Farewell thread (forum 1.0)

General Discussion
Hey, Fiotality here! The +1100 post girl that came from the Latin American forum.
So, tomorrow is the last day of these forums, new changes are coming to them, and our old posts are getting moved to an archive.

So far, this is my 1158th post. I've made around 750 posts in this forum and 400 in the LatAm one. I check the general discussion every day, I really want to keep up to date on what is the community talking about and join the conversations.

By using this forum, we saw the game grow.
We suggested ideas to make the game better, we exchanged tips to improve our gameplay, we helped people get their achievements, made posts appreciating "x" hero mains, we helped others to get their dream PC for the game, and many other things... I've met many good people here. Despite we can argue and get angry sometimes, I fell in love with this community.

This forum is like a virtual home, and you are my family. We're all brothers and sisters, and devs are the elders. This is a place where I can't feel alone. Overwatch means a lot to me.

Thanks for everything.

I really want to thank RichC, Fragehardt, JellyAndJam, SunsetHippo and GenjiIsCool7 for being so positive with me and everyone on this forum. And I want to thank everybody who always replies my threads!

Now I'll see you at my next posts, on the other side of the forum!

And just like Balderich told us:
LIVE WITH HONOR, DIE WITH GLORY!

Love,
Fio.
Let’s do this.

Hope to See you in the forums 2.0, Fiotality;)
I look forward to seeing everyone's posts on the new forum. I just hope we can start it out with overwhelming positivity! :)
02/18/2018 05:16 PMPosted by JellyandJam
Let’s do this.

See you there Jelly ♥ Thanks for all your positivity!
02/18/2018 05:21 PMPosted by Fiotality
02/18/2018 05:16 PMPosted by JellyandJam
Let’s do this.

See you there Jelly ♥ Thanks for all your positivity!

I wouldn’t have it any other way. Thank you for the support;)
02/18/2018 05:21 PMPosted by Wonderful
I look forward to seeing everyone's posts on the new forum. I just hope we can start it out with overwhelming positivity! :)

Yes!
GOOD BYE ♡
This noodle is excited to see what the new forum is like! Just hope it’s not really bright and white, or at least has a color option. The dark design is a lot easier on my poor light sensitive eyes. :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4
I'll see you all when the journey is over. Can't wait to see our new home. I hope to see as many of you there as possible including you op.
I wonder if the like/dislike feature will remain in the new forum.

See you all on the other side!
I'm using the opportunity of the forum rebuild to actually make a break away from them. With old posts all going away and everything starting over, I'm going to remove the bookmark from my browser and simply avoid the new forums.

This is one of the few games (besides WoW years ago) where I actually visit the forums. And I've discovered that I tend to enjoy a game much, much more when I don't go to its forums.

I started liking WoW again when I stopped visiting the forums and never went back several years ago. So, it's been fun and all, but when these forums end, I'm just going to get back to enjoying Overwatch again without ever coming back to this place.
02/19/2018 04:09 PMPosted by kilmeran
I'm using the opportunity of the forum rebuild to actually make a break away from them. With old posts all going away and everything starting over, I'm going to remove the bookmark from my browser and simply avoid the new forums.

This is one of the few games (besides WoW years ago) where I actually visit the forums. And I've discovered that I tend to enjoy a game much, much more when I don't go to its forums.

I started liking WoW again when I stopped visiting the forums and never went back several years ago. So, it's been fun and all, but when these forums end, I'm just going to get back to enjoying Overwatch again without ever coming back to this place.

I know exactly what you mean. I start overthinking things when I’m playing and getting annoyed by things I wouldn’t normally be annoyed by because I remember the majority opinion on that thing and a lot of times it conflicts with mine. But I’ll still come here for the drama, and because otherwise I’d never know who’s getting nerfed next and I’d rather not be surprised.
02/19/2018 04:17 PMPosted by noodlebleps
02/19/2018 04:09 PMPosted by kilmeran

I know exactly what you mean. I start overthinking things when I’m playing and getting annoyed by things I wouldn’t normally be annoyed by because I remember the majority opinion on that thing and a lot of times it conflicts with mine. But I’ll still come here for the drama, and because otherwise I’d never know who’s getting nerfed next and I’d rather not be surprised.

Having been an MMO player for almost 20 years now, I'm so used to nerfs and buffs when they hit in a patch note that it doesn't even phase me any more.

One thing I like that the WoW website does that Overwatch does not, is that they have a section for PTR patch notes when the PTR has something on it.

Here, I suppose that I can keep an eye on the PTR for Overwatch by selecting PTR as my region on the launcher (even though I uninstalled it months ago), and clicking "Patch Notes" under options. So, there's that at least.
tfw you didnt post enough on the forums for people to recognize you.
feels bad man.
Iam very excited, so everything from scratch? you start from post 1 again?

See you there!
Cya on the other side Flo!
02/19/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Ares

See you there!

I'm doubting that, since post-count is a total of posts made across all Blizzard games on the Battlenet account.

Trust me, I don't have 1300+ Overwatch posts, Not even close. A vast, vast majority are WoW posts over many years.
02/19/2018 04:43 PMPosted by kilmeran
02/19/2018 04:40 PMPosted by Ares

See you there!

I'm doubting that, since post-count is a total of posts made across all Blizzard games on the Battlenet account.

Trust me, I don't have 1300+ Overwatch posts, Not even close. A vast, vast majority are WoW posts over many years.

Heh..leet posts, but let's drink for the last night of this place, to greener pastures