Can't Duel Moira as Tracer ?

General Discussion
02/19/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Nalfein
Im not a super good player but it is normal that a support make me scare and run away from her ?

I see these kinds of posts all the time and it seem people forget a very important factor:

Moira versus Genji/Tracer results in stalemate (assuming equal skill, both healthy with nothing on cooldown). This means, Genji/Tracer often run away but Moira also lives.

This is different from say Tracer vs Zenyatta:‌ either Zen ends up dead or Tracer.

So as Tracer, your goal against Zen is to take him and have a positive win rate (i.e., you win against Zen more often than you die) whereas your goal against Moira should be to disrupt Moira and create some sort of harassment for as long as possible and prevent Moira from doing her job.
People keep throwing out Moira as no aim as if she's Symmetra, when that's hardly the case, yes she has some cling on her beam, but if your cursor isn't on the target somewhere then you're not going to hit them.
Moira vs Genji should NOT end in a stalemate. If Moira isn't an idiot with her mobility/evasion. Moira can also throw in her damage orb when Genji is less than half health, toss if off a wall and by the time he reflects it he should be basically dead.
02/19/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Pulse
02/19/2018 06:42 AMPosted by calamnet

Bahaha

There is a large difference between a good moira and a bad one.

Keep throwing out "low skill" whenever you get manhandled by a good moira. It kind of implies you are lower skilled.

I have more than double of your SR tho...

And yet, here you are, whining about someone you could one clip
02/19/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Pulse
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Bahaha

There is a large difference between a good moira and a bad one.

Keep throwing out "low skill" whenever you get manhandled by a good moira. It kind of implies you are lower skilled.

I have more than double of your SR tho...

And still I see more competence in him/her than in you. Just looking at the comments you made.
(not to mention the 200+ level difference between you two, and just by looking and comparing at the ammount of medals/cards ect you earned and he/she earned, I would say....that SR of your's isn't exactly your own achivement alone)

But saying "Moira is a low skilled, no aim, best healing in the game" is showing that you have no idea how Moira works. Her beam isn't working as Symmetra's beam. It has a very small hitbox, and you need pretty good tracking to keep a constantly bunnyhopping Genji or blinking Tracer damaged. Not to mention a speedboosted wallriding and hopping Lucio. Dude for me it is even easier to constantly track my target with Soldier than with Moira.

And you can screw your "best healing in the game" if the enemy team has a composition with mid to long range heroes where Moira has no chance and distance to damage anyone. She will depleat her healing pool faster as you can refill it.
02/19/2018 07:46 AMPosted by FAC3theMUSIK
Moira vs Genji should NOT end in a stalemate. If Moira isn't an idiot with her mobility/evasion. Moira can also throw in her damage orb when Genji is less than half health, toss if off a wall and by the time he reflects it he should be basically dead.

I disagree. Genji has the initiative. It is Genji who decides how and from which angle to jump on Moira so he should not jump in such a way that there is no way to retreat. So assuming equal skill, Genji should just be able to run away.
02/19/2018 07:52 AMPosted by Xitah
02/19/2018 07:46 AMPosted by FAC3theMUSIK

I disagree. Genji has the initiative. It is Genji who decides how and from which angle to jump on Moira so he should not jump in such a way that there is no way to retreat. So assuming equal skill, Genji should just be able to run away.

Well most of the Genji players I encounter as Moira, are still trying to deflect the beam. :D After that...i'm not wondering about anything :D
02/19/2018 08:01 AMPosted by Nihil
02/19/2018 07:52 AMPosted by Xitah

Well most of the Genji players I encounter as Moira, are still trying to deflect the beam. :D After that...i'm not wondering about anything :D

God I love it when Genjis smash their free pass button that is deflect and look at the few characters that ignore it and wonder what is wrong :P
02/19/2018 08:06 AMPosted by CamKitty
God I love it when Genjis smash their free pass button that is deflect and look at the few characters that ignore it and wonder what is wrong :P

They do it to reflect the damage orb -> force the fade. Without that Moira isn't hard to kill but with the orb she's insane in 1v1.
Thank god we're playing a team shooter :P
Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8tr65IkXiE
2:11 Dafran S76- Moira 1v1 with orb :D
I don't have any issues with Moira. I keep the chaos to a minimum in the back line.

