Can we finally admit Diva needs a nerf?

Competitive Discussion
Don't get me wrong as a former Diva main i can appreciate her being good again, but this is to much.

it's pretty much an insta kill when she dives a squishy. she flies in shooting, if someone happens to see her, she shields, then rockets to get the kill. Then has enough armor to usually escape still in mech. At worst she trades a healer kill for dropping out of mech.

Seriously, take a step back and evaluate her. Her dive is almost unstoppable for a good player.

The ability to shoot and fly, rocket while shielded, combined with her armor is just to much.
Why is Diva always going from UP to OP, UP to OP.
I think either remove her ability to shoot while flying or remove rockets while DM. Personally i say remove rockets while DM as shooting while flying is a good Pharmacy counter.
Remove rockets entirely and increase defense matrix to 4 seconds.
I dunno, she soaks up a lot and then it's coming your way if she's gone. You have Moira, Tracer, Mccree, 76. Everyone can blow her out of mech, you can't keep nerfing everthing, then something else is op and we keep going on until this is a Dice game.
02/16/2018 04:19 PMPosted by BT160508
I dunno, she soaks up a lot and then it's coming your way if she's gone. You have Moira, Tracer, Mccree, 76. Everyone can blow her out of mech, you can't keep nerfing everthing, then something else is op and we keep going on until this is a Dice game.
Yeah as long as you ignore reworks and new heroes then yeah that will happen.
Her being op with her rockets is an easy fix at least just decrease the damage or increase cooldown to numbers that feel more balanced.
02/16/2018 04:23 PMPosted by TurningDrop
Her being op with her rockets is an easy fix at least just decrease the damage or increase cooldown to numbers that feel more balanced.

They do 120 damage if you hit all of them. The damage is negligible.
Zen. backline. discord and destroy mech from a distance where you are safe since zens orbs do not have drop off.
Dva is about as bad as hog when it comes to easy ult charge
02/16/2018 05:47 PMPosted by damnitbinks
Zen. backline. discord and destroy mech from a distance where you are safe since zens orbs do not have drop off.
Dva is about as bad as hog when it comes to easy ult charge

Unless your actually in bronze or something, no dva is going to sit in front of you and let that happen lol
I play soldier and nothing has changed. I still one v one dva and out play her the same as I did before her buff or nerf depending on how you look at it. She is perfectly balanced.
02/16/2018 04:01 PMPosted by ForceComdr
Don't get me wrong as a former Diva main i can appreciate her being good again, but this is to much.

it's pretty much an insta kill when she dives a squishy. she flies in shooting, if someone happens to see her, she shields, then rockets to get the kill. Then has enough armor to usually escape still in mech. At worst she trades a healer kill for dropping out of mech.

Seriously, take a step back and evaluate her. Her dive is almost unstoppable for a good player.

The ability to shoot and fly, rocket while shielded, combined with her armor is just to much.
Why is Diva always going from UP to OP, UP to OP.
I think either remove her ability to shoot while flying or remove rockets while DM. Personally i say remove rockets while DM as shooting while flying is a good Pharmacy counter.

no, her dive isnt unstoppable, its not an instakill, and if you check actually use an evidence based approach to your argument, you would see that her win rate is not outlandishly high. Orisa is more in need of a nerf than dva. This isnt middle school, the devs use real statistics to make changes. They dont do things on a whim bc u cry...except they do that sometimes like with roadhog back in the day
Climb about 700 or so more SR and I promise you those dive kills become a little bit harder. You don't nerf a hero because a player plays her how she's designed to be played. If your backline has the awareness of a potatoe, that doesn't mean D.VA is broken. That means your team is bad. You can see D.VA coming a mile away. A good team will have her de-meched before she even gets there.
lets see mobility, non stop spam, rockets, matrix, has two lives essentially.. nah, she's good.
If dva is diving a squishy on your team by herself and getting the kill without being punished, then that person had bad positioning and needs to learn better positioning.
If someone was actually protecting their squishy healer instead of trying to 1 v 6 a team, then D.Va with her bus sized hitbox can be destroyed easily.
D-Va cancels Moira orbs too easily, effectively breaking her. This definitely needs adjustment. There is no other hero whose E-Ability gets completely neutralized by a short DM flick without need for clutch timing (junkrat mines).
02/16/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Izzy
02/16/2018 04:23 PMPosted by TurningDrop

They do 120 damage if you hit all of them. The damage is negligible.

I said the same thing about Junkrat's slow, arcing mines.
I absolutely hate fighting D.Va -- more than just about anyone, and I come across her in nearly every single game. That being said, D.Va is fine in her current state and shouldn't be messed with. Her damage feels overtuned, but that's it. I'd rather have her be the way she is now than how she was during triple tank, or pre-nerf matrix.
D.va is not broken but she could use a minor dmg reduction defense matrix dva was broken as hell
02/16/2018 09:57 PMPosted by XRed
D-Va cancels Moira orbs too easily, effectively breaking her. This definitely needs adjustment. There is no other hero whose E-Ability gets completely neutralized by a short DM flick without need for clutch timing (junkrat mines).

D.va's damage from the same distance as when Moira tosses her orb is drastically lower. Oh no, D.Va protected her team from damage, what an outrage,
Oh, leave the damn woman alone already will you? No one in the game has been altered as much as her lol. Mercy is close though.

DVA is simple to deal with. Don't be caught by yourself for her to dive onto, shoot the largest crit-box in the game (her meka Window) and if things are that toilsome use a Zarya or Mei paired with long range DPS. She can't block them and she has to be practically kissing you to hurt you.