Can't Duel Moira as Tracer ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
02/19/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Nalfein
Im not a super good player but it is normal that a support make me scare and run away from her ?

Tracer is my most played across all modes and I can fight Moira's easily as long as I'm not dumb and trying to head on 1v1 her from across the map.
02/19/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Nalfein
Im not a super good player but it is normal that a support make me scare and run away from her ?

Rock, meet paper.

it's called being countered.
At most when going up against moira as a tracer it should end in a stalemate. Its going to be hard to kill a good moira, but they shouldn't be killing you either.

Your chances increase by quite a bit if you hit her when her orb is on cool down.

But even if you aren't killing her and just harassing, keeping her attention on you and not her team, you are still doing your job.
Tracer main here. I can kill Moiras and Moiras can kill me too. It comes down to who is the more skilled player. It's a challenging duel which I personally enjoy.
02/19/2018 05:22 AMPosted by SilentStorm
It's not normal.
So naturally, all the DPS mains complain that she is OP and nerf, nerf , nerf!
(Obviously not ALL Dps mains, mostly Gengus and Tracers complaining that a support hero isn't just a free elimination to boost their ego.
what about Sym players?

her decay has a net of 83 hps/dps, and double the range of Sym's weapon.
... oh yeah, and she got healing.

02/19/2018 05:21 AMPosted by LittleTako
her weakness is she can't battle more than 1 enemy
"but she loses 2-1 fight"?

sorry, but we're not in a stage that that is considered a viable weakness.
I mean I know it must be super annoying to not be able to deal very well with Moira as Tracer. But wasn't Tracer originally suposed to be a glass canon? that could only deal with a handfull of heroes without dying. So it's not surprising that a character suposed to only deal with some heroes is not being able to deal with all of the heroes.
Dva cant fight Zarya alone.... Zarya OP Nerf nao!!
Genji cant fight Symetra alone... Symetra OP Nerf nao!!
Widow cant fight Winston alone... Winston OP Nerf nao!!

I have no problem being countered by a tank or a DPS but not a support. Stop telling me that it's normal.

Since when a support is suppose to counter a flanker ? This is the flankers's job to counter support ... literally ...
Listen, if I—with less than 20 hours on Tracer and horrible console aim—can kill Moira, anyone on Tracer can kill Moira. The key is to sneak up on her, get super close (the closer you are the better Tracer is!) and shoot her in the back of the head. She will go down with one clip, or one clip + melee. DO NOT try to face her head-on, if she notices you there is no shame in running away! Especially if she tries to use the orb combo, Recall and Blink tf out of there! Also keep in mind Moira doesn’t have a hard lock-on like Symmetra does, she still has to track you, and Tracer is much harder to track than Genji thanks to Blink and her tiny hitbox.

It’s okay to be afraid! No matter a hero’s class, you shouldn’t take anyone lightly.
she's probably the first support to be allowed to do that, you best go for some other squishies instead, her weakness is she can't battle more than 1 enemy

All other supports can and do deal more damage than her. FYI she's the first support than actually fight against multiple targets with biotic orb.
smart tracers wait till moira use her orb (heal or damage on something else) then attack her. tracers got all advantage. The problem is tracers and genjis are use to just dive and kill somthing and scape with a smile in the face. Now there is challenge and tey dont like it.
I think all those "Tracer can't duel Moira" is bull!@#$.

You blink, you unload a clip into her head + melee and she is dead. Plain and simple. She can't even locate and can't even activate right click if you do it correctly. And If you can't, the followings happened :

1. You shoot her not close enough ie. you shoot her at mid range, which plays in her optimal range of RMB, and you cannot unload all on her, giving her room to suck you and prolong the fight.

2. you engaged her in a small room, give her chance to optimize her orb.

3. Did not wait until her orb is on cooldown to engage.

4. Someone else was present. It's not actually a duel. You feel like you were dueling because the sucking sound of right click is more prominent in your memory.

Moira's dps is non-comparable to tracer. You can't shoot her mid-range, missing half the clip and being sucked to death and then blame her. It might work on other supports because it takes more effort for them to fight you than you fight them. The orb of Moira simply reduce this unfairness tracer possesses.