It's nice having orbs to cut off Tracer's escapes, especially on tight quarters maps.
02/19/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Reitanna
02/19/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Nalfein
- The flanker job and strengh : 1v1 situation, assassination
- The flanker weakness : They can't do anything against a group and can't target and kill someone protected without take huge risk of getting rekted.

- Healer job and strengh : Stick with the group, heal and enjoy an easy life.
- Healer weakness : never be alone or the big bad wolf is coming to eat you.

If the healer can survive 1v1 against flanker ( or even win ? ), what is the flanker job ? The healer can still do her job if her team play together but i can't do my job even when they don't.

So when Ana player complain about being unable to defend themself alone, you are all agree to buff her. So now when she can survive alone against flanker ... ok, so what is my job ?

At least my job could be to punish people that aren't playing teamplay ...

There are other characters than Tracer and Genji. Ever heard of counters?

If enemy picks heroes that counter mine, i pick something else.

Well, lately i hVe bern playing lucio much better. A little bit like dpsstanky, and i can win 1v1 agai st genji, soldier... yes, i know that i am silver, but i feel good winning them

Now, mei and sombra changes are going to hurt me a lot. Even moira is hurting me, as she is good damaging a parkouring lucio. So i need to learn new characters. But is not a problem, is part of ghe game.

People say thst symm is broken in ctf. I take winston and i catch the flag. Then symm switches to bastion to counter me. Then i seitch to roadhog to flank and hook bastion. Is part of the game.
It is a little ridiculous that Moira has the best healing by far, the best mobility/escape/sustain by far for supports (barring maybe Lucio), takes literally no aim to play, and can still take 1v1s with ease against heroes that really should kill her
02/19/2018 09:06 AMPosted by orangejuice
It is a little ridiculous that Moira has the best healing by far, the best mobility/escape/sustain by far for supports (barring maybe Lucio), takes literally no aim to play, and can still take 1v1s with ease against heroes that really should kill her
As someone who never played a single secound of Moira, I think your oppinion here is by far the most invalid.
Im not a super good player but it is normal that a support make me scare and run away from her ?
No moira is op
02/19/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Ay00b
No moira is op
Says AGAIN someone (more precisely a Genji main) who has never played her.
(4 secounds isn't considered as "playing")
if you catch her out of fade you can probably one clip her. She's not huge but she has a regular hitbox, not a thin one like D.va or Mercy for instance.
Yep..> Moira is terrible when u play Tracer.. i ,main tracer and i really dont like Moira in that case... but you need to play around her, and then its fine..

But when i play Moira (my second most played) then yep tracers are so easy to kill haha..
If you make her burn both her fade and her orb then you have done your job.

She aint gonma be healing much for the next 10 seconds.

Just regroup, heal up and try again.
Key is to engage when she is not paying attention then blink out of her range then back in and try to get head shots. You can 1v1 her but you need to learn when to stay out of her range also you recall is good vs her to heal you back up.
Dva cant fight Zarya alone.... Zarya OP Nerf nao!!
Genji cant fight Symetra alone... Symetra OP Nerf nao!!
Widow cant fight Winston alone... Winston OP Nerf nao!!

I'm so sick and tired of hearing this stupid argument that genji and tracer cant fight moira 1v1 so moira OP... lock on weapons are their counter (whispers and moira's damage is the lowest in the game)

"But skitzo She has the damage ball!" The only time you should be diving moira is during a team fight. If you can make moira use a damage orb on you then you have just taken away the largest healing ability of the enemy team for 10 seconds. Her strength is not damage... its healing. The effect the damage orb has during a team fight is insignificant compared to her healing orb.

I used to throw my damage orb into team fights when i just started out... till i watched some of my gameplay back in slowmotion and realized that the damage orb flying into a team of enemies does 1 bar of health to each character then vanishes.

Moira is not op... just use your brain while fighting her.
1.Forcing her to blink away means she is now too far from her team to heal properly.

2.Forcing out a damage orb in the middle of a teamfight cripples their teams survivability for 10 seconds.

3.Forcing a moira to try and beam you to death with her tickle beam means that she cant heal her team during that tickle fight.