So Moira is pretty much

General Discussion
>An easier
>A way more effective
>Actually useful
>Much more safe and less fair Symmetra? (thats alot saying Symmetra's beam bends a ton, but then again her lower range compensates this)
I've played both heroes for a while and holy crap. Moira absolutely trashes Sym in every way- it's not really about the turrets, a Moira that's not stupid will just fade and escape from those.

But everytime I've 1v1 a Moira as Symmetra, I can't really escape and I just die, and when it's the other way around Symmetra herself always dies. This would be okay if she didn't have already enough counters, but the entire game pretty much trashes her rn,and Moira was the nail on the coffin. You probs won't understand this if you havent really played both heroes but look at it like this:

Moira sees a Symmetra
Proceeds to beam her
Moira has a 20m long beam, while Symmetra needs to be at least 7m upclose to do the lock on
Symmetra tries to reach her with her photon shield
Moira uses her damage orb, and kills Symmetra anyway since the orb is invincible and unblockable

Sometimes I don't even need the orb, the beam itself is good enough to make Symmetra run away and make her completely useless (more than she is already, what a surprise)

Has anyone actually noticed this...?
Or how Moira also does the same to Ana?
Reaper? (Unless you think Reaper does any damage to a Moira more away than 10 meters, you wouldn't lie to yourself would you?)

...?
I even doubt a buff will even fix this.
But then again the community pretty much ignores Symmetra and adore Moira, so they'll always be biased towards her.
two totally different hero's dude lol , cant really compare them
02/19/2018 01:10 PMPosted by ShortCircuit

they both fill a support slot...
02/19/2018 01:14 PMPosted by sexycommando

they both fill a support slot...

Symmetra is just a confused defense hero. Her primary function is area-denial, not acting as a force multiplier that enables/amplifies teammates' effectiveness (Symm can only do that with her ults).

They arent. In fact, Moira is pretty much Symmetra without the defense aspect, and turned into a healer.
>The orb is a more effective version than energy ball, it goes thru barriers and bounces to damage/heal for 8 seconds.
>Beam is lower damage but has 20m range, lock on is reliable enough to not aim while beaming a person. You can even rabbit jump and it wont disconnect, while being 20 meters away at the same time.
Oh and she heals 80 hps
I've seen other people notice this as well on other media,,,
Well Sym's getting hard countered by almost any char, which is mostly showing how much help she needs, Moira's orb not instawiping her turrets barely keeps her alive (or less dead). But apart from being both beam heroes with a round secondary attack (just like Zarya in fact), they haven't much in common.
Easy to play and more effective than other supports. Ofc the mercy mainers who are the majority here love this.
Moira needs a nerf
she kinda makes mercy, symmetra and torb look like high skill floor heroes in comparison since they can't teleport everywhere all the !@#$ing time
02/19/2018 01:25 PMPosted by sexycommando
she kinda makes mercy, symmetra and torb look like high skill floor heroes in comparison since they can't teleport everywhere all the !@#$ing time

^this
people here keep whining that ppl need to "git gud" and stop complaining but the thing that make symmetra, torb, and mercy (if shes alone) actually more risky is that none of them can
>regen health in any way (moira can in 2, mercys regen wont work if shes getting damage from any source)
>escape (if mercy is alone shes doomed. you can still shoot her irf she uses ga anyway)
>have a "distraction" damaging ball (have done this in closed spaces. damage orb itself does a lot, and in anas case it can completely negate any of the low survivability she has. Nade wont heal you at 100%
and in syms case,
>moira can damage from a safe space
i get it, you adore moira and enjoy playing as her but i feel that she has pushed some heroes more deeper in the trashcan :/
Something countering Sym is not grounds for anything. Everything counters Sym hence why she is rarely used except for those that really like how she plays.

Moira’s beam isn’t lock on. Your thinking of Mercy/Sym. It’s more like a Zarya beam that is larger.
02/19/2018 01:34 PMPosted by sodartic
02/19/2018 01:25 PMPosted by sexycommando

^this
people here keep whining that ppl need to "git gud" and stop complaining but the thing that make symmetra, torb, and mercy (if shes alone) actually more risky is that none of them can
>regen health in any way (moira can in 2, mercys regen wont work if shes getting damage from any source)
>escape (if mercy is alone shes doomed. you can still shoot her irf she uses ga anyway)
>have a "distraction" damaging ball (have done this in closed spaces. damage orb itself does a lot, and in anas case it can completely negate any of the low survivability she has. Nade wont heal you at 100%
and in syms case,
>moira can damage from a safe space
i get it, you adore moira and enjoy playing as her but i feel that she has pushed some heroes more deeper in the trashcan :/

Yes, all these heroes are in the trash can. This is why they shouldn’t be used as a point of comparison until after the devs give them some unecessasry changes that make them op, then nerf them back into boredom.
Symmetra is a utility/off support that can't effectively do her job.

Moira is a utility-less main healer that can defend the backline

Same hero yep.
Today is Moira support day. Anything said against her will be flagged or downvoted. Happy President's Day!
02/19/2018 01:09 PMPosted by sodartic
>An easier
>A way more effective
>Actually useful
>Much more safe and less fair Symmetra? (thats alot saying Symmetra's beam bends a ton, but then again her lower range compensates this)
I've played both heroes for a while and holy crap. Moira absolutely trashes Sym in every way- it's not really about the turrets, a Moira that's not stupid will just fade and escape from those.

