Are people really going to complain about Sombra's buff?

General Discussion
When literally everyone calls her useless atm, and every other person on the forums thinks she needed one?
She’s kind of subpar but not because hack sucks. Hack is already strong as is.

I thought buffing her weapon should be all it would take to make her a really strong hero.
Blizzard has to be careful with buffing Sombra cause hack is a top 5 ability tbh.
Some people think their mains should have no counters at all.
Personally my only complaint is that Bastion will be further countered...
(Like, a LOT)

BUT.
As i have said in another post, I Actually LIKE These changes.
Like, i want sombra to be More fun to play/Better in more situations.
But i would hate to see Bastion or any other character taken out of the game entirely, because of a single character on the enemy team.

A "Counter" Is different from making someone HAVE to switch or they are "Throwing" By playing what they are playing. And Bastion already has So many counters. ;-;

A good widow, for instance.. Can in fact "Out play" Her direct counters.
Picking Winston, doesn't Force them to switch off of widow every single time no matter what, if they feel confident enough with their ability as Widow.
That's just how a "Counter" Should work, after all.
Most of the changes I'm ok with, but the buff to her passive is way too much. Having wallhacks on enemies everytime they are not full health is stupid.
Even if she is too strong, making snap judgements literally the day it hits PTR is weird to me. At least give her a week or two on live. After that if she's still seems too strong then we ask for a nerf.
In my opinion, she has a niche and does well there, so the buff is kind of unnecessary. She doesn't work too well on ladder, but that isn't what this game is supposed to be built around.

Even if I assume she needs a buff, it appears you are arguing that there is no middle ground between being bad and being unbalanced in the opposite direction. I don't see what would be wrong in saying a buff is needed, but this is the wrong buff.
I'm not complaining. Hack should disable passives. How many times have you hacked (hero) and he or she got away due to their passives.
02/14/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Sombraro
When literally everyone calls her useless atm, and every other person on the forums thinks she needed one?

Half of this forum are genjimains. So, yea, they will complain, she harms ninja a lot.
02/14/2018 08:23 PMPosted by MagicGnome
Most of the changes I'm ok with, but the buff to her passive is way too much. Having wallhacks on enemies everytime they are not full health is stupid.

She doesnt have this. Ive tried it. Its still 50% health enemies.

02/14/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Our patch note for her passive wasn't quite right, we're going to fix it very soon. Let me clarify what exactly is changing with it:

On live, her passive actually does 2 separate things:

1) It lets you see enemies through walls if they are less than half health
2) It lets you see enemy health bars above their heads if they are less than half health (regardless of if you had damaged them or not)

We're changing #2 so she can see health bars if they are injured at all, but #1 (wall hack) still requires <50% health to trigger. This allows her to have more information once she gets behind her enemies to plan the best way to attack. If you notice, this is also something Mercy gets when using Valkyrie and they both work the same way now.

The less than 100% health thing isnt through walls.
02/14/2018 08:05 PMPosted by DVS

this basically.
I just want you guys to remember. Supports and tanks should be priority one for Sombra. So if these buffs come out and she is too strong, don't be suprised if it's not the Genjis and Tracers complaining. Just don't be suprised if she fits with well with dive.
02/14/2018 08:33 PMPosted by nozmail
02/14/2018 08:05 PMPosted by DVS

this basically.

*cough* D.Va mains *cough*

That’s not true. It was a typo. Only at 50% which is how she was. The less then 100% is she can see a enemies health bar to choose a target. Which will be Line or sight. So she only has to see them live everyone else
No, I'm not going to complain. Even though this is going to destroy whatever pile of ash remains of my main, Reinhardt, I am happy Sombra players have finally gotten the hero they've wanted all along. You guys deserve it and you've waited long enough.
02/14/2018 10:12 PMPosted by GildTesoro

That’s not true. It was a typo. Only at 50% which is how she was. The less then 100% is she can see a enemies health bar to choose a target. Which will be Line or sight. So she only has to see them live everyone else

Basically, it can be considered a second passive.
02/14/2018 10:17 PMPosted by Hajile

Basically, it can be considered a second passive.

She could always see enemy health bars, but needed to hack them first (as I've heard?). All they did was make it so the bar is always visible as long as the target has <100% HP.

edit: I mean, like, it's literally one of the littlest buffs you can think of, and people are acting like it turns her into some kind of super-assassin rogue-like. She can see your HP if she can see you. Wow. Such buff.