When you complain, always remember :

1. tracer and genji always has an edge towards other characters due to their mobility.

2. This create an unfairness between their fight.

3. The effort needed for others to combat genji and tracer, is much much larger than that of Genji and tracer.

4. Some characters, like Winstons, symmetra, junkrat or Moira (which I don't think she can, in fact) they simply REDUCE this unfairness created by genji and tracer.

5. When you complain those characters are unfair, ALWAYS remember they are not. They are simply reducing the unfairness of that of genji and tracer.

6. If any characters need to be nerfed, Genji and Tracer will be on no. 1 & 2. Plain and simple. The devs just refused to do it. Thus they keep releasing characters that are not being countered directly by Genji and Tracer, as a compensation.

7. You are already being spoiled by the devs since the launch of OW. Stop complaining that your unfairness is not enough for you to abuse those highly skilled characters to build your happiness over others agony.

Thank you !
she's probably the first support to be allowed to do that, you best go for some other squishies instead, her weakness is she can't battle more than 1 enemy
Unless your a pro hit scan i tent to concur with that assessment
02/19/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Nalfein
Dva cant fight Zarya alone.... Zarya OP Nerf nao!!
Genji cant fight Symetra alone... Symetra OP Nerf nao!!
Widow cant fight Winston alone... Winston OP Nerf nao!!

I have no problem being countered by a tank or a DPS but not a support. Stop telling me that it's normal.

Since when a support is suppose to counter a flanker ? This is the flankers's job to counter support ... literally ...

Um ..... Did u not notice the second example ... sym is literally the anti tracer genji person... AND SHE IS A SUPPORT LAST TIME I CHECKED.

She does more damage than phara,
She has like 20 times more lock on than moira.
She has turrets than slow targets down.
SHE IS A SUPPORT THAT COUNTERED FLANKERS SINCE THE BETA! HAVE YOU BEEN UNDER A ROCK?
02/19/2018 05:33 AMPosted by ColinthePyro
02/19/2018 05:29 AMPosted by Julfy
Um... It's not about her being a support that can fight DPS, it's about her being a great counter to Tracer.

Or do you say all supports are supposed to be the weakest fighters?

well..they should always be worse fighters than DPS because they have healing. Tanks win most 1v1s anyway. So...yes? Why should the best support fighter also get the best healing?

Well, the trick is, not all DPS have to deal the most damage (Sombra), not all tanks have to provide shield to their teammates (Roadhogs), not all supports have to be healers (Symmetra). Thus, not all supports have to be weaker fighters.
Also, rez is currently the best healing (just for the lolz).
02/19/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Nalfein

Um ..... Did u not notice the second example ... sym is literally the anti tracer genji person... AND SHE IS A SUPPORT LAST TIME I CHECKED.

She does more damage than phara,
She has like 20 times more lock on than moira.
She has turrets than slow targets down.
SHE IS A SUPPORT THAT COUNTERED FLANKERS SINCE THE BETA! HAVE YOU BEEN UNDER A ROCK?

She would if her primary or secondary fire allowed her to engage at any meaningful range or if she had the mobility that allowed her to make use of her weapon despite the near-melee range she has.
I actually find it hard to succ Tracer's that strafe unpredictable. If you don't know, there is a slight delay before Moira's succ deals damage. It's not instant like Zarya. So moving and blinking unpredictably makes it almost impossible to give a good succ.

Did you actually say that? Like there's a hero who doesn't have that "weakness" lol
Moira is great at peeling and so are other characters. You have to remember that as she is trying to deal with you she is also not healing her team. The point of a flanker is to devide the attention of the enemy team while your team is attacking. The flankers have evasion abilities for this reason. As long as you keep the Moira occupied while staying alive your team will come up behind her and kill her anyway.
She's gonna get nerfed anyway. It's not gonna get soon cause blizzard is the worst when it comes to balancing but once they realise moira is as bad as ana when she was op they will use the nerf hammer.
A 1v1 vs. Moira should always be in your favour as Tracer if you get within that 7m range.