Diamond in low plat !?

Competitive Discussion
I have yet to report but is a diamond player allowed to play with their gold rank friends to play at their level or nah
you can play 1000 sr lower, so yes he can, the diamond player will also get worst teammates cause of the sr balance
I went up against two diamonds the other day in comp and we beat them. It just happens some times.
02/13/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Crashplayz
I have yet to report but is a diamond player allowed to play with their gold rank friends to play at their level or nah

Allowed, yes, but it's questionable behavior. It's usually a diamond trying to boost a friend - and usually failing because a diamond can't carry and gold players usually can't pull their weight in a plat match.
1000 SR difference is allowed.

I have mates of all SR ranges.
I almost always get the short end of the stick, my team get the diamond 1 trick mercy trying to boost a gold dps and the other team get the godly Genji or roadhog carrying a support main.

I don’t mind having a gold in a plat game providing they are good enough.
I don't understand why anyone does this even if it's allowed. You gain basically no SR for a win and lose huge amounts of it for losing. It's not even possible for the diamond player to carry the game since the opposing team is also going to have a diamond or a couple high plats to even the odds out.