Skill Requirement for Moira ≈ Genji

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
The favoritism is so damn apparent on these forums. ANYTHING that is pro-Moira is immediately upvoted, ANYTHING that is less then praise for Moira is downvoted.

Fact: Moira is an easy hero to both play and pick up. My gosh, you have a forgiving, self healing, auto aim damage ability. A heal that is “splash” and can go through multiple teammates providing some of the best healing in the game, an ultimate that both heals and deals damage AND goes through barriers. And an orb that can heal or deal damage. Her utility is vast.
02/17/2018 06:25 AMPosted by GrayJoniXx
Im not saying support should be fodder for dps, but that is how it works dps should be beat support, its common sense unless the support gets help from the team, that is acceptable but the fact that a support can 1v1 a dps here is bs

then i guess "common sense" does not apply to me...
i, for once, want to have fun in this game too, and that includes killing dps flankers that want to kill me. take that away or make it harder "because reasons" and im gone from supporting, congratz, you now have COD that looks like overwatch...

02/17/2018 06:25 AMPosted by GrayJoniXx
Also have you ever heard of not shooting a deflecting Genji?

also have you ever heard of not going 1vs1 against moira as a flanker?

02/17/2018 09:26 AMPosted by GoldenAxe
The favoritism is so damn apparent on these forums. ANYTHING that is pro-Moira is immediately upvoted, ANYTHING that is less then praise for Moira is downvoted.

Fact: Moira is an easy hero to both play and pick up. My gosh, you have a forgiving, self healing, auto aim damage ability. A heal that is “splash” and can go through multiple teammates providing some of the best healing in the game, an ultimate that both heals and deals damage AND goes through barriers. And an orb that can heal or deal damage. Her utility is vast.

true, thats the whole reason why playing her is fun. take that away and every healer is severly underperforming.
Posts like this is why everyone outside of this forum consider it a lost cause and a laughing stock.
support main here.

you're retarded if you think genji's skill ceiling is lower than moira's. genji requires a lot more experience than moira. i wouldn't call her easy, she does have a lot of depth (managing your resources, fade jumping, etc) but genji is much harder to play.
02/17/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Booperxd
support main here.

you're retarded if you think genji's skill ceiling is lower than moira's. genji requires a lot more experience than moira. i wouldn't call her easy, she does have a lot of depth (managing your resources, fade jumping, etc) but genji is much harder to play.

truth
02/17/2018 06:14 AMPosted by Gitgut
I really dont know how genji requires all that skill. When he has one of the most forgiving kits of the whole roster.

Deflect is broken and genji is invulnerable to anything that is not a beam.

Dash is a free get out of jail card.

His ultimate has huge range, huge damage and Mobility. You cant get less than 2 kills if the team is stacked.

His double jump messes with his critbox making him hard to headshot.

His spread on fan of shurikens makes it impossible to miss.

You don't know the skill he takes because you have never played him. I agree he doesn't take as much skill as some think, but to compare him to Moira is simply ridiculous.
02/17/2018 02:46 PMPosted by murkyN7
Posts like this is why everyone outside of this forum consider it a lost cause and a laughing stock.

You know there's no hope when you compare a character who requires little to no mechanical aim to one who has 3 slow, low damaging projectiles and can require almost every type of aim in the game (deflect).
With Genji, you have to be constantly attempting to keep a steady amount of damage while moving as well. You're squishy as a sponge, and you guys say that SS is a get-out-of-jail-free card, but thing is, most heroes outrange his dash, and after he uses it, he's a sitting duck. He can't always use it on the fly, as that's a poor choice, to use it properly he has to dash on low health targets so he always has that extra escape when he needs it.

Deflect? Yeah, I agree, the hitbox is a bit f-ed up, but once that's fixed, I don't see any reason to think it's broken. I mean, it's nowhere near "literally destroy every single projectile coming your way whenever you please" levels of bull!@#$, unlike a certain character, and it's quite easy to waste and has a longer cooldown too. If he uses it around Symm, Mei, Moira, or even Zarya, he's dead anyways, making it useless in many situations it would've been great.

Dragonblade is easy to f up. If they get out of your range and you didn't make that first kill, and you're out of dash, you're screwed.

If you think Genji is a no-skill hero, you are very wrong. Moira, I can understand, though I still find fun in playing her, she is quite easy though she has the lowest DPS main weapon in the game.
thats it, the moira mains have lost it and taken control, the coalition of reason on this forums is at an all time low and the idiots who play their "low skill high reward" heroes are winning
According to stats on Overbuff, Moira has just about Mercy's average healing, but is also much more lethal.

See for yourselves : https://www.overbuff.com/heroes

With these parameters :
This week
PC
Competitive
Support
All

Seems fair to me. LUL.
I really dont know how genji requires all that skill. When he has one of the most forgiving kits of the whole roster.

His ultimate has huge range, huge damage and Mobility. You cant get less than 2 kills if the team is stacked.

play something other than mercy before you talk about genji being easy to play maybe
I would appreciate it if Moira's damage orb refilled her healing resources, but as a trade-off, her Biotic Grasp's range was severely nerfed.

I'm willing to believe Moira is a balanced hero requires a lot of situational awareness to play. But having a beam latched onto you from 20 meters away is a bit silly.

>one trick mercy

>"genji requires no skill"
A good genji requires more skills at aiming and dodging.

A good Moira requires better teamwork.
02/18/2018 05:50 PMPosted by EnderLegends

>one trick mercy

>"genji requires no skill"

He doesn't actually requires skill. He's hard to master completly but never will require a huge amount of skill to be efficient. And even then... A lot of people say he requires skill to play, he's hard to play and all... But why is it that every Genji I play against seems to know all his combos and gimmicks? That's why I question his difficulty level.

Again, I'm not bashing against Genji, but that's just how I feel about him. Small hitbox, insane mobility, extremely high burst damage (I mean... the guy can one shot 200 hp heroes...). The list can go on and on.
50 hours on Moira and like 3 minutes on genji

I will not argue which takes more skill since its all based on opnions.

I enjoyed playing healer
I hated playing genji

That is all
extremely high burst damage (I mean... the guy can one shot 200 hp heroes...
How???
they need to make Moira half a star instead of 2 stars and then Genji's difficulty is fine where it is when you hit F1. don't know why she is 2 stars
02/17/2018 09:26 AMPosted by GoldenAxe

Over half the hero roster in Overwatch has machine guns, explosives, lasers, spray n' pray, shields that absorb bullets and a press Q to delete the enemy team ability.

This isn't Counterstrike where pro players memorize spray patterns for guns and you either hit headshots or you die. This isn't even Quake or Unreal Tournament. In those games, you just have guns.

People who pretend they're in some elite class of gamer because they pick a certain hero in Overwatch...really aren't. I love Overwatch but the hero elitism on the forums sometimes is just downright silly.
02/17/2018 05:49 AMPosted by HurrDurr
Title.

Only a flanker main would think Moira is low skill ceiling character.

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.