Can't Duel Moira as Tracer ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Theoretically? Yes. Actually achieving this? No. By the time you go in for the melee at the end of the clip, her beam would of healed her just enough to stay alive. It would take a clip+melee on a completely unaware Moira that isn’t already damaging something.

02/19/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Crusher48
Tracer can still one-clip Moira, just like she can one-clip anyone with 200 health.
If you are inexperienced Tracer, then yes.

Moira was the answer to all supports being basically a free kill to flankers. She does have weakness vs anything with high dmg (e.g. reaper) or high survival (see roadhog).
- The flanker job and strengh : 1v1 situation, assassination
- The flanker weakness : They can't do anything against a group and can't target and kill someone protected without take huge risk of getting rekted.

- Healer job and strengh : Stick with the group, heal and enjoy an easy life.
- Healer weakness : never be alone or the big bad wolf is coming to eat you.

If the healer can survive 1v1 against flanker ( or even win ? ), what is the flanker job ? The healer can still do her job if her team play together but i can't do my job even when they don't.

So when Ana player complain about being unable to defend themself alone, you are all agree to buff her. So now when she can survive alone against flanker ... ok, so what is my job ?

At least my job could be to punish people that aren't playing teamplay ...
Moira has a high DPS for a healer. That's her trade of though, she doesn't have a 2nd utility like Lucio with his speed boost, Zen with his discords, etc. Because of that though she has a much better shot at protecting herself and the other support from flankers so it's a tradeoff.
02/19/2018 06:27 AMPosted by TableTopper
Moira has a high DPS for a healer.
actually, no. she has the lowest DPS of all the healers, but you could say she has the most consistent damage output out of the healer roster!
Every character should be special. Moira is special because of that, she can duel 1v1 except against tanks or enemies with high burst damage.
02/19/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Nalfein
- The flanker job and strengh : 1v1 situation, assassination
- The flanker weakness : They can't do anything against a group and can't target and kill someone protected without take huge risk of getting rekted.

- Healer job and strengh : Stick with the group, heal and enjoy an easy life.
- Healer weakness : never be alone or the big bad wolf is coming to eat you.

If the healer can survive 1v1 against flanker ( or even win ? ), what is the flanker job ? The healer can still do her job if her team play together but i can't do my job even when they don't.

So when Ana player complain about being unable to defend themself alone, you are all agree to buff her. So now when she can survive alone against flanker ... ok, so what is my job ?

At least my job could be to punish people that aren't playing teamplay ...

There are other characters than Tracer and Genji. Ever heard of counters?

If enemy picks heroes that counter mine, i pick something else.
02/19/2018 05:50 AMPosted by Pulse
Is it normal? No certaintly not

Ana, Lucio or Zen could fight you if skilled enough, keyword SKILL

Moira is a low skilled, no aim, best healing in the game, insane sustain survability and mobility hero, that gets to counter the highest skill ceiling and mechanically demanding heroes holding right click

They had to cater to the low skilled players at some point

I play a lot of Moira, and she's not as easy as you think. Sure, her beam sticks, but the hit box is pretty small, so a genji or tracer can just use better movement to avoid a pretty good amount of damage from that. The the orb thing happens. Not sure if you know this, but in the open that orb goes in one direction... How about dashing or blinking at right angles, or straight through it???
I think you just need to play her weakness, instead of thinking that she should just be a free kill for you. I will say that the amount of healing she gets during her Ult is probably a little much.

Moira is a low skilled, no aim, best healing in the game, insane sustain survability and mobility hero, that gets to counter the highest skill ceiling and mechanically demanding heroes holding right click

Bahaha

There is a large difference between a good moira and a bad one.

Keep throwing out "low skill" whenever you get manhandled by a good moira. It kind of implies you are lower skilled.
02/19/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Nalfein
Im not a super good player but it is normal that a support make me scare and run away from her ?
Yeah; Moira counters Tracer. You're getting a lot of downvotes here, however, I appreciate that you aren't complaining about it like many people are.
Im not a super good player but it is normal that a support make me scare and run away from her ?

