Hardstuck high-master since season 3

Competitive Discussion
Yeah well.. how do people even rank up in this game? I'm literally sitting on the 3700-3900's since season 3, eventually hit top500 in season 6 and 7 but fell back down to master plenty of times during the same season. When I thought I had escaped it, I ended my season 7 from a top500 score to high masters again and couldnt recover at all in season 8. Currently stuck at this elo once again and I don't even care anymore, I barely play 3 games a day and 2 of those are always either losses or people picking attack Torb in kings row for absolutely no reason. Yesterday night I felt like playing and 3 out of 3 games had a filthy troll in my team. That's 100% chance of losing a game and I'm tired of this.. RNG has by far more impact than raw skill in this videogame, period. high-masters is the real elo hell kids
So you're consistently the same rank for all 8 seasons, yet you're still finding blame on someone other than yourself for your own inability to get better?
Your just at your peak
Inability to get better? every time I open the game or play a match whether it's comp or quick play i always strive to improve, to the point my friends tell me to just relax and enjoy the game, but for me winning means everything and I can't have fun unless that happens. So yeah I'm always looking for ways to improve and get better. I've been a flex player since season 2 just to increase my chances of winning due to the overhwelming amount of dps players. I do everything in my power to end up winning the game which implies switching, countering, call outs and so forth. But what can I do when in the BEST case scenario 2 out of 4 games are filled with throwers and 1/4 are absolute stomps ? It's very very rare that games come up to a missplay or small mistakes that costs you the win, I can't even remember last time I had a fair game. Winning feels like you were blessed with luck and losses feels completely undeserved. That's what this game is all about

02/14/2018 08:14 AMPosted by LioEvilo
Your just at your peak

yeah perhaps, and I wonder what's missing in order to improve so I'm constantly looking for it. But then I join a game and realise it's just RNG
If his peak is T500, how is his peak also high master?

:thinking:

Could it be that he gets his MMR so high that the matchmaker decides to put people with low MMR for their SR level on his team and then expect him to put them on his back?
I tried smurfing on 4 accounts throughout the seasons but 3800-3900 is as far as they ever reached. This is not a rant thread, i just wanted to share my experience and thoughts. Some people have it worse for sure, at least I am where I am.. but the game has become so boring for me at this point, being the same SR for 7 seasons in a row
02/14/2018 08:20 AMPosted by ZeerǾǃ
I tried smurfing on 4 accounts throughout the seasons but 3800-3900 is as far as they ever reached.

You need more proof that you are where you belong?
try to see if theres a way you can raise damage you are doing on each hero you play. Raising your damage per 10 min will raise your mmr, which in turn will put in games where you will win more and get more sr. If you compare your tracer stats to a top 500 tracer for example you will see they have more damage per 10 min.

My theory is that's one of the main metrics MMR uses to determine where you belong in the SR scale.

Im also in the same ELO btw. You can play to win and gain more sr however your MMR will still stay the same and eventually you will be brought back down if your damage per 10 min stays the same.
its weird to me when people with such a high rank have the same mental issues as players in bronze
because its pretty much the same formula for all SR tiers.

The game determines where you belong based on your "XXX per 10 min" stats, and then assigns your SR based on that. If you don't increase or raise it you will always hover around the same SR level.
Wait wait wait, is someone actually complaining about being Masters?

I sense a troll post.
Watch pro streams. Concentrate on your own gameplay. Always blame yourself and only yourself. Watch your comms and always be positive.
you cant carry games -500sr from your peak. this is your "elo". you need luck to escape this place. we had the chance to climb higher and higher just by improving and trying before s6-s7. now its just a throwerfest and your impact in the game is so minimal that you dont even have a rank. you can jump from week to week almost 500sr up/down
Unless you are several tiers below your real rank then it's pretty much impossible to hard carry, you have to get a lucky streak to get where you want. It's how the game works, so even if you were in gm but you're now in high masters it's going to be more about team work and getting lucky with teams than you yourself carrying. It can be very frustrating but keep at it, you'll get there eventually
02/14/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Collater333
Wait wait wait, is someone actually complaining about being Masters?

I sense a troll post.

Not trolling, even people at this elo wants to keep on improving you know.

02/14/2018 11:16 AMPosted by BouncyKnight
try to see if theres a way you can raise damage you are doing on each hero you play. Raising your damage per 10 min will raise your mmr, which in turn will put in games where you will win more and get more sr. If you compare your tracer stats to a top 500 tracer for example you will see they have more damage per 10 min.

My theory is that's one of the main metrics MMR uses to determine where you belong in the SR scale.

Im also in the same ELO btw. You can play to win and gain more sr however your MMR will still stay the same and eventually you will be brought back down if your damage per 10 min stays the same.

Ah you're partially right altho I wouldn't judge my performance around my most played hero, I never get to play tracer or very rarely, that's the problem with flexing, my stats are split all around the roster. Increasing my damage per 10 mins sounds dangerous, I am currently working on halving my deaths per game or overall staying alive more. Further damage would be very risky and might not pay off, but I see your point! thanks

02/14/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Ryuu
Watch pro streams. Concentrate on your own gameplay. Always blame yourself and only yourself. Watch your comms and always be positive.

Ah that's basically what I do when i'm not playing

02/14/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Killbill
you cant carry games -500sr from your peak. this is your "elo". you need luck to escape this place. we had the chance to climb higher and higher just by improving and trying before s6-s7. now its just a throwerfest and your impact in the game is so minimal that you dont even have a rank. you can jump from week to week almost 500sr up/down

This sums everything up, we share the same thoughts. I could see improvements paying off back in the days but now whether I play extremely good or extremely bad it just doesnt impact my games at all. When I hit top500 twice i wasn't playing any better than I already did, perhaps even worse cause it was new for me
After I switched to support after playing dps for the last few seasons, I shot up out of masters in about two days. Maybe try picking up a new role?
I just wanna hit gm once haha been masters since s4 this season i peaked 3954 and dropped to 3500 Im hardstuck just like u dude
02/14/2018 08:18 AMPosted by McNeo
If his peak is T500, how is his peak also high master?

:thinking:

Could it be that he gets his MMR so high that the matchmaker decides to put people with low MMR for their SR level on his team and then expect him to put them on his back?

Statistical variances or anomalies perhaps?
OOOK well

Looking at your mains....

Tracer: You die too often and don't focus the objective enough

Genji: Same issue, deaths especially

Junkrat: Deaths are a massive issue, accuracy could do with a boost.

All of your other stats are fantastic.