Mei's slow duration increased VS Mobility Heroes

PTR Feedback
Mobility Heroes: "Nice and stronger slow you have there, would be a shame if i can easily escape it with my dash/jump/blink just as i always did before"

While i appreciate a buff to Mei...
as I feared they're gonna make her stronger against no-mobility heroes which is the opposite of what they want do...

If you want to help Mei counter high-mobility heroes, a slow increase is not the solution. (imo)
Try to buff her in another way.

IDEA to counter high mobility heroes without countering slow heroes:

When cryofreeze ends, it explodes shooting shards of ice in all directions.
Shards of ice deal no damage.
Enemies hit by shards of ice have their movement abilities disabled for a small amount of time which depends on how much time Mei was in her cryostasis.

Example: if Mei ends her cryofreeze instantly, shards of ice will be less effective, its effect will last only for 2 seconds.
Effect time: min 2 seconds / max 4 seconds
Range: Area effect as big as Ana's grenade

NOTES:
Shards of ice can not be deflected by Genji.
Shards of ice can be blocked by shields like Rein or Zarya.
Movement passive (wall climb, double jump) are affected too.
Shards of ice do NOT slow movement, they only disable movement abilities.
Out of touch devs are out of touch
02/14/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Alex
Mobility Heroes: "Nice and stronger slow you have there, would be a shame if i can easily escape it with my dash/jump/blink just as i always did before"

While i appreciate a buff to Mei...
as I feared they're gonna make her stronger against no-mobility heroes which is the opposite of what they want do...

If you want to help Mei counter high-mobility heroes, a slow increase is not the solution. (imo)
Try to buff her in another way.
No-mobility heroes are always range-heroes.

If Mei can get close to you, then something is wrong between both of you. Neither Mei outplays you or you just out of position.

McCree for example has little to no mobility, only Flashbang and FtH combo to finish someone who dares get close (though FtH isn't a great choice). It isn't rare, but also not a good idea for Mei to flank behind him in the first place. She should track him when he is really out of position, which means she outplay you.

Mei is a strong hero up-close, although the buff she got can make her stronger as mid-range fighter, stills not enough to fight hitscan type hero.

I don't think longer slow effect is kind of overbuff and miss direction, there are so many scenarios those low-mobility heroes can just free-run and the debuff runs out. Mei will then get no-reward from the effort. We just have to see how it play out in the real game when she is facing those mobility-heroes.
Yeah. This buff will make mei very good vs tanks and slow movement heros,but no vs high movility. (Slow movement heros dont need more counters).

Also we dont need the mei flanker.

Frezz weapon should disable movement habilitys.
02/14/2018 09:40 PMPosted by Zorek104
That is kind of overkill.

You can just spam the beam to disable everyone's choice of escape no matter what hero they play.

Its 10m. range isn't quite long, but very effective when it comes in a teamfight when so many heroes lose their mobility just from some shots of the beam.

If the debuff reduced the distance of those abilities, these would probably be ok. However; I don't think that we have to freak out too soon. Will Mei need more buff or not, once this go live we will just have to wait.
02/14/2018 09:47 PMPosted by FLARA
That is kind of overkill.

You can just spam the beam to disable everyone's choice of escape no matter what hero they play.

Its 10m. range isn't quite long, but very effective when it comes in a teamfight when so many heroes lose their mobility just from some shots of the beam.

If the debuff reduced the distance of those abilities, these would probably be ok. However; I don't think that we have to freak out too soon. Will Mei need more buff or not, once this go live we will just have to wait.

When you play a mid range hero, first you should destroy the enemy tanks shields or you cant kill the enemy.

Then with this mei buff, if the enemy want to dive, they first should kill the mei.

Anyway i aggree, that something like that maybe should need a range nerf
When you play a mid range hero, first you should destroy the enemy tanks shields or you cant kill the enemy.

Then with thus mei buff, if the enemy want to dive, they first should kill the mei.
Be effective =/= should easily punish everyone.

I don't like the idea of disable movement ability cuz it is too punishment to everyone. It is like you always get Hacked on those mobility keys instead of one, but all heroes will be affected just by touching the beam at once.

It is NOT Sombra's Hack which targets only 1 hero at time (EMP is her ultimate), the beam is just her primary fire and has 200 ammo in hand.

There are so many scenarios that Mei can be extreme OP if she disables everyone.
- Why plays Sombra to counter Doomfist when you can play Mei to spam left-click and disable everything?
- Why plays Tracer when she can't even use her mobility once touch the beam for only 0.1 second?
- Why should we have EMP when we can speed boost Mei and disable everyone on the high-ground after she built the wall?

There are more reasons why it should NOT completely disable. It makes her too dominant and easily rewarded with little effort. This is a team based-game after all.

As I said, reducing the distance for certain abilities are one of my favorite suggestion. We should have waited and see how the current buffs will affect her.
IDEA to counter high mobility heroes without countering slow heroes:

When cryofreeze ends, it explodes shooting shards of ice in all directions.
Shards of ice deal no damage.
Enemies hit by shards of ice have their movement abilities disabled for a small amount of time which depends on how much time Mei was in her cryostasis.

Example: if Mei ends her cryofreeze instantly, shards of ice will be less effective, its effect will last only for 2 seconds.
Effect time: min 2 seconds / max 4 seconds
Range: Area effect as big as Ana's grenade

NOTES:
Shards of ice can not be deflected by Genji.
Shards of ice can be blocked by shields like Rein or Zarya.
Movement passive (wall climb, double jump) are affected too.
Shards of ice do NOT slow movement, they only disable movement abilities.
Why is it so hard for them to understand that cryo freeze should gimp escape abilities. Mobility heroes should fear being close to Mei

Nah, that would be too much.

However, her Ult should disable all escape abilities, like Zarya Ult, Junk trap etc.

Overall the changes are barely even a buff to be honest. Nice QoL change on the icicle but nothing more.

edit, changed cos my brain failed.
She was never meant to counter mobility heroes, she was meant to counter no mobility heroes which basically means she'll never be meta in Overwatch - I would've settled for removing the fall off damage on her projectile ... because fall off damage on a projectile /facepalm .. so she's at least have range to fall back on.