Actually it is really easy to kill Moira with Tracer. Moira is very good to defend herself from flankers like Genji. (except if Genji is ulting on her)
But since the trick of Moira is that she has to damage you to heal herself, Traceris very good in avoiding her attack. Just unload your mag into Moira and she is dead.

If you're a good shot you can end her with two clips. Get better
Moira isn't really a counter to Tracer. It's till a skill based matchup. The raw mechanics do favor Moira slightly, but I'd not be at all surprised to see Tracer beat Moira in a 1v1.
02/19/2018 06:42 AMPosted by calamnet

Bahaha

Keep throwing out "low skill" whenever you get manhandled by a good moira. It kind of implies you are lower skilled.

I have more than double of your SR tho...
02/19/2018 05:33 AMPosted by ColinthePyro
02/19/2018 05:29 AMPosted by Julfy
Um... It's not about her being a support that can fight DPS, it's about her being a great counter to Tracer.

Or do you say all supports are supposed to be the weakest fighters?

well..they should always be worse fighters than DPS because they have healing. Tanks win most 1v1s anyway. So...yes? Why should the best support fighter also get the best healing?

I would say that every form of play should have some sort of counter, including being able to just make a pick of the Healer and snowball from there. That’s viable almost every other time and creates a stale environment if nothing else is as reliable. With a Moira on the enemy team, the strategy should change to make a pick of someone else first and divide the enemy team because Moira is a close-range Healer with offensive capability. Where as with Mercy, her Ressurect dictates she should be the first pick. Moira just opposes that and disrupts old tactics.

In that way, making more diverse characters can make more possible tactical approaches thay keep the game fresh and ever changing. The game becomes more about adaptation than about traditional, tried and true tactics for every situation. I hope to see more new characters that force interesting changes the way Moira has.

Moira feels to me like an indirect buff to Mei, because dividing the enemy team is a specialty of hers and she is fair at dealing with Moira in general.
02/19/2018 06:05 AMPosted by Crusher48
Tracer can still one-clip Moira, just like she can one-clip anyone with 200 health.

Assuming they stand still like a turtle lol.
But either way, I love it when I see em tracers running away from moira or losing to her.
If you ever go up against an extremely good Ana or Zen, they will put the fear of God into you as well.
02/19/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Pulse
02/19/2018 06:42 AMPosted by calamnet

Bahaha

I have more than double of your SR tho...

Are you comparing yourself to me? A relatively new player that doesn't play competitive? Really.....lol
02/19/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Nethermoosen
In that way, making more diverse characters can make more possible tactical approaches thay keep the game fresh and ever changing. The game becomes more about adaptation than about traditional, tried and true tactics for every situation. I hope to see more new characters that force interesting changes the way Moira has.

It should be healthy, but for some, the idea that Moira should not be answered by "Dive on it" with a Genji/Tracer to camp her all game long must mean that she's obviously broken, rather than people picking the worst possible tools against her. It's high time we stopped having a whole category of heroes universally countered by the same two chars, and actually gave healers the opportunity to switch when countered. Now if the other healers weren't so lame, we might get somewhere, even start to approach the original idea of switching heroes mid game.
And just as a little information if you keep getting killed by a *DPS-Moira* Play D.Va and hold Right Click when she throws a dmg Orb to you're team. Eaten, now kill her with easy bc there's no *real* healing left you can't out burst as D.Va. Me as Tracer Main, I don't even have to kill her, She's distracted, not like Zen, Orb on Tank, fight tracer, Moira has to Fully commit for a 1v1, and I can simply poke her, again, again, again. If she gets annoyed and wants to kill me, I go back, if she follows, she's dead. If I'm lucky, I can kill her, else I'll just ignore her and kill what I can kill first, and then maybe check again on moira. (If Orb and Fade are on CD, you can literally stand in front of her and kill her, if shes alone)