Devs wanted dive dead

General Discussion
02/17/2018 09:47 AMPosted by SlashedSkull
Dive is dynamic, exciting gameplay. It isn't going to go away because the last thing anyone wants to play or watch is a game revolving around two turtling teams.

Then if it doesn't go away, what's the point in Overwatch existing in its current form? if Blizzards intended idea is to balance the game around viewing as opposed to actually playing the darn game, then why bother with the more simpler characters like Symmetra or Torb? but even then, I don't find watching a Winston for the 1000th time press shift to watch him leap onto an enemy, throw down his shield because why wouldn't you, and then proceed to hold left mouse while he aims roughly at his enemies and slowly tickles them to death, wow, such fun and exciting gameplay.
It takes them too long actually. Metas are never a good thing and I wish it is going away just so they don't have to nerf d.va again.
I think they are adjusting things so more than one meta is viable. This is a good thing.
02/17/2018 09:45 AMPosted by BrickTop
02/17/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Thrillho
I imagine the fans of Overwatch League will be pleased to finally get something other than Tracer and Genji in every single match.

Why? Tracer and genji are fast moving extremely high skill ceiling heros and therefore, fun to watch. You really think OWL fans are clammoring to get more Mei, Sym and Moira action in their lives? Dont think so.

I am a HUGE fan of OWL and I would love to see Mei, Moira, and Sym more often. See what strategies the pros come up with them and just variety in general. Dive got to the point where teams had the duplicate team comp. Got boring to see it so much.
Dive should've been murdered a long time ago
02/17/2018 09:51 AMPosted by Skrimiche
Got any proof of that?

I believe I could compile a list of agitators as proof of this yes. It would take me quite a bit of time to go through all the threads from January though, and this is time I do not intend to spend to prove my point. I remember checking the player profile on a lot of agitators though, and the majority of them were Genji mains.
02/17/2018 09:45 AMPosted by BrickTop
You really think OWL fans are clammoring to get more Mei, Sym and Moira action in their lives? Dont think so.
maybe unpopular opinion but mei is a ton of fun to watch, and especially the unorthodox plays that come out of using her on attack

i'd much rather watch that than pixel vomit winston pov
02/17/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Unexist
Mark me words, this is the best comp there was.. You all will beg soon enough that dive needs to come back, its happend before

Uh, no. I'd take triple tank over dive any day.
remember triple thank meta? how long did that last? it seems that 4 to 5 moths is the acceptable time for a meta to last