To all the people saying “if Moira is nerfed I’ll quit”

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
02/20/2018 05:54 AMPosted by Vacunation
02/20/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Xengamun
Am I the only one who thinks Moira is technically free kill especially as mcCree and Reaper?
But that would require genjis and tracers to switch, and that's a no-no in their genji and tracer (hitbox-sized?) minds.

It’s also hideously incorrect
"To all the people saying they will quit if Moira is nerfed"
Nobody has said this...

/thread over, we can move on now.
02/20/2018 04:36 AMPosted by Luca
Mercy is struggling right now because Moira is overtuned.

Actually, she's struggling because she got a rework no-one asked for, which failed it's intended purpose and only succeeded in making Mercy underpowered and unfun.
02/20/2018 05:58 AMPosted by SiROSTRiKE
02/20/2018 04:36 AMPosted by Luca
Mercy is struggling right now because Moira is overtuned.

Actually, she's struggling because she got a rework no-one asked for, which failed it's intended purpose and only succeeded in making Mercy underpowered and unfun.
I'm really frustrated Jeff thinks Res can be balanced. It simply can't because no matter what you do either the enemy or Mercy is going to be unhappy with it. I just want it gone. Please Jeff, put me out of my misery.
02/20/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Bex
I'm really frustrated Jeff thinks Res can be balanced. It simply can't because no matter what you do either the enemy or Mercy is going to be unhappy with it. I just want it gone. Please Jeff, put me out of my misery.

It shouldn't be removed. Rez is the only thing that makes Mercy unique. That's one of the MANY reasons it should have stayed as her ultimate.

Revert it to being her ult, and she'll be balanced. Because "not fun to play against" is not a valid argument, as no ultimate should be fun to play against. Nothing should be balanced around "how fun it is to play against."

Right now, the ONLY thing Mercy offers that no other support can is Rez. And even that sucks.
Take away that, and she'll never be picked again. Keep it as is, and she'll still forever remain underpowered and underpicked.
anything that challenges the supreme dominance of Genji or Tracer in this game WILL be nerfed, because it threatens e-sports money.
The only issue I have is with her range, but I know why she needs it, not sure about her orbs either, it feels like they can get you around corners, upside down inside out 3 miles away. But I know they can't.

My most played Heroes are McCree and Widow, both of which can take her out fairly easily, but again, it's her range, but I know she needs it to actually be able to heal and deal damage.
I would be pissed if she got nerfed before Genji or Tracer did. I'm not saying that either of them are OP, but they're in a similar if not better position than Moira.
02/20/2018 06:15 AMPosted by SiROSTRiKE
It shouldn't be removed. Rez is the only thing that makes Mercy unique. That's one of the MANY reasons it should have stayed as her ultimate.

Revert it to being her ult, and she'll be balanced. Because "not fun to play against" is not a valid argument, as no ultimate should be fun to play against. Nothing should be balanced around "how fun it is to play against."

Right now, the ONLY thing Mercy offers that no other support can is Rez. And even that sucks.
Take away that, and she'll never be picked again. Keep it as is, and she'll still forever remain underpowered and underpicked.
I like how you're effectively saying 'No, don't listen to them' lol. If it was her ult again and I could res three people at once that'd be awesome. I do get a feeling deep down looking at old footage.

I'm getting pretty jaded from all of the comments complaining about her. I love her mobility and managing health bars so I just want people to stop picking on me.
02/20/2018 06:08 AMPosted by Bex
02/20/2018 05:58 AMPosted by SiROSTRiKE

Honestly, if I were in charge of Mercy I would turn Valk into an E ability, for 10 seconds she flies around freely with 5% boost to her healing and damage beams on a 30 second cooldown which starts after Valk is over, open to tweaking but start from there. As for Res make it her ult, limit the AoE and give it cast time for starters while also tweaking it here and there.

No matter what people are going to hate on Mercy cause she can res all the 'hard work' DPS players do. This is not just Mercy tho all the supports get barked on if something goes poorly and I'll defend them in game if they are pulling their weight or if they are clearly trying their best. As a Reinhardt player I try to protect supports the best of my abilities.

So is Moira. Her pick rate in high end competitive is squarely below 50% atm. Thats C tier.

Zarya's beam has a notably wider hitbox at high charge. At max charhe it is almost as forgiving as Moira.

That's c tier in Pro play.
She has the same pickrate as Dva who is a S tier hero. (It will be fallacious to compare it with Mercy because she got 99% pr for two weeks in february)
Genji have the same pickrate as Zen/Roadhog/McCree/Junkrat

Bruh. You cant call Moira a S tier hero then genji a C tier. Where did A and B go?

The difference in pickrate is literally 0.8% at GM.

Also that makes Tracer a S tier hero as well. Along with Zenyatta.
02/20/2018 03:41 AMPosted by Edsoulman
You’re really going to throw all your toys out of the pram and have a cry if an overtuned Hero is nerfed?

Your going to have a hissy fit if your crutch is taken away?

That’s pretty sad. Infact that’s downright pathetic.
This is why dps players get bad rep.
02/20/2018 03:41 AMPosted by Edsoulman
You’re really going to throw all your toys out of the pram and have a cry if an overtuned Hero is nerfed?

Your going to have a hissy fit if your crutch is taken away?

That’s pretty sad. Infact that’s downright pathetic.

What's more pathetic is how you've gone into every nerf Moira thread essentially just going "Yeah man, these other guys are stupid, you're so right." As the thread has 300 downvotes, every reply disagrees, and every single point made against her has been disproven with no counterargument.

We get it, you suck at Tracer and you want Moira nerfed to pad your stats more.