Lucio Should Boop Moira Orbs

General Discussion
Lucio should be able to boop Moira Orbs to change their trajectory. He doesn't have to boop them off into oblivion, but change their immediate location enough to protect teammates and himself.
It would be a moderate buff in this world of Lucio nerfs.

smile, happy face, thumbs up, thumbs up, 100
imagine his boop was like genjis reflect

that would be cool
I think it would have to boop Symmetra orb as well for consistency, and I can't support that.
That's not how it works and shouldn't
NOPe
02/17/2018 08:25 PMPosted by CrazyMage
Lucio should be able to boop Moira Orbs to change their trajectory. He doesn't have to boop them off into oblivion, but change their immediate location enough to protect teammates and himself.
It would be a moderate buff in this world of Lucio nerfs.

smile, happy face, thumbs up, thumbs up, 100
what lucio nerfs
02/17/2018 08:32 PMPosted by MellowJello
imagine his boop was like genjis reflect

that would be cool

It would be like Pyro Airblast, that would actually be really cool.
How amusing.
02/17/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Kyaw

How exactly is that not how it works? Moira orbs bounce off of walls, because they are met with force, soundwaves are pure force. How can Genji's sword deflect the orbs? They're met with accurate force. It's physics, it makes perfect sense.
@ PanPan

They're not direct nerfs, but if you've been paying attention to the forums/updates you would see that Lucio has been hit with many indirect nerfs recently. I'm not gonna go into detail as there are already many post outlining the specifics, but...
-The Ultimate update affected him more than anyone (I won't go into detail here.)
-Movement update nerfed his environmental kills.
-And the upcoming Sombra update will nerf him as well.
I think that is it.

Lucio needs a little love.
Only if Lucio says simple geometry if the orb still manages to eliminate someone.
02/17/2018 08:40 PMPosted by TLiciousX
I think it would have to boop Symmetra orb as well for consistency, and I can't support that.

I see what you're saying, but Sym orbs are light, unaffected by sound. Only hindered by solid objects, so boop wouldn't have to effect both.
02/17/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Jocachaval
Only if Lucio says simple geometry if the orb still manages to eliminate someone.

I think your idea is best idea
02/17/2018 08:25 PMPosted by CrazyMage
Lucio should be able to boop Moira Orbs to change their trajectory.
No other knockback has that ability and for consistency's sake he shouldn't be able to either.
02/17/2018 09:05 PMPosted by CrazyMage
02/17/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Kyaw

How exactly is that not how it works? Moira orbs bounce off of walls, because they are met with force, soundwaves are pure force. How can Genji's sword deflect the orbs? They're met with accurate force. It's physics, it makes perfect sense.
Why doesn't it bounce off of literally any ability or character then?
02/17/2018 09:13 PMPosted by Terranguard
02/17/2018 09:05 PMPosted by CrazyMage

Why doesn't it bounce off of literally any ability or character then?

Characters are biotic so it interacts differently with them. "literally any object" doesn't have enough force.

In my mind anyway.
I have no answer to "Are Omnics partly biotic?" though. Is it said in the lore at all that Omnics have 0 biotic make up?

Edit: I feel like part of them must be if biotic field effects them.
02/17/2018 09:16 PMPosted by CrazyMage
02/17/2018 09:13 PMPosted by Terranguard
...Why doesn't it bounce off of literally any ability or character then?

Characters are biotic so it interacts differently with them. "literally any object" doesn't have enough force.

In my mind anyway.
Reinhardt's shield is a physical, non biological wall hard enough to stop bullets so why doesn't it bounce off of that? And Bastion's not organic so why doesn't it bounce off of him?
02/17/2018 09:22 PMPosted by CrazyMage
I have no answer to "Are Omnics partly biotic?" though. Is it said in the lore at all that Omnics have 0 biotic make up?

biotic field just fires nano machines. Basically all healing in the game is nano machines, or Lucio having good music.
This would be amazing counterplay. And maybe mei should be able to freeze them, I mean they are like a nanite liquid globule.

02/17/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Terranguard
02/17/2018 09:22 PMPosted by CrazyMage

biotic field just fires nano machines. Basically all healing in the game is nano machines, or Lucio having good music.

Lucio's "healing song" is just nanites travelling on the soundwaves like spores on the wind.