To all the people saying “if Moira is nerfed I’ll quit”

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
02/20/2018 05:13 AMPosted by AdunSaveMe
02/20/2018 04:31 AMPosted by Luca
Moira is overtuned and needs to be brought inline with Mercy.
Have you tried not being bad?

I don't think you're qualified to give that advice, Mr. Gold Dropout
02/20/2018 05:13 AMPosted by PsychoPuff

Doomfist have an ultimate far worse than Mercy.
And Valkyrie is weak only because it's weaker than Moira's healing output

Two heroes, two different uses, two different categories.

Valkyrie is pathetic not because of the healing, its pathetic because its boring. You fly for 15s, spectate and babysit your team from above, from the fight and just left and right click the entire time. Even rez has a casting time and one able to rez once. Does that sound fun, at all? Congrats you upgraded from a Guardian Angel to a Flying Babysitter.

Yeah, its nothing to do with Moira, its just Mercy's ult is just pathetic as she is.
02/20/2018 05:13 AMPosted by AdunSaveMe
02/20/2018 04:31 AMPosted by Luca
Moira is overtuned and needs to be brought inline with Mercy.
Have you tried not being bad?

That moment when someone less than half my SR tells me to 'try not being bad'
02/20/2018 04:35 AMPosted by PsychoPuff

She's not weak to burst damage.
If she were weak to burst damage she will be countered by Genji and surprise Genji doesn't counter her .
McCree gets !@#$ed by Moira on 1v1
Same for Zen
Only Junkrat can burst her easily

Since you're talking on a 1v1 level here..
Genji has more mobility and can out range Moira with his shurikens, he can do headshot damage with no damage falloff
McCree has more range and can combo with stun+FTH, he can also do headshot damage
Zen has more range while discording her to increase his own damage and hold right click he can burst her down with it charged. He also can do headshot damage.

So unless your aiming is terrible or are terrible just in general, you shouldn't be having trouble with those three against Moira.
I'm not quitting if she gets nerfed, I'm becoming a DPS main. So I'm just throwing 6... 5 toys out.
02/20/2018 05:17 AMPosted by Luca

or the "this is my level 11 smurf and my real account is T500 because I say it is" moment
02/20/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Crestren
02/20/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Edsoulman

I have no problem with counters. But why shouldn’t they have to aim? It’s bad game design to have low skill high reward heroes. It’s essentially a repeat of what was happened with Junkrat a couple of months ago.

So by your logic, how about winston. So when is Winstons nerf coming then? I mean, he doesnt need aim at all because he doesnt need aim at all, its AoE, we should make it pixel perfect just like Zaryas.

Winston is one of the most balanced tanks in the game, but by using your logic of needing to aim, hes a low skill high reward as well, which apparently means he needs a nerf because hes 'overtuned'.
Counterpoint: Trigonometry.

When your opponent moves, the angle you need to shift to get a hit is bigger, when your target is closer to you.

Short range hero's (like Winston or Symmetra) need to have a way to deal with that.

However, considering that medium range heros (like Zarya) don't get that advantage, I don't see why Moira should.

(don't get me wrong - I would <3 that Zarya gets that. I love her playstyle, but I never play her as my aim is not sufficient)
02/20/2018 04:12 AMPosted by Luca
02/20/2018 03:42 AMPosted by SiROSTRiKE
You know, we could make the same argument about Genji.

Difference is Genji isn't overtuned. He's a C Tier pick...

So is Moira. Her pick rate in high end competitive is squarely below 50% atm. Thats C tier.

02/20/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Qube
<span class="truncated">...</span>

So by your logic, how about winston. So when is Winstons nerf coming then? I mean, he doesnt need aim at all because he doesnt need aim at all, its AoE, we should make it pixel perfect just like Zaryas.

Winston is one of the most balanced tanks in the game, but by using your logic of needing to aim, hes a low skill high reward as well, which apparently means he needs a nerf because hes 'overtuned'.
Counterpoint: Trigonometry.

When your opponent moves, the angle you need to shift to get a hit is bigger, when your target is closer to you.

Short range hero's (like Winston or Symmetra) need to have a way to deal with that.

However, considering that medium range heros (like Zarya) don't get that advantage, I don't see why Moira should.

