Here's Why Doomfist isn't in Comp...

General Discussion
A Rocket Punch hitbox the size of a Pulse Bomb.

7-second cooldown for an uppercut that does 50 melee damage at the cost of leaving you almost stationery in the air for everyone to easily hit.

A hitbox larger than Zarya, given to a melee range hero that has only 250 health.

Seismic Slam hitbox very inconsistent.

Too much skill needed to counter the few things he CAN counter, too little skill needed to counter Doomfist.

Statistically improbable to score at least a double kill with Meteor Strike, literally more useful for escaping fights, which no ultimate should be used primarily for escape...
LSS: He bad.
His whole kit is bugged. Even if it wasn't bugged, he is far too linear to be effective against the other 25 heros.

So many QoL things could be done, ie: instead of a cone for slam, 360 effect. They don't cone Pharah's rockets, why do it to something of a much larger mass (his fist).

Basically, needs a rework to be much more useful to the rest of the players who aren't God-tier DF.
At least they are saying he's going to get tweaked (buffed). We'll see... when I play Rein, all he does is make me think he's a better version of Doomfist (outside of vertical) in most regards... that is really, really sad.
Doomfist isn't in comp because there's too much spam in the game. Junkrat, D.Va, Moira, Roadhog, Soldier, and Orisa are all big sources of spam damage - and there's almost always going to be 2-3 of those characters in each game. Zenyatta's discord makes it even harder for Doomfist to stay alive with all that spam.

There's also a lot of dive comps with Genji/Tracer/Pharah which Doomfist can't really target effectively.
I got a nice triple kill with his ULT. Once. And then died because he shoots a big red beacon on the ground to notify anyone of where he will be stuck for a moment after impact.
A lot of the time I forget he is even in the game.

Seeing him in a match of competitive is like spotting bigfoot.

"I'm telling you I saw Doomfist in a round of competitive."

"Nah man you're lying, Doomfist doesn't exist."
02/15/2018 12:48 PMPosted by HoldTheDoor

7-second cooldown for an uppercut that does 50 melee damage at the cost of leaving you almost stationery in the air for everyone to easily hit.

A hitbox larger than Zarya, given to a melee range hero that has only 250 health.

Too much skill needed to counter the few things he CAN counter, too little skill needed to counter Doomfist.

Statistically improbable to score at least a double kill with Meteor Strike, literally more useful for escaping fights, which no ultimate should be used primarily for escape...

Except non of what you said is accurate and is more just exaggeration. The uppercut does more than 50 melee damage my guy. I have also scored double kills with meteor strike.

Go back to the drawing board or pick another hero cause you are clearly bad with DF. If you are using meteor strike to get out of fights then yes...you are bad. VERY bad. The strategy you are using is why you seem to be getting no where with him.
02/15/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Nethermoosen
I got a nice triple kill with his ULT. Once. And then died because he shoots a big red beacon on the ground to notify anyone of where he will be stuck for a moment after impact.
I can barely even pull off a triple against a Graviton full of squishies.
02/15/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Cozy

Except non of what you said is accurate and is more just exaggeration. The uppercut does more than 50 melee damage my guy. I have also scored double kills with meteor strike.

Go back to the drawing board or pick another hero cause you are clearly bad with DF. If you are using meteor strike to get out of fights then yes...you are bad. VERY bad. The strategy you are using is why you seem to be getting no where with him.
Chipsa literally uses it for escapes most of the time and he's the best in the world.
agreed
Uppercut is even more powerful than the punch and here's why. The mobility allows you to get to places on the map that few other heroes can get to. The 50 dmg is not significant, however, bring enemies into the air where their movement is very easy to predict, sets you up to shoot primary fire at the enemy very easily.

If you learn to combo doomfist's abilities well he is a devastating hero. He does not have to get any medals or whatever to swing the outcome of the fights which is why I think he will be played more and more as his balance changes go live soon.
What kills me is Rein's charge has a significantly larger hitbox, pushes on off angle characters, and yet DF's hitbox is ridiculously small and you can charge at one person and miss him AND the other two standing right there while they all laugh at you for hitting the wall. Why the f*** can't Blizzard fix his absurdly small hitbox for RP and reduce down his ridiculously large hitbox for his body? Why, when this is so obviously a problem?

As he stands he is a 5-star difficulty character to play, which makes all the Genjis and Hanzos and other so-called three star characters a joke in comparison.
02/15/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Cozy

Chipsa literally uses it for escapes most of the time and he's the best in the world.

Says who? His stream followers?

Not to mention, comparing him to say Genji or Tracer is a joke. There is no reason to pick him over either of them in any situation
02/15/2018 01:39 PMPosted by KulstorEbrou
02/15/2018 01:28 PMPosted by HoldTheDoor
... Doomfist used to counter Genji and Tracer, but those mains make up half the fanbase, so Blizzard nerfed him into nothing to pander to the crying weebs.

That's because people traditionally associated Doomfist=Rocket Punch. It was too reliable to learn how to do anything else with the dude.

He's not as bad if you remember to always leave an ability to get away. Uppercut is probably the most unreliable escape to try to utilize, but Uppercut is the ability I can get more reliable damage from in a combo because Uppercut ->LMBX3

Doomfists issues are honestly in his Cooldowns. Look at how he does in Total Mayhem. You make them too low he'll bully everything (Total Mayhem), In their current state, he's too much pause and go. Somewhere in between for the cooldowns is what'll fix him.

I think the best suggestion I read for Doomfist was just add to his passive, when he lands a hit with one ability it lowers the CD of the other 2 by 1sec. Keep the momentum going and be a pain train of combinations.
He can't survive in any fight beyond 4 seconds... Let his cooldowns lower on each kill, increase his shields to 50 per hit, but have them decay faster.