Should Mei's ultimate be deflectable?

General Discussion
One buff that would help Mei a lot is for Genji to be unable to deflect her ultimate, and D.Va to be unable to delete it with defense matrix.

It doesn't really make sense that Mei's ult can be deflected/matrix'd, but D.Va's ult can't be deflected/matrix'd. It's actually quite similar to D.Va's ultimate - it's machine projectile which has an aoe effect in a small area.

This small buff would help Mei's viability a lot.
I agree. Mei's ult can also be thought of as it's own character, Snowball. It's omnic abuse that Dva's matrix can eat him, and I don't care how powerful deflect is, it could never force him to double cross Mei!
It's a good idea but

I don't think genji deflecting blizzard is the reason why my teammates tilt every time someone on the team picks mei.
Well it would be very confusing since it would be the only projectile that could go through Defense matrix/deflect. It wouldn't make sense why that would be the one exception. To make this happen you would need Mei''s ult to not be a projectile.
I don't think that's the issue.

The main issue I have with Mei is that having your ult cancelled because you died while your ult is casting is a really stupid mechanic lol.
Snowball is still a projectile. If they changed that, other physical projectiles should be changed as well in the sport of fairness.

02/17/2018 02:48 PMPosted by CaptPlanet
It doesn't really make sense that Mei's ult can be deflected/matrix'd, but D.Va's ult can't be deflected/matrix'd.

D.Va's ultimate isn't a projectile, Mei is. D.Va's is a Pulse.
I wouldn't class Snowball as a projectile, since he isn't fired, he is a small complex machine, complex in the sense that Mei's vid shows him as being essentially a borderline sentient AI.

In a lore driven point of view it is ridiculous that Snowball gets delfected, as that would say that Genjis' sword has the ability to reprogram an AI on touch.

(Corrected namings as I am useless with names)
Yeah, Snowball clearly has intelligence, I don't think he would be like "Oh I got hit with a sword, better turn around and Freeze Mei instead"

I also think he's smart enough to continue activating if Mei dies before she finishes throwing him, but that's another thing entirely.
You just took 2 ults with different purposes and types and treat them like they're the same?

Stupidity is not a right.
I wouldn't class Snowflake as a projectile

Doesn't matter what you would class Snowflake as. Developers have classified Snowball as a Projectile. It's a projectile.
I can't remember the last time I saw a Mei ult get either deflected or eaten with DM, and I play a lot of D.Va.
Treat snowball like a building like Orisa shield then?
It's not? It's DM-able, so why can't we Deflect it?

DM and Deflect work on the exact same things.

But Deflect is already broken enough that we shouldn't give Genji anything else with his bloated ability.
Just throw the ult straight up xD

If this change happens. Then genji should be able to deflect D.Va Ult. Hmph.
02/17/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Splenectomy
I can't remember the last time I saw a Mei ult get either deflected or eaten with DM, and I play a lot of D.Va.

Do you remember the last time you saw a projectile ult that is not Pharah's or Roadhog's getting either eaten or deflected? I do. It was when I deflected a Pulse Bomb and even killed with it a few hours ago.
Developers have classified Snowball as a Projectile. It's a projectile.

Yes they do, and for that, I believe they are wrong.
To class Snowball as a projectile, is to contradict not just the lore, but also contradicts what Snowball actually is.
Snowball is not a projectile, he's a robot and a dear friend. If he's being deflected or destroyed by defense matrix then so should all other robots. Hmpf
I always thought Snowball should be like Orisa's ult. It can be destroyed but it would be kinda hard.

But then snipers would just delete it
02/17/2018 03:10 PMPosted by DrgHybrid
I wouldn't class Snowflake as a projectile

Doesn't matter what you would class Snowflake as. Developers have classified Snowball as a Projectile. It's a projectile.

Yeah well the developers aren't the sharpest tools in the shed now are they? With Jeff being the only exception. And MAYBE(And that's a giant maybe) Geoff.
02/17/2018 03:09 PMPosted by ImAMistake
You just took 2 ults with different purposes and types and treat them like they're the same?

Stupidity is not a right.

Just looked at your profile and it explains your response.