But everytime I've 1v1 a Moira as Symmetra, I can't really escape and I just die, and when it's the other way around Symmetra herself always dies. This would be okay if she didn't have already enough counters, but the entire game pretty much trashes her rn,and Moira was the nail on the coffin. You probs won't understand this if you havent really played both heroes but look at it like this:

Moira sees a Symmetra
Proceeds to beam her
Moira has a 20m long beam, while Symmetra needs to be at least 7m upclose to do the lock on
Symmetra tries to reach her with her photon shield
Moira uses her damage orb, and kills Symmetra anyway since the orb is invincible and unblockable

Sometimes I don't even need the orb, the beam itself is good enough to make Symmetra run away and make her completely useless (more than she is already, what a surprise)

Has anyone actually noticed this...?
Or how Moira also does the same to Ana?
Reaper? (Unless you think Reaper does any damage to a Moira more away than 10 meters, you wouldn't lie to yourself would you?)

...?
I even doubt a buff will even fix this.
But then again the community pretty much ignores Symmetra and adore Moira, so they'll always be biased towards her.

Not even in the slightest.
02/19/2018 01:45 PMPosted by RabidAidan
Symmetra is a utility/off support that can't effectively do her job.

Moira is a utility-less main healer that can defend the backline

Same hero yep.

Does that make zen utility-less too then? Smh the kinds of arguments you people come up with to defend a blatantly op hero..
>The orb is a more effective version than energy ball, it goes thru barriers and bounces to damage/heal for 8 seconds.
>Beam is lower damage but has 20m range, lock on is reliable enough to not aim while beaming a person. You can even rabbit jump and it wont disconnect, while being 20 meters away at the same time.
Oh and she heals 80 hps
I've seen other people notice this as well on other media,,,

- Sym's orb might only go in a straight line, but does WAY more damage. It also can't be divided out like Moira's orb can. If it went through 6 enemies at full charge, it would do 125 damage to every single one of them. Moira's orb does a total of 200, but can be divided amongst the group, making them each take around 33 damage. Easily nullified with just a few heals.

- Sym's beam auto locks and wall clips. Fully ramps up at 120 dps a second. Can easily, and quickly, eliminate a backline if people aren't paying attention. Moira might be able to as well, but requires a lot more work into it. Beam also doesn't break until around 10 meters. Moira does 50 dps a second and the beam can be easily avoided, to a degree, and still locks onto the base of shields, ice wall, and other jobs it can't hurt quite frequently.

- Can't compare anything about healing since Sym isn't a healer.
02/19/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Raisins
Today is Moira support day. Anything said against her will be flagged or downvoted. Happy President's Day!

pretty much lol
but that won't really stop me from voicing my opinion. this is no reddit where you can get banned for not following a hive mind/ the popular opinion(i only post there to ask for help with tech stuff related, couldn't believe downvotes can actually get you banned)
And to be honest I haven't insulted Moira on this thread so...?? i think the only part were i actually called her cancer was on a salt relief/random thread lol so ye boi

people think that they "aren't" the same hero just because one is an utility support and the other one is a healer, but what they fail to realize is that the photon projector and moiras hands are surprisingly similar in how they work, like i mentioned above.
if moiras ball is going to be around for 8 seconds, it needs a more effective counter than only having dva to literally stop what she was doing if the ball managed to get in the backlines, unless you think genji counters moira lol
Symmetra can win the 1v1 easily if you know what you’re doing.

Triggering Fade and then throwing the barrier at her after that is the key.

Catch her unaware for even a second and you can usually accomplish this after your beam ramps up enough. Though the simplest way is the same tactic that allows Sym to win most 1v1s with 200hp heroes which is hit Moira with an orb first. It will both force Fade and put her at 75 health, at that point she can’t be saved and has to run.

Alternatively with a shield gen up, if you latch onto her first, Sym wins. Because again, she will Fade, and you throw your barrier.

The only way Moira can really win this is good placement of her damage orb. That is the winning factor for her.
@Renegade
1. 10 meters per second, will disappear the moment it hits a wall.
Moiras orb wise,unless you want the entire team to be always living meat for Dragon Blade, or a Pharah ult, or a Death Blossom, a DVA nuke, a Rip tire, a High noon, or literally any damage ult.
From the matches I've seen Moiras orb deals atleast 50-150 dmg, and it gets a lot of kills. You cant expect 6 people to be next each other the whole match.
Oh, and Moiras Orb will be bouncing for 8 seconds straight. So if it manages to get you low, and you dont pay attention to it it will end up easily killing you. Which would be fine, but guess what.
There are also other 6 players who could target you in this moment. And you cant destroy the orb either. It will be there. Somewhere. for 8 seconds.

>Symmetra has higher damage and a hot silicone based lock on because you need to be 7 meters close to your target, and the beam will wear off if you get past 9.5. Moiras beam has twice its damage, and while the lock on is softer, its really easy to keep it on your opponent, even if hes far away. Moiras beam will always be better, solely becuase 20 meters if WAY more safe than being 9,5 upclose
>Symmetra can eliminate an entire backline
???
so you are telling me that sym is up yet she can also kill 6 people by herself
ive seen this and done this once only and it was solely because literally nobody could focus me/the other sym.
srsly i doubt that stuff will happen ever in bronze now, since anyone as moira can just beam up sym from 20 meters away now lol