Lets talk about the most OP ult in the game: Dragonblade

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
02/13/2018 07:58 PMPosted by SenseiSensei
Okay clearly you're not going to change your mind but I will give you a quick math lesson about this one.

Genji's Blade is 120 dmg/slash
Moira's Regen is 50 dmg/sec

So first slash, Moira is down to 80 health, assuming her beams is on someone for a the entire time after the slash before the next, she'll be up to just over 130 hp (Genji slash at 1.166 slashes per second), so the second slash will take her down to just over 10 health, and it's just a dash and she's gone.

Also her ult is passive regen, regardless of if her beam is on someone or not.

https://youtu.be/f9-EVqLtg8U

Moira Surviving 4 consecutive swings and a dash.
Personally i think his ult is fine, the charge time could be adjusted a bit though. It charges much faster than the support ults that counter it.
The most powerfull ult in the game is probably grav or shield generator from 1 to 2500 , really too strong
The majority of the CC in this game is something easy for Genji to avoid, thanks to deflect.

If Genji uses deflect in his ult then he's just wasted 1/3rd of it and won't have deflect after.

Just CC him after it if he uses it and don't be dumb enough to let him bait your CC into his deflect.

If you wait too long to try to do it, he's gonna kill your support. If you do it early, then he's just gonna deflect it away. This means that its not gonna be something as simple to counter as a soldier ult with a barrier.

You make it sound easy but Genji's ultimate is much harder to counter than most attack ultimates because he has an answer in his kit for all of its counters. Him not getting full value out of the ultimate is not the same thing as him having the ultimate countered.

I don't think it's the most powerful ult in the game, I feel that honor goes to Gravitron Surge or EMP. But, it is one of the most difficult to counter while simultaneously being one of the deadliest.

Despite having a ton of hours on Sombra, I actually feel that EMP is the most bs ultimate in the entire game.
Stupid genji mains
With Sombra buffs a hacked Dragonblade will be even less dangerous if she knows what to do. I mean, a walking Genji is quite easy to stay away from, but a Genji with double jump, wall climb and dash reset is not. But I do agree that his ult is very consistent and it does usually gets more than two kills.
Coordination and anticipation is in rare supply for most of the ladder. Gold is a quagmire of people that literally have no idea what's going on and it's a point and click adventure for them, and people with insane game sense and such just rolling like a support role and at the mercy of their team. Total RNG, the variance in skill in Gold and Plat is just ridiculous.

Dragonblade has a lot of potential counters after it's been popped, but for the most part people just derp and honestly give the Genji the ideal environment to just chain slash with no interruption.

It's not just a comp, or counter pick sort of thing, when it comes to countering the enemy it's also an approach adaption as a whole. Dragonblade is legit insanely powerful ult. Very circumstantial as well though.
In gold ranking, it is OP. Because none of my damn teammates want to hit the ulting genji. It takes a while for me to kill him as Moira, in which the Genji kills me first anyway ;-;
02/13/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Terranguard
02/13/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Alkaline100x
dragon blade is OP simply because of the fact that if you die during animation start you still get to keep it.

wtf
No you don't. All ultimates get consumed the very second you push the button now. Where have you been the past few months?

It's absolutely mindboggling that his comment got so many upvotes. This community is ridiculous.
02/13/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Ðanfinity
02/13/2018 04:35 PMPosted by Terranguard
...No you don't. All ultimates get consumed the very second you push the button now. Where have you been the past few months?

It's absolutely mindboggling that his comment got so many upvotes. This community is ridiculous.

No matter how wrong you are, just throw a "Genji is OP" in there and you get upvoted.
02/13/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Evonoucono
Genji still has 200 health while ulting. People act like he's an unstoppable beast with infinite health. A Winston can just left click him for two seconds and he's dead.

Wait, doesn't Winston do 50dps?

02/13/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Tomduhtrain
I'd say zarya's black hole is probably the most powerful/impactful ult in the game... It's balanced by its very long charge time and a lot of other things but the ult itself really changes things.

Thats true, but Zarya aint doing anything on her own (unless she's max charge). If Rein/Orisa are caught in it, you gonna need the whole team.
02/13/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Evonoucono
Genji still has 200 health while ulting. People act like he's an unstoppable beast with infinite health. A Winston can just left click him for two seconds and he's dead.

Wait, doesn't Winston do 50 dps?
you got 46 hours on him and don’t know he does 60?
Wait, doesn't Winston do 50 dps?
you got 46 hours on him and don’t know he does 60?

Don't take him seriously, 99% sure he's a troll based on his comments in Genji threads
The problem is that dragonblade has NOTHING that blocks it. barriers, defense matrix, nothing can negate it. Whereas there's ways to block other DPS ultimates without having to kill a genji mashing spacebar (it's probably easier to kill a riptire).
02/13/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Crusher48
The problem is that dragonblade has NOTHING that blocks it. barriers, defense matrix, nothing can negate it. Whereas there's ways to block other DPS ultimates without having to kill a genji mashing spacebar (it's probably easier to kill a riptire).

Zarya Bubble blocks it.

You can just CC and kill the Genji.
Whenever there is an annoying Genji I just go Symmetra, Moira, Mei, or Winston. Literally four counters right there. I also like to load up an area with sentries when I feel he'll ult. Hilarious.

Valkyrie, EMP/Hack, Transcendence, Freeze are effective ults that can counter him.
No Graviton Surge is definitely the most powerful ultimate. Mainly because it can consistently get team wipes when combined with other ults.