(don't get me wrong - I would <3 that Zarya gets that. I love her playstyle, but I never play her as my aim is not sufficient)

Zarya's beam has a notably wider hitbox at high charge. At max charge it is almost as forgiving as Moira.
02/20/2018 05:20 AMPosted by VitamiX
02/20/2018 05:17 AMPosted by Luca

or the "this is my level 11 smurf and my real account is T500 because I say it is" moment

Main right here-

https://prnt.sc/ihbu4u

So is Moira. Her pick rate in high end competitive is squarely below 50% atm. Thats C tier.

...Counterpoint: Trigonometry.

Zarya's beam has a notably wider hitbox at high charge. At max charhe it is almost as forgiving as Moira.

That's c tier in Pro play.
She has the same pickrate as Dva who is a S tier hero. (It will be fallacious to compare it with Mercy because she got 99% pr for two weeks in february)
Genji have the same pickrate as Zen/Roadhog/McCree/Junkrat
02/20/2018 04:54 AMPosted by Reitanna
OP, show me where someone said they are going to quit game if Moira gets nerfed.

Realistically what would happen is that less people are going to pick support.
I want to see you, OP, when nobody heals you anymore.

Ok.

02/07/2018 11:10 AMPosted by NotSure
I'm in the same boat, and will definitely quit this game if moira is nerfed.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761636730#post-15

01/14/2018 08:22 AMPosted by vXVanityXv
As everyone is saying, it most likely Moira.

If they do nerf her, that's when I quit, since it'll be obvious then who Blizzard really caters to.

02/07/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Creasy007
Right there with you - I'll absolutely quit the game on principle if she gets nerfed, while stuff like Hanzo's scatter arrow still exists in its current state. I do love this game, and Moira revitalized my interest in it even further, but if they do that, I just have to quit on principle.

Would you like to see more? Because there’s plenty more.

...Counterpoint: Trigonometry.

Zarya's beam has a notably wider hitbox at high charge. At max charge it is almost as forgiving as Moira.

But it's not that's easy to maintain that charge
I am starting to think that the bunny that we see in Moira's introduction video must have been Luca's pet and that's why he is spending all day here complaining about her.

Considering that the difference between Moira and Zarya is that one is more focused on DPS while the other is because its tied to her healing.

Zarya's DPS gets higher the more charge she has, so balancing wise it makes sense, because just imagine, a fully charged Zarya with a soft lock, thats scary.

Moira's DPS is tied to her healing, its the lowest of the game, 50 DPS, and it is needed to replenish her healing resource. Can you imagine if it WAS pixel perfect? That would just cripple her gathering of resource even more. It has 20m range, but its the lowest DPS in the game that still at least requires you to have good tracking.

Different heroes are balanced out differently especially when it comes to why theyre designed that way. But you did bring up good points when it came to weapons like Winston and Symmetra.

If Moira was entirely made to DPS like Zarya, then it would seem fair it needs to be fixed like Zaryas. But its not because of different circumstances.
there is no way they gonna nerf like Mercy.
Just nerf her survivability a bit and he is fine
Guys, please think of Edsoulman's health before mentioning Zarya and Moira in the same sentence, the poor guy may well have a stroke if you keep doing it.
She’s not over-tuned. She is balanced.
But- nerfing a balanced hero would just be stupid, so I could understand why Moira mains would be upset.

I guess technically I'm a "Moira main" but shes actually one of my least played heroes overall between all my accounts this season. She's probably one of the most balanced though from all the heroes brought out after release.

Plus, fix Ana before you break another support. Thanks.
02/20/2018 03:47 AMPosted by PsychoPuff
They're just the same salty Mercy mains as before.
But now they play Moira because she's as easy as Mercy and she's op too.
That's why you replace Moira by Mercy and "Moira is balanced" threads are just a copy/paste of "Mercy is balanced" threads

Leave Mercy and Mercy mains out of this. One of my friends is a Genji main and now he's playing a lot of Moira... And I used to be Mercy main but now I don't play at all. To think that Moira players are all former Mercy mains is foolish and inaccurate... AND TOXIC!
02/20/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Xengamun
Am I the only one who thinks Moira is technically free kill especially as mcCree and Reaper?
But that would require genjis and tracers to switch, and that's a no-no in their genji and tracer (hitbox-sized?) minds.