE, we should make it pixel perfect just like Zaryas.

Winston is one of the most balanced tanks in the game, but by using your logic of needing to aim, hes a low skill high reward as well, which apparently means he needs a nerf because hes 'overtuned'.

Winston is harder to use for me.
02/20/2018 04:33 AMPosted by Stormrage101
Enjoy another 12 months of playing and watching Dive meta if Moira gets nerfed.

Be careful what you wish for.

That is a valid point actually - well said.

I do, however, wish they would slightly rebalance and do something about that damn damage orb though - it just feels so cheap to use and play against.

Either make the lash radius reduced, have a 'damage fall off' the further you are away from the orb or just reduce its lifespan (total amount of damage it can deal before it disappears).

With the above, then shift that power into the healing orb in some way (wider lash radius, more lifespan etc...) to make it a viable alternative to the damage orb.

When I play as Moire, there seems to be very few times where it is beneficial to use the healing orb over the damage orb.
02/20/2018 04:02 AMPosted by Fullmetal
You’re really going to throw all your toys out of the pram and have a cry if an overtuned Hero is nerfed?

Your going to have a hissy fit if your crutch is taken away?

That’s pretty sad. Infact that’s downright pathetic.

And what your advice,which should people choose after nerf? They nerfed mercy instead buff others. If they nerfed tracer\genji, there are still sombra, doomfist, mcree, widow and etc. Support role become more garbage.

Even if Moira is OP, still, a few people would want to play support.
02/20/2018 04:17 AMPosted by Bergmaniac
The OP spending all day here whining about Moira and throwing a hissy fit every time someone mentions Zarya and Moira in the same sentence is the actual pathetic thing here.

Lol, the only pathetic thing here is your SR.
She is OP, she should be nerfed.
02/20/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Edsoulman

You couldnt bring up a better argument.

But instead you bring up rank shaming?

I dont even think you even know the definition of pathetic anymore.

Because clearly you are the embodiment of pathetic.
02/20/2018 04:36 AMPosted by Luca
Mercy is struggling right now because Moira is overtuned.

Bring Moira inline with Mercy then bring Ana inline with them.

It doesn't mean bring them down, in Moira's case it does.

Mercy is struggling because she now has the worst ultimate in the game and instant res is unfun to play against while cast time res is unfun to use.
Another flanker main. Nothing to see here folks, move on. This is just bait.
02/20/2018 03:42 AMPosted by SiROSTRiKE

Your going to have a hissy fit if your crutch is taken away?

That’s pretty sad. Infact that’s downright pathetic.

You know, we could make the same argument about Genji.
Your acting as if OP would do that if it was Genji.
02/20/2018 05:03 AMPosted by Edsoulman
02/20/2018 04:17 AMPosted by Bergmaniac
The OP spending all day here whining about Moira and throwing a hissy fit every time someone mentions Zarya and Moira in the same sentence is the actual pathetic thing here.

Maybe this statement could carry a bit more weight, if it came from a mouth of a Master/Gm player, instead of a Tracer one-trick, who is stuck in the plat to low diamond limbo.

SR shaming goes both ways, after all.
You’re really going to throw all your toys out of the pram

what the hell kind of tea-swilling, crumpet munching slang is this
02/20/2018 05:10 AMPosted by tobimadara
Maybe this statement could carry a bit more weight, if it came from a mouth of a Master/Gm player, instead of a Tracer one-trick, who is stuck in the plat to low diamond limbo.

SR shaming goes both ways, after all.

You're statement would carry a a bit more weight if you weren't silver yourself.

Nice attempt at hiding your SR though.
02/20/2018 04:31 AMPosted by Luca
Moira is overtuned and needs to be brought inline with Mercy.
Have you tried not being bad?
[quote="207603284265"]Mercy is struggling right now because Moira is overtuned.

Bring Moira inline with Mercy then bring Ana inline with them.

It doesn't mean bring them down, in Moira's case it does.

Mercy is struggling because she now has the worst ultimate in the game and instant res is unfun to play against while cast time res is unfun to use.[/quote

Doomfist have an ultimate far worse than Mercy.
And Valkyrie is weak only because it's weaker than Moira's healing output
That’s pretty sad.

i said the same exact thing when i saw this post