Moira is really annoying vs McCree

General Discussion
Some heroes just can't beat others in 1v1. For example tracer is the best hero for 1v1 imo. So you should not let a tracer isolate you from your team. Same thing can be valid for Moira if you are playing heroes that can not beat her.
02/18/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Nihil
02/18/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Skyfoogle
And if he misses 2 of those shots he's probably dead.

Well, that's the point of McCree. He is a hero who requires pretty good aim. If you someone who tends to miss shots, you shouldn't play him. Or save your flashbang.

Everyone misses but moira is the only 200 up hero that can survive more than 3 mcree shots and if you miss 2 bullets your dead even if you have flash or land a headshot. It should not take this much effort to kill a 200 hp hero.
McCree is burst damage, Burst Damage > Sustained healing which is why people die during Trans. And make sure you Combat Roll away from the orb, because people stupidly enough walk into range of it and expect to win even though you're kinda screwing yourself over.
You literally need to press E and right click and moira is dead
02/18/2018 07:35 AMPosted by M4D
Some heroes just can't beat others in 1v1. For example tracer is the best hero for 1v1 imo. So you should not let a tracer isolate you from your team. Same thing can be valid for Moira if you are playing heroes that can not beat her.

Problem is only tanks can beat her reliably but if a tank goes to kill her he lgives the enemy space to kill his team. I do not want her g or healing to be needed but just to make it so she can't spam and hold her shoot button. Add an ammo count or something so it does not feel impossible to beat her, at this point I'd rather 1 v 1 the best Lucio in the world as when he kills you you know you were outplayed.

With moira you can land 4 bullets and still die, hit her with helix and she still gets away, stick a pulse bomb for nothing, jump on her with Winston just for her to fade and dmg you from 20m aways. Fighting a moira is more a chore than a challenge as the moira can just crouch spam and hold shoot and profit due to her tiny hit box and unlimited ammo
02/18/2018 07:52 AMPosted by MagyTheMage
You literally need to press E and right click and moira is dead

The moira can stay very far away from flash range and still dominate you though, her beam is almost as long as mcrees optimal dmg range
Overwatch sucks, right guys
Moira is teaching you to stick with your team.

Can't you get one head shot, flash bag, then headshot to kill her?
02/18/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Snorlax
You don't have to stay far away you just have to be positioned properly and hit your shots. McCree is one of the most difficult heroes to master because positioning is everything. The difference between a master and gm McCree isn't a huge difference in aim, it's knowing where to be and when to be there. Oh that D Va dived you and you're 20 yards from the nearest teammate? Welp, that's too bad, try again next life.

And moira just has to crouch spam and keep her cursor on you
02/18/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Mariox
Moira is teaching you to stick with your team.

Can't you get one head shot, flash bag, then headshot to kill her?

That's easier said than done. She has a tiny head hit box (which I think is find as it gives supports survivability) but she also has huge head Bob when when flashed and can crouch spam indefinetly
02/18/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Lemoi356
02/18/2018 07:35 AMPosted by M4D

Problem is only tanks can beat her reliably but if a tank goes to kill her he lgives the enemy space to kill his team. I do not want her g or healing to be needed but just to make it so she can't spam and hold her shoot button. Add an ammo count or something so it does not feel impossible to beat her, at this point I'd rather 1 v 1 the best Lucio in the world as when he kills you you know you were outplayed.

With moira you can land 4 bullets and still die, hit her with helix and she still gets away, stick a pulse bomb for nothing, jump on her with Winston just for her to fade and dmg you from 20m aways. Fighting a moira is more a chore than a challenge as the moira can just crouch spam and hold shoot and profit due to her tiny hit box and unlimited ammo

Well i can say what i said before, again. You do not have to 1v1 her. I can't imagine a scenario where you exactly need to do that with mccree. Maybe you need to do that with tracer or genji. She is easy to kill with tracer but sometimes you have to watch her orb's cooldown to get close. And i agree that she is good against genji imo.
02/18/2018 08:19 AMPosted by M4D
02/18/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Lemoi356

Well i can say what i said before, again. You do not have to 1v1 her. I can't imagine a scenario where you exactly need to do that with mccree. Maybe you need to do that with tracer or genji. She is easy to kill with tracer but sometimes you have to watch her orb's cooldown to get close. And i agree that she is good against genji imo.

A 1v1 is not something that occurs when you fight someone away from your team it can also occur when with a team. If a mCree is tasked to take moira during the fight it should require lesseffort for moira to do what would require more almost double the effort.
To clarify I do not think that healers should be defenseless like some on the forum would assume but rather that it should require the same amount of effort from both of the dps and the healer to kill the other and mistakes that are made from both parties should be punished but this not the case with moira.

Some examlples:
Zen and tracer: Tracer has the advantage over Zen which is clear but if she makes a mistake or the Zen hits a headshot than tracer will lose the fight.

Ana and other dps: Ana can kill all dps if she lands her shots and the same is true for the dps fighting her.

Mercy and genji: if the mercy cam bait genji deflect than she has a strong chance in defeating the genji or she can guardian angle away

Lucio and dps: A good Lucio can take out all dps but if the dps is as good as the Lucio he can do just as well against a good Lucio.

Moira and dps: the dps requires more effort to defeat moira than she does to defeat them. In some cases this makes sense like genji and moira but in other cases like mCree and moira it does not as mCree can hot most of his bullets but the moira can still win the fight.

I do not want moira's dps or healing nerfed but rather for it to be a match up that varies from through skill. At the moment a mCree with 50 hrs has to out more effort to kill a moira with 5 hours which should not be the case
agreed, for a lock on damage ability on a support, her range is far too long. I think the first change Moira will see is cutting down her range.
That is really true, it is really annoying to get into a fight with her.
sad thing is McCrees range is same as Moira.......Yes Moiras doesnt extend past 20 m and McCrees does but you just have even harder time taking Moira out with falloff damage. Moira can just out heal your damage at that point.

Moiras range should be dropped to like 17 from 20
Just click her head LOOOOOOOL