So Moira is pretty much

General Discussion
02/19/2018 01:09 PMPosted by sodartic
they'll always be biased towards her.

you are being ironically hypocritical
02/19/2018 01:57 PMPosted by SnareToxic
Symmetra can win the 1v1 easily if you know what you’re doing.

Triggering Fade and then throwing the barrier at her after that is the key.

Catch her unaware for even a second and you can usually accomplish this after your beam ramps up enough. Though the simplest way is the same tactic that allows Sym to win most 1v1s with 200hp heroes which is hit Moira with an orb first. It will both force Fade and put her at 75 health, at that point she can’t be saved and has to run.

Alternatively with a shield gen up, if you latch onto her first, Sym wins. Because again, she will Fade, and you throw your barrier.

The only way Moira can really win this is good placement of her damage orb. That is the winning factor for her.

boi ive done this and it wasnt because i baited fade it was because the moira herself forgot about my existence and i obviously proceeded to beam her
as moira you have a lot of tools, and fades distance has a maximum of 18.75 meters per second, so you cant simply die to sym as moira.
unless she fades into a 6 stack turret nest. which would be again the moira being dumb lol
02/19/2018 02:08 PMPosted by CaptainJoker
02/19/2018 01:09 PMPosted by sodartic
they'll always be biased towards her.

you are being ironically hypocritical

i dont think i ever complained about winston, or dva
i remember that junk used to bug me a lot but if you manage to avoid him, he wont kill you
doomfist rn pretty much kills you in your death rooms but you dont see me ranting about him
sym was bad enough. with moira around she has become completely not viable, unless we are talking about ctf where she can shine somehow(atleast)
02/19/2018 01:14 PMPosted by sexycommando
they both fill a support slot...

Except that Symmetra can't heal, can have far more damage output, and is a defensive/support hybrid instead of a healer/DPS hybrid. So basically, not like Moira at all, and doesn't compete for the same team slot.

Also, unlike Moira, Symmetra is a really bad hero and has been for about 7/8 seasons of the game. Which is very sad because she is a neat hero concept. But there's no reason to ever play Symmetra in competitive over an off healer or another DPS once you get to gold, or high silver, and it's pretty much always been like that. I love Symmetra, but she's not a good enough hero to be seen regularly in comp.
02/19/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Chikenuggetz
Easy to play and more effective than other supports. Ofc the mercy mainers who are the majority here love this.

What? "Of course the people who play a different support hero like her because she's better than the character they like?" That doesn't make much sense to me.

I personally do believe Moira is a little... overtuned but I don't want her nerfed right now, because every time Blizzard does a knee-jerk nerf it normally doesn't go very well. Let them take time working on buffing the weaker characters before they decide if she needs to be tuned back.
Moira nerf will happen, then Zenyatta, and we will return to the tank meta and people will ask WTF happened.
02/19/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Cavalcade11
02/19/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Chikenuggetz
Easy to play and more effective than other supports. Ofc the mercy mainers who are the majority here love this.

What? "Of course the people who play a different support hero like her because she's better than the character they like?" That doesn't make much sense to me.

I personally do believe Moira is a little... overtuned but I don't want her nerfed right now, because every time Blizzard does a knee-jerk nerf it normally doesn't go very well. Let them take time working on buffing the weaker characters before they decide if she needs to be tuned back.

Theres some truth to this actually, sometimes it happens, sometimes it was just the devs overhyping it
some nerfs made to the heroes in general wouldn't have been necessary with the current game balance
02/19/2018 02:24 PMPosted by Bergtau
Moira nerf will happen, then Zenyatta, and we will return to the tank meta and people will ask WTF happened.

theres literally no reason to nerf zenny considering his heals are the lowest in this game, he has a huge af hitbox and no mobility
comparing moira to sym? wtf lol.

"hur dur they both have